The online racing simulator
LFS carsound expansion
(267 posts, started )
soon is somewhere between tomorrow and before S3 Final

I think 3drealms said that DukeNukem Forever would be out soon...
soon has been a couple of weeks my soon is in 3 days... im starting to suggest he doesnt have the sounds
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :soon has been a couple of weeks my soon is in 3 days... im starting to suggest he doesnt have the sounds

hes got to find/do samples for 18 cars and make them sound right. And being summer and all I dont think you spend as much time infront of the screen.

and then theres testing and coding too
My personal opinion is, start a hype when you're close to finishing it.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :soon has been a couple of weeks my soon is in 3 days... im starting to suggest he doesnt have the sounds

Last time I checked, soon in LFS is something close to a year.
Quote from TagForce :Last time I checked, soon in LFS is something close to a year.

haha -not for me-
The Bf1 has been changed from a shrieking AAAAAAAAAAH to an grunty orgasmic moaning ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The FOX has been changed from a grunting grrrrr to a overwhelming GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Uf1.....changed from tiiiiiing plunk tiiiiiiiing to tika tika tika tika tika

the FXR changed from KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to GRAPAPAPAPAPABOOMCRUUUNCHNAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is all in my honest opinion of course...
Such a scientific explanation!
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :haha -not for me-

/me sighs we meant in the games release
Very nice sounds. Hope this is real.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :haha -not for me-

Well, the makers are using their definition of soon, not yours.
New teaser :)
THANKS for this awesome move LOVE it, I hope it comes out soon cause it will make LFS so MUCH better.
The sound is beatiful

Can you say if the other cars will get the sounds too? cause 'you' gave the helicopter camera one!?!

Thanks for the absolutly nice status
one word: AMAZING
you should get paid (yes devs, hire the man - im not suggesting scavier coudn't do the job as well)
-
(Specht) DELETED by Specht : useless comment
really nice O.o
i continue waiting...
As long as the 'information' is still in the sound, and it isn't just a GTR style noise that has almost nothing to do with the engine at that moment; and as long as you can't easily hear the blending sounds between the samples (I'm assuming it's sampled), then this looks very promising.

If it's easy to install/uninstall then I would also consider using it at Cyberseat shows to really draw a crowd.
looking good, I am looking forward to hearing the lx6 and mrt5 engine sounds..

good work
That 's brilliant ,i just cant wait to try it.
Do you think it would be possible to add a gearbox transmission sound too?
wow...cool stuff! FZR sounds awesome from the outside...Like a monster The FXR sounds more like a big american big block than a boxer 4 though. But hey, brilliant
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

(ish)

(maybe)

(when it's ready)

(can we have some technical info about how it sort of works please?)
Quote from tristancliffe :
(can we have some technical info about how it sort of works please?)

RPMs from OutGauge ? Or some more advanced technique: DirectSound hooker or MemReading?

Hmm, if it isn't released by the end of this week, I might try doing a quicky app myself using OutGauge. Cause I'd like to hear some diesel engines .
Hope it's finished soon cuz the sounds roxx0rz hard

LFS carsound expansion
(267 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG