The online racing simulator
Wyke Grand Prix Circuit
(14 posts, started )
Wyke Grand Prix Circuit
Hello there Long time no see guys!

Okay heres a layout that iv been making for around 4 years, every time I got bored id just make a bit more, and a bit more, and new configurations, test them etc etc. I must have put around 600 laps on this track by now and I have tested it with a few friends in all cars it is fantastic for racing on.

I have heard that it got leaked by someone who tested it with me, though if you have driven this before, it was NOT the completed version, so here it is finally! I have gotten round to releasing this layout.

I hope you all enjoy driving it as much as I have done making it over the past few years.

There are many configurations so I have packed all the layout files into a .RAR to make it easier.

The main race circuit layout is the North Grand Prix, it is the longest circuit of them all. the rest I have added over the years.

Also it has a working pit lane, when you press reset, you are facing the correct way, and most of the layouts have this pitlane aswell, and also I have added a pitlane for the oval circuit.
and I have made a open configuration of the layout that I have also added.

Soo here it is, enjoy, Feedback is welcome!

Wyke Nascar Oval Layout here
Attached images
Wyke GP.jpg
Untitled-1y.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-7.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-4.jpg
Untitled-5.jpg
Untitled-6.jpg
Untitled-8.jpg
Attached files
Wyke Grand Prix.rar - 915.9 KB - 1602 views
nice tracks
we need a function to set pit lane by layout....
how do we create these layouts ?
When on track, press Shift + U (user view mode) and click Edit. Then you will see the buttons for editing the layout. On the left, you should see all available key shortcuts. If you don't see them, click "Keys" at the bottom.

You can read more about editing autocross layouts on the Autocross page in LFSManual.
Have a look HERE at the LFS wiki manual.

Basically, you CTRL U, then edit (press Space 1st if edit is hidden), then pick an object and place it in position using O key

Although you may assume you can only put objects in the AutoX area, not true, as (assuming you have LFS Licence) you can place objects on tracks, Blackwood car park, Drag strip, etc, too.

Have a look at this thread HERE to see the unofficial open track layouts - you'll need to make sure you note point 2 in the first post to see how to make them appear on your Track choice screen.
Get Corny to look at that oval! We could have another Short Track other than Fern Bay!
Some tidy looking layouts
But I think AU tracks are better if there are no walls on the outside of turns. The inside needs some walls/obstacles to prevent cutting, but the outside could do without. So small tracks cause close racing and it leaves very little room for error. When I make error or get bumped I prefer to run little wide or get onto grass, instead of smashing into walls. Better to spin outside track lines than get damage for rest of race..
Quote from Gutholz :Some tidy looking layouts
But I think AU tracks are better if there are no walls on the outside of turns. The inside needs some walls/obstacles to prevent cutting, but the outside could do without. So small tracks cause close racing and it leaves very little room for error. When I make error or get bumped I prefer to run little wide or get onto grass, instead of smashing into walls. Better to spin outside track lines than get damage for rest of race..

If you notice, most of the configurations have a lot of run-off area where it is possible to do so apart from on the oval, in real life oval's have a wall all the way around the edge. but the racing circuit configurations do have run-off areas.

Also, there is no way of cutting any of the track in any places, I have made sure of that.

Very slick layouts Ice.

Wyke Grand Prix Circuit
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG