The online racing simulator
Good old pick and race action
(24 posts, started )
Hi there,

like others, I also noticed that there is almost no proper immediate pick and race action going on lately (besides demo world).

Therefore I opened this thread for people to be able to post their server, maybe one or another might start-up LFS and join the fun.

I am providing a host with some XFR fun today. I still feel XFR gives one of the best close and fun racing action.

Who is in?

Server: auto² - server
Join: lfs://join=auto² - server
#2 - Vain
Good initiative, but I guess most people prefer driving on a schedule these days.

Back in ~2004 people who signed up were mostly students I suppose. So these days they'll likely have many more obligations than they used to. Personally I've arranged for tuesdays and thursdays to be LFS-days (even though that is going to fall flat tomorrow ). I guess that's just one of the realities an aging userbase brings with it.

Vain
I didn't remember Blackwood was so fun with UFR and XFR

Really awesome racing with you guys today, and I do hope you'll be keeping the server up!
Quote from Vain :Good initiative, but I guess most people prefer driving on a schedule these days.

Back in ~2004 people who signed up were mostly students I suppose. So these days they'll likely have many more obligations than they used to. Personally I've arranged for tuesdays and thursdays to be LFS-days (even though that is going to fall flat tomorrow ). I guess that's just one of the realities an aging userbase brings with it.

Vain

I agree. Same situation here. But exactly because of that I sometimes find some hours here and there, like today. Not really plan-able

But this was huge fun today! Great racing on BL1 with XFR and UFR. Actually some of the best fights and chats I had in years with LFS.

Thanks guys. I will anounce here again, when we open up the host
#5 - Sobis
Oh wow, that was seriously fun! I haven't had races as close as these in a long time! It would be amazing if more people joined. Too bad I'll be away for a few days.
I really missed an initiative made by genR few years ago. That was a daily race event and that was a lot of fun. That could be an initiative to fix a time daily to race and have fun together.
Quote from MoMo92i :I really missed an initiative made by genR few years ago. That was a daily race event and that was a lot of fun. That could be an initiative to fix a time daily to race and have fun together.

Yes, that definitely sounds interesting. Important is though, that the races are kept casual. 5-10 rounds, simple fun.

Next Pick-Up Racing fun today!

Tonight: 8:30pm CEST – Central European Summer Time

Teamspeak Server will also be provided but obviously not required to join!
Damn, why does it always have to be when I'm away
Thanks to Flame, we can offer you some slow, but hopefully close UF1 racing.

Join for the lulz and some good racing in here: Sleepwalking UF1 server

I'll try to be there to change tracks and maintain the attitude.
Starting with Blackwood, 3 laps; tracks and distance will change after few races based on demand (and common sense).

E: Sorry for hijacking your thread Warper.
Quote from Kid222 :E: Sorry for hijacking your thread Warper.

Thats fine! No competition! Just fun
#12 - Papa
Corsair_bs and myself will join as well. Of course on auto² - Server requests for different tracks and maybe other cars than UFR+XFR will be heard as well. We'll decide spontaneously based on online user requests. We'll start off with UFR+XFR on BL1, though.

Looking forward to see you out there tonight!

Cheers,
Papa
#13 - Papa
Quote from nikopdr :I didn't remember Blackwood was so fun with UFR and XFR

Really awesome racing with you guys today, and I do hope you'll be keeping the server up!

Well, it'll be online from time to time, basically whenever we (Warper, corsair_bs, Papa, a few others) manage to make an appointment in RL . Lately happened on a rather regularly base. Hope, we can keep it up. Guess, we'll just keep on posting here so you guys know.

PS: Sorry for double post. Obviously I am not THE most active forums user, but just remembered there was an edit function. I am getting old...
2 late...gotta work early D:
Was great fun again... just a little long ! Good night!
Quote from Kid222 :
Join for the lulz and some good racing in here: Sleepwalking UF1 server

Today, and throughout the whole weekend, i'll try to be on the server in the evening, so hop in and have some fun! Yesterday we had some good close races only in 5 people, but the more, the better.
And again, we had looots of fun. First some LX6 crazyness on Westhill, then some XRT sliding on Kyoto National and last but not least some races in the XFR on Kyoto National.

Lots of fun. I realized again whats missing in LFS: https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=86265

Regards, see you on the track guys!
And lets have some fun again. Probably XFR.

Server online in a couple of minutes:
lfs://join=Browntown
And tonight we will be online again. Starting 8:30pm german time. We are 3-4, looking forward for more people to join!

Nice, I'll check it out.
#24 - Papa
And online again!

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG