The online racing simulator
Choosing a Fanatec Clubsport rim
Hi pilots.

I'm in the known process of drooling over at Fanatec website.

Apart from the obvious differences between the two extremes "Classic" and "F1" Clubsport rims, what are the other parameters to consider in choosing another wheel among that large Clubsport rims range?

I saw different dimensions, shapes, buttons, etc...
There must also be some % of personal taste, but which is a good "overall" one?

I'm trying to find a comparative over those models but couldn't find one yet.
I'm on a very little mobile phone and browsing is quite difficult.

Thanks.
Depends on what you use it for. I still like the BMW rim overall. If you're a drifter you shouldn't buy the Formula rim for example. For regular racing I think a simple round rim should work the best. The Porsche rim is also very cool. You should also compare the kind of material that's used. In my opinion the alcantara leather is still very awesome to use.

But like you said, it's also a personal matter of taste.
If you like barehand driving and your hands tend to sweat, then you might consider somehing else than alcantara. I left some stains on the material throughout the summer, cause of the sweaty hand. Although, it comes out with a technique and an ammount of time, but still a fuss to have it clean.
Thanks, but I've got a pair of nice "open fingers" leather gloves.

Now, where's the money?
IMO most of the rims cost way too much money. Best think you could do is just buy the adaptor with the buttons that control the setting and then buy real steering rims to your liking. Doesnt need to be high end rims. You can cut the cost down by getting some replica wheels and installing them on the adaptor
I would say it is mainly on your preferences. I love the leather finish on my gt3rs. Some people only like the formula one type but you should not buy them (or buy 2!) if you plan to move your hands on the wheel. The 918 replica would be my favourite.
Quote from Kristi :If you like barehand driving and your hands tend to sweat, then you might consider somehing else than alcantara. I left some stains on the material throughout the summer, cause of the sweaty hand. Although, it comes out with a technique and an ammount of time, but still a fuss to have it clean.

agree 100% as ive got the gt3rs and i dont sweat much. More the leather just got rough where my hands were. But i think that bmw rim is still the way to go

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG