The online racing simulator
Low FPS?
(16 posts, started )
Low FPS?
Hello everyone, i'm just wondering, I got some pretty low FPS, while gaming on a pretty good desktop.

Specs:
Windows 8.1
Intel Core i5
3,3 GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 640 (4GB ~ MSI)

How is it possible that my LFS still gets kinda low FPS?
Is it because of my videocard?
Quote from xboy1334 :Hello everyone, i'm just wondering, I got some pretty low FPS, while gaming on a pretty good desktop.

Specs:
Windows 8.1
Intel Core i5
3,3 GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 640 (4GB ~ MSI)

How is it possible that my LFS still gets kinda low FPS?
Is it because of my videocard?

What for you is low fps exactly? Also GT is not a gaming gpu.
That is pretty low, what resolution do you display at. Your card has (relative to a real gaming card) very limited bandwidth so high AA coupled with a large res could easily kill your frame rate.
640 GT is not "pretty good" to be honest. It wasn't it even at launch (a couple of years ago?). You should be able to get plenty of FPS in LFS though, since LFS isn't that demanding. What resolution are you using, how much AA and AF are you using, do you using any mods like ENB Series or SweetFX? And the obligatory integrated graphics note: if you have integrated Intel graphics, make sure that the LFS.exe profile in the nVidia control panel correctly switches to the faster card.

I would expect that card to struggle a bit at full grid race starts with a resolution of 1920x1080 and a bit of AA and/or AF.
#6 - sl10
Yeah that sounds low. I'm not sure about this but one thing I noticed a while back when changed to a new pc, that I had minimum sleep time at 10ms and it was running 70-80 fps. So changed that to 1ms from Misc/Minimum sleep and was back close to 250 fps.
I currently run LFS at 1920x1080, AF 16x, AA 8x, all on the highest level, so yeah..

+ I have no mods.
I'm very surprised you get that much FPS with that graphics card, it's firmly in the low-end segment for gaming purposes.
Mate, I run Battlefield 4 in medium with 40 FPS. :/
But do you run BF4 at 8x AA? Don't think so. 2x or 4x AA should give a lot more FPS.
40 FPS sounds optimistic atleast at 1920x1080 too...

At the end of the day, it's not a card made with gaming in mind.
I'm getting the GTX 750Ti soon, so it's fixed, I know enough, I turned the AA off, got 65/70 FPS.

Lock.
Quote from xboy1334 :I'm getting the GTX 750Ti soon, so it's fixed, I know enough, I turned the AA off, got 65/70 FPS.

Lock.

With some luck you could propably find a GTX 660 for the same price and get better performance per buck.
That can be a good idea indeed. The 660 is not that much more, and seems to be quite a bit faster.
I bought the Palit Storm Dual GeForce GTX 750Ti, got between the 160 fps and 280 fps.

LOCK.
xboy1334 i have almost same specs - win8,core5,8gb ram and geforce gt 630 2gb.In LFS graphics all maxed out in 1680x1050 fps never drops lower that 95 fps.

ps ehh too late u got new gpu

Low FPS?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG