The online racing simulator
Turned on the truck race to Timothy Peters get turned into the wall by Rom Hornaday when Peters came up the track. Amazingly, there was no yellow, but then Peters intentionally spun Hornaday 1/2 a lap later in the middle of a pack. Interesting to see what MASCAR says about this.
Peters needs to watch a replay
Carl out at Roush
worst kept secret since kenseth
How many more years does Roush really have in Nascar? That whole operation is falling apart.
Quote from UncleBenny :How many more years does Roush really have in Nascar? That whole operation is falling apart.

Agreed. It's a bit like RCR in my opinion. Sure they have Dillon, but I don't see him being that great. I could see him being someone like Edwards or Kahne. Capable of winning, but doesn't win constantly.
Meanwhile at Hendricks, Chase Elliot will start driving select cup races in the near future.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Meanwhile at Hendricks, Chase Elliot will start driving select cup races in the near future.

Hendrick*

I look forward to that, for me, he and Larson are the two best up-and-comers we've had in a looong time. I'm just wondering if he'll take over the 24 when Jeff retires, or possibly take Kahne's ride if they don't renew in two years.

How do they plan to accomplish that though, they already have 4 cars. Satellite team?
Quote from unclebenny :how many more years does roush really have in nascar? That whole operation is falling apart.

I agree, they need to do what Penske did and focus on less cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILmIyG6qno

WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHICAL CONTENT

the amount of people ho said that tony was at fault is way to damn high. Walking onto the track in black suit at night while there are race cars are blasting by is the most retarded thing you can do.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILmIyG6qno

WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHICAL CONTENT

the amount of people ho said that tony was at fault is way to damn high. Walking onto the track in black suit at night while there are race cars are blasting by is the most retarded thing you can do.

That was plain stupid. Days of 70's are long gone and people shouldn't be allowed to run on the track, wawing hands like this. While i can't see from the video what exactly happened, i believe Stewart didn't intend to do that, though that is left to speculation, until (if at all) better footage is shown.

Life stupidly wasted.
The reports from witness's at the track claim that Tony revved the engine when he got close to Ward, accelerating hard the back end of the car kicked out.

Quote :
Tyler Graves, a sprint-car racer and friend of Ward's, told Sporting News in a phone interview that he was sitting in the Turn 1 grandstands and saw everything that happened.

"Tony pinched him into the frontstretch wall, a racing thing," Graves said. "The right rear tire went down, he spun on the exit of (Turn) 2. They threw the caution and everything was toned down. Kevin got out of his car. … He was throwing his arms up all over the place at Tony for most of the corner.

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."

souce: Deadspin
Apparently Tony had a GoPro, so if he did that will tell what happened. Unfortunate though.
From what I see, the car in front of tony did the exact same avoiding swerve as tony himself. AFAIK dirt cars dont stop/grip as well as road cars, so standing on the outside trying to get as close as possible to the car is the stupidest thing you can do.

Quote from Mustangman759 :Apparently Tony had a GoPro, so if he did that will tell what happened. Unfortunate though.

I hope this brings more clearance about it indeed. Doesn't have a point to blame or to defend drivers before this.
Even if Tony hit the throttle that doesn't prove intent. Tony is experienced and could've throttled up in hopes of pivoting the car away from the guy on track. It's similar to how they spin the crap out of the wheels so they can get out of the tight pit boxes in my opinion.
I mean, this proves why you should never try to confront a multi-ton hunk of metal that's coming at you at high speed.

But that said, Tony's in trouble.
To me it looks like Tony pulled on him and wanted to scare Kevin... Tony is in deep shit.

Not like Kevin was innocent. After you crash, surely walking around the cars is a brilliant idea...
As much as it looks bad for Tony, he can't get in too much trouble for this given how stupid the other guy was for putting himself in the dangerious position.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Even if Tony hit the throttle that doesn't prove intent. Tony is experienced and could've throttled up in hopes of pivoting the car away from the guy on track. It's similar to how they spin the crap out of the wheels so they can get out of the tight pit boxes in my opinion.

Yes, but spinning the tires like that is good at a stopped or very low speed. At a decent speed it seems to be almost reckless.

I'm sure there was plenty of room on the inside of the race track for Tony to proceed. He'd look a lot less guilty if he hadn't come so close to start with.

Point is that Tony Stewart has quite a temper, and I assure you that he wasn't just harmlessly passing by trying at all costs to avoid him.
I don't know anything about those races but doesn't they have slick tyres and the road is full of mud? I think it isn't very easy to stop car like that or even turning without doing some oversteer move.
Quote from CardsetCrazy :I don't know anything about those races but doesn't they have slick tyres and the road is full of mud? I think it isn't very easy to stop car like that or even turning without doing some oversteer move.

The tyres are grooved, but its still slippery in those cars.

I would say 95% of the blame goes on that guy just for putting himself in that position before you could claim if Tony did on purpose or not.

Regardless it would be quite insane to think Tony would of wanted to hit him, and considering the surface conditions what could you really put it as other then a tragic accident.
Quote from Cornys :

I'm sure there was plenty of room on the inside of the race track for Tony to proceed. He'd look a lot less guilty if he hadn't come so close to start with.

Of course there was, plenty of cars go to the inside while Tony just kept going to the outside.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcspor ... he-experts-do-their-jobs/
IMO one of two things happened.

There's a clear engine rev in the video before Stewart is shown sliding into Ward, which suggest that Tony for some reason floored it. Thing is, there's really no way of telling where the engine rev came from. It could have been any other car on track. If it is Stewart revving his engine, however, then it seems like it was kinda done as intimidation. Even in such a case, I don't think you can completely blame Stewart. This would be a series of poor decisions by both parties that led to the incident.

Second possibility Tony didn't see him until it was too late. He was just behind another car that just barely missed Ward. That car dove to the inside of Ward, so it could easily have blocked Stewart's view up right up until it passed Ward. Even if Stewart had gotten a good look ahead of the other car earlier in the corner, when it wasn't obstructing Ward, Stewart would've had to spot a black suited driver on a dark brown surface.

Anyway, it's a damn shame.
Looks to me like Tony turned slightly up the slope and wheel span to try and avoid him. Either way that other guy is a stupid dumbass for getting out and walking down further onto the track, idiot.
Quote from DejaVu :Either way that other guy is a stupid dumbass for getting out and walking down further onto the track, idiot.

If you're going to speak ill of the dead with such disrespect, at least use the correct tense.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG