The online racing simulator
Questions about multiplayer.
(8 posts, started )
Hey guys, newbie here. I've experienced some online races with this demo account, it was good, now that I'm considering to jump into the more serious world - buying a S2 license - I realised that my country has almost no LFS players. It would be pretty boring to cruise around with AIs (they can't drive in any custom layouts, right?) or just making some skins and setups.

So here's the question. If ping is too high in multiplayer (like me, at the other side of globe), what exactly happens to other guys? And though I'm about to buy Logitech G27, is it okay to use only keyboard and mouse for playing? It's braking so hard that it locks my tyres every time :P
The other guys get catapulted when you crash them, or, you experience an heavier crash then normal. Also you will jump a bit around, even heavily when also packet loss occurs. Really annoying for other people to drive behind somebody who lags a lot. (Worse, you don't know it yourself because on your own screen everything looks normal).

But, I've also seen people from S-Korea which had a sort of decent/stable connection. Laggy but stable, I mean you can have a 300 ping but that not necessarily implies that you are having big issues. It's more the jitter what counts (fluctuation of the ping).

I would be more worried about the time zone you are in.

Oh and with laggy connections you certainly need to have a wheel. A wheel produces a much smoother racing line pattern. Mouse/KB setups are also known for having less brake force, so that your tires are locking isn't surprising when you drive around with a wheel setup.
Quote from cargame.nl :The other guys get catapulted when you crash them, or, you experience an heavier crash then normal. Also you will jump a bit around, even heavily when also packet loss occurs. Really annoying for other people to drive behind somebody who lags a lot. (Worse, you don't know it yourself because on your own screen everything looks normal).

But, I've also seen people from S-Korea which had a sort of decent/stable connection. Laggy but stable, I mean you can have a 300 ping but that not necessarily implies that you are having big issues. It's more the jitter what counts (fluctuation of the ping).

I would be more worried about the time zone you are in.

That doesn't sounds good Maybe I should find another friends or commuties. That would solve both connection issue and time zone difference.
Well I wonder how you experienced some online racing anyway with this account.

Illegal? According to LFSW you have burned exactly zero amounts of fuel.
Well actually I forgot my password so I just made new one. So can I check mileage or something in here?
Oh there is a link at the top :P never saw that. Thanks!
Easier, it's displayed directly on your forum profile. (click name -> profile)

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG