The online racing simulator
Anyone frisbeegolfing?
(29 posts, started )
Anyone frisbeegolfing?
Hello! As I have started a new hobby, totally got me into this, as no PC to play LFS and I have a real life too etc etc etc...

Anyway, is there anyone also found that frisbee golf is attractive? If someone is, post some pictures of your local track ( if you have even one ) ( I'll post when I go to my local track next time, taking some photos)

I have always liked to throw something though and now I found my favorite sports. ( In Middle-Finland, there is some kind of booming about this sport. Almost everyone knows at least something what kind of sport it is, and I am not only one, heh )

Anyway, nice exercising and enjoyable if played well

EDIT: is someone even a professional player? that would be cool in my opinion
So this involves frantically hitting a frisbee with a golf club?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Hello! As I have started a new hobby, totally got me into this, as no PC to play LFS and I have a real life too etc etc etc...

Anyway, is there anyone also found that frisbee golf is attractive? If someone is, post some pictures of your local track ( if you have even one ) ( I'll post when I go to my local track next time, taking some photos)

I have always liked to throw something though and now I found my favorite sports. ( In Middle-Finland, there is some kind of booming about this sport. Almost everyone knows at least something what kind of sport it is, and I am not only one, heh )

Anyway, nice exercising and enjoyable if played well

EDIT: is someone even a professional player? that would be cool in my opinion

I've never played the sport in full, but I have played some strange knock off variations of the game in casual fun around the house. It's enjoyable, but not something I would make a big habit of doing like I do tennis
Quote from Crashgate3 :So this involves frantically hitting a frisbee with a golf club?

No, you actually throw it instead of hitting with any club. Though I tried immediately after saw your reply, hitting the disc with metal pipe. It actually works, but makes damage to disc so I rather throw it lol.
Me and a few mates came up with 'ultra-golf' a few years ago (although we never got to play it).

Golf, as you know, is an incredibly tedious game, described by Samuel Clemens as (and I paraphrase) 'the best way to spoil a good walk'.
A lot of the tedium is caused by all the standing around waiting for your shot, so the most obvious solution is to have all the players play at the same time.
Quote :Rule 1: All players play simultaneously, whoever gets the ball in the hole first wins, regardless of the number of strokes taken.

This would still involve a lot of running which, while it could have it's thrilling moments, is still fairly dull. So we need to speed up the players somehow.
Quote :Rule 2: All players shall play from inside golf-carts. Players are not allowed to leave the golf-cart at any time.

Lastly, the thing golf is sorely missing is: Comedy. Farce. Schadenfreude. Anyone who's watched the Chuckle Brothers would agree that this is best cultivated by lack of communication between two people attempting a complex task. This leads us nicely to:
Quote :Rule 3: Golf-carts shall be driven by the Caddy, who is blindfolded. The Golfer sits on the roof and must shout instructions to the driver in order to convey them to the correct position to take a shot. The golfer is not allowed to physically touch the golf-cart's controls, under penalty of disqualification.

I don't know about you, but I'd pay to watch it.
Years ago, I was managing a sign shop. This guy comes in wanting promotional signage for this new thing - frisbee golf. He was looking for investors to get in on the ground floor.... talking crazy things about getting contracts for city parks. I figured he was just another nutcase with a wacky idea. Yeah. I'm still kicking myself over that one. He's got courses in cities all over the US now. Some people I work with play that a lot.
The discs don't look like a frisbee at all.... I dunno. I always figured it was a sport for stoners that can't afford to buy golf clubs.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Me and a few mates came up with 'ultra-golf' a few years ago (although we never got to play it).

Golf, as you know, is an incredibly tedious game, described by Samuel Clemens as (and I paraphrase) 'the best way to spoil a good walk'.
A lot of the tedium is caused by all the standing around waiting for your shot, so the most obvious solution is to have all the players play at the same time. This would still involve a lot of running which, while it could have it's thrilling moments, is still fairly dull. So we need to speed up the players somehow.
Lastly, the thing golf is sorely missing is: Comedy. Farce. Schadenfreude. Anyone who's watched the Chuckle Brothers would agree that this is best cultivated by lack of communication between two people attempting a complex task. This leads us nicely to:

I don't know about you, but I'd pay to watch it.

You're mainly wrong, everyone who uses that phrase normally is, but I have to pick you up on your last point. If you can play a round of golf with similarly novice level friends and not have something funny happen, you're all a bunch of miserable gits
Quote from Racer Y :Years ago, I was managing a sign shop. This guy comes in wanting promotional signage for this new thing - frisbee golf. He was looking for investors to get in on the ground floor.... talking crazy things about getting contracts for city parks. I figured he was just another nutcase with a wacky idea. Yeah. I'm still kicking myself over that one. He's got courses in cities all over the US now. Some people I work with play that a lot.
The discs don't look like a frisbee at all.... I dunno. I always figured it was a sport for stoners that can't afford to buy golf clubs.

That is true, I have to admit it, as it is usually a lot cheaper to play disc golfing than normal golf. It is a lot easier to play also, though the difficulty can vary ultimately from easy to impossible, especially if finding your disc in front of tree and you see you are in the forest and no basket is in FOV

Quote from sinbad :You're mainly wrong, everyone who uses that phrase normally is, but I have to pick you up on your last point. If you can play a round of golf with similarly novice level friends and not have something funny happen, you're all a bunch of miserable gits

Exactly
I play disc golf.
Burn, baby burn; disc-golf inferno.
I would try it, but there's only one playground in whole CZ and it's some 300 km away. :|
Quote from Kid222 :I would try it, but there's only one playground in whole CZ and it's some 300 km away. :|

Damn, I thought it was a bit more popular around yurop.

I don't really have discs of my own, but I've gone around the local "tracks" a few times with a few friends and usually someone can borrow one, really great fun. I have considered getting a few discs for myself, but that most likely goes to next summer.
#13 - JJ72
Well is it basically the mini game on wii sport resort?
I've tried Frisbee Golf once -- A friend (who had probably played a few times before) asked me to tag along a couple of weeks ago.

Although I sucked bad I did kind of enjoy walking the terrain (about 3k). And throwing stuff never gets boring, right? The only downside I can think of is when you/someone lose a disc on a track with lots of vegetation.

There are a few courses in Gothenburg though, perhaps I'll try another one some day!
I did that on my Playstation 3 using the move controller and the game "sports champions". Me and my brother had really good fun with it, the game itself is pretty cool.

After that I bought a pro-frisbee called "aerobie pro" in real, costs about 10-15 bucks on amazon. It's a really astonishing flying ring, better than anything on market in terms of frisbees. Get a look on that one, we have plenty of fun with it on lakes, gardens and etc.

I can imagine doing some sweet frisbee-golfing with this ring.
I never heard of the sport before, although I played with frisbee before. Checked up, and in Hungary we have free events every 2nd Saturday, and they also provide the equipment. Those sessions are especially for newbies Gotta try it asap.
Should be Olympic.. I mean... There is Kurling. Don't say not possible.
Quote from cargame.nl :Should be Olympic.. I mean... There is Kurling. Don't say not possible.

Well if they'll let Soccer be an Olympic sport, anything can. Although I guess it is the grand stage that all actors aspire to.
The most annoying thing is when you lose the discs to the forest ( hard to find them on there ), I lost 2 discs because the track was full of raspberry bushes...

Well, have to get a spare disc.

The disc what I did lost

The disc what I am going to use as spare, exactly same colour.

Primary disc, with same colour

Nopeus = Speed
Liito = Glide
Vakaus = Stability ( How fast it starts to turn / How long it stays on straight )
Loppufeidi = End fade in ( How much it turns to left/right, depending on your throw style, when it loses enough speed)

This also got lost, Putt & Approach disc, Stability 0, Range 0-200'
You guys need better hobbies.
Quote from Klutch :You guys need better hobbies.

Loser like me won't get any better hobby, though I think it is only taste of matter
Quote from Klutch :You guys need better hobbies.

We can't all drink blood and drive irresponsibly.

Anyone frisbeegolfing?
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG