The online racing simulator
Steering wheel rotation degrees
Hello,

I'm gonna pick up my DFGT soon, and I can't decide how much degrees of rotation i'll use. I had this wheel some time ago and i used 420 for all cars and i was pretty comfortable. And my question - is it worth to try bigger values? Like 720? I mean, maybe i can achieve better results with it or drive more accurate. Aaaand i want to know how many degress of rotation you guys use mostly.

Thanks in advance, Erikito.
I always use the same degrees as the cars really have, and I got used to it that way (see LFSManual).
The more degrees you use,the more precise you can steer,but it also has downside - with more degrees you're slower to save the car from spinning,so you have to find your own "sweetspot".
For example for road cars and GTRs I use 540° (while road cars itself have 720° steering,which I find too much for myself),but for single seaters it's original - 450° (or 400° for BF1).
Martin has no life. (c) Jared

Aight, that is what I wanted to hear actually, the sweetspot thing.. tho i'll try 1:1 rate for some time and i'll see if im comfortable with it. Thanks!
I try to use most of the time the right amount of degrees that belong to the car as well. Although your speed will most probably decrease a little.

I think there is some other aspect involved to which setting is right. I see you are using a DFGT which is the same as the DFP I believe just a little upgraded looks, but single engined.

I have driven with a G27 as well and imo it's much easier to drive a G27 on high degrees than a DFP or perhaps DFGT as well.

I use a DFp still which is pretty worn out. But I think the feedback that you get and the speed of which you get that through the wheel and FFB in the G27, is much more precise and allows you to respond quicker.

My wheel getting close to end of life though.. maybe its not comparable.. but i think the wheel does make a difference on this one.
Erikito, as we both are drifters and if you are thinking about drifting with one, I would go for 720 or even 900! I use 720 when drifting, 270 when racing. 720 is really great fun for drifting purposes, not so great for racing (personal preference).
Quote from danielroelofs :I try to use most of the time the right amount of degrees that belong to the car as well. Although your speed will most probably decrease a little.

I think there is some other aspect involved to which setting is right. I see you are using a DFGT which is the same as the DFP I believe just a little upgraded looks, but single engined.

I have driven with a G27 as well and imo it's much easier to drive a G27 on high degrees than a DFP or perhaps DFGT as well.

I use a DFp still which is pretty worn out. But I think the feedback that you get and the speed of which you get that through the wheel and FFB in the G27, is much more precise and allows you to respond quicker.

My wheel getting close to end of life though.. maybe its not comparable.. but i think the wheel does make a difference on this one.

Yeah, I understand your point. As is said, if I will not feel it while driving with 1:1 steering ratio, i'll lower it. Thanks for response!

Quote from MousemanLV :Erikito, as we both are drifters and if you are thinking about drifting with one, I would go for 720 or even 900! I use 720 when drifting, 270 when racing. 720 is really great fun for drifting purposes, not so great for racing (personal preference).

Haha, yeah. Actually when i had DFGT 2 years ago i was comfortable with 900 while drifting, but i was using 420 while racing.. strange huh.. looks like i'm not feeling a lot of degress while racing too haha. I will go back to 420 (lol that number tho, used it random before it started to be internet-popular) or even less maybe. Good to feel that im not the one, that uses less degrees.
#8 - Sobis
Pfft, I've been using 180 for more than 5 years now :P. But then again, I AM slow...
yeah I would like to replicate real life on LFS too but I am struggling.
I drift in real life and have done so competitively for several years. But for the life of me, cannot handle (I'm too slow) or catch the wheel fast enough at 900deg in LFS despite hours of practice. Im using a T500rs wheel which folks say should be good and fast enough but I'm still not getting it:-( I find it much easier to do drifts at high speed at 180 deg wheel setting.

Is there something I am missing? I have been scouring the net in the hopes of finding that elusive tweak or setup that will help me drift in LFS as I do in real life!!!
450 force feedback 50 on driver in game 50
steering wheel axis properties 50 % sensitivity
in game wheel turn compensation 0.50
I always use 900 on all cars in LFS. I only change one thing that makes a big difference.
If im going to drift i put wheel turn compensation on 0.00 so i can use the very end of the deegrees when goin sideways.
If im goin to grip i use wheel turn compensation 0.01
That .01 will make the steering more responsive for regular racing but it will have a deadzone at the very end of the max deegrees.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG