The online racing simulator
New site not displayed correctly in various mobile browsers
The new site doesn't display correctly for me in any of the mobile browsers I use.

Default Sailfish browser (based on Gecko/FF 26) won't display the rightmost part of the page.

Another problem is with Opera Mini (Android ver. 22) where the car change animation makes the right border jump around. When the animation stops, th border returns to its intended position.

The upper bar with links and login button doesn't move sideways with the rest of the site. If I zoom in, I cannot see the right side of the bar. I always have to zoom far out to see the login button. This is a problem common to all browsers I tried. (Sailfish default, Android Opera Mini, WebCat)
Attached images
upper_bar.jpg
sailfish.jpg
We hope to make the website more mobile friendly / responsive at some point. It's not perfect now, I admit.
The problem with the right part of the site running out of the browser is apparently not isolated to mobile browsers. I can get the same behavior in desktop Firefox 32 if the display resolution is low enough.
I guess that should be an easy fix - setting max-width to the top bar inside element, so it would keep its maximum width but would adjust if the browser window is smaller than that.
It should be fixed for now. However, some optimisations should come with the complete "responsive design" support later.
I'm sorry to report that the update doesn't seem to fix the problem. The upper bar seems to behave a bit better when I zoom in but there is still no left/right scrollbar when the content doesn't fit into the window. Easiest way to reproduce this is to just zoom in - it breaks even in desktop Firefox.
It's a bit unfortunate situation for mobile atm, but nevertheless i'm going to leave it as it is for now and fix the whole mobile thing later on with dedicated css.
I know everyone's saying to make it responsive, but imo that is really very hard to do - to make an entire site responsive (or adaptive, whatever). Some content is just not suited to wrap nicely into a tiny window. It needs a whole new approach. So that should be fixed at a later time, with mobile css.
The old forum didn't have a special mobile style and as far as I was ever concerned it displayed quite well on all my mobile gadgets. The only rather annoying problem right now is the portion of the site being cut off in Gecko-based browsers, mobile or not if the display size is not wide enough for the content to fit in. You can see the left/right scrollbar missing on the attached screenshot.
Attached images
no_right_side.jpg
Quote from MadCatX :I'm sorry to report that the update doesn't seem to fix the problem. The upper bar seems to behave a bit better when I zoom in but there is still no left/right scrollbar when the content doesn't fit into the window. Easiest way to reproduce this is to just zoom in - it breaks even in desktop Firefox.

Just tried zooming in and I see what you mean. For some reason the css has overflow-x:hidden applied to the body which removes the horizontal scrollbar, removing this property brings it back.
Quote from boothy :
Quote from MadCatX :I'm sorry to report that the update doesn't seem to fix the problem. The upper bar seems to behave a bit better when I zoom in but there is still no left/right scrollbar when the content doesn't fit into the window. Easiest way to reproduce this is to just zoom in - it breaks even in desktop Firefox.

Just tried zooming in and I see what you mean. For some reason the css has overflow-x:hidden applied to the body which removes the horizontal scrollbar, removing this property brings it back.

This sounds like something I could've figured out had I bothered to break out Firebug. It works at least in FF32.
Quote from MadCatX :The old forum didn't have a special mobile style and as far as I was ever concerned it displayed quite well on all my mobile gadgets.

This site contains more than just the forum It needs to work for every page.

As for the overflow - removing that does funny things when the car in the header moves off the screen. I might be able to fix that by looking closely at the site's structure again and rearrange things a bit so that the overflow is only for the header rather than the whole body.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG