The online racing simulator
Worst damage to a wheel?
(20 posts, started )
Worst damage to a wheel?
Hey everyone,

So-here goes some interesting news: an old 15kg ish Dell TFT fatback monitor fell onto my GT3RS v2 from a height last Tuesday night...3 hairline cracks and two dislodged screwholes in the driveshaft, all very entertaining stuff...

Fix: Epoxy resin support while gluing the cracks and being temporarily religious when pressing the on switch...anyway, while I'm waiting for that to dry...

Has anyone done something this bad or worse to their wheels? This has to be the worst thing I've seen done to a wheel...
I remember dropping my old sidewinder wheel from 2-3 metres (I was carrying it on top of a cardboard box on top of head in staircase and it fell). Not a scratch. Old microsoft hardware was rock solid.
Never dropped a wheel, but my old Saitek Joystick. Scratched, but everything worked like it should.

Whats most damaged on my wheel is the plugs on the wheel itself. I installed a switch into the power cable so that I can power up the wheel after screwing it to the table, without the need to unplug the cable all the time. Atm I think about soldering the pedal connector directly to the wheel base, as that stupid plug keeps unplugging itself
you could probably contact fanatec to replace the part. They're pretty good at sending you the parts to do it yourself.
I'm trying to get in contact with Thomas Jackermeier...

via Skype so I can run him through what's been done and ask about potential R+D, the issue with getting new parts is that A) It's used and I don't have the VAT number and B) It's about 3 years old, so I'd have to pay for the parts... :c
#6 - Omar1
any luck yet Matt?
#7 - amp88
#8 - troy
Quote from troy :Then the replacement G27

And we even can see,whos fault it was...

But seriously - dude,how the hell???
Lol great wheels.
Quote from Eclipsed :And we even can see,whos fault it was...

But seriously - dude,how the hell???

Road rage
That made me feel quite a lot better...

So much for G27s being solid haha-I should get a picture of how mine looks at the moment.

No case, no wheel face and pretty much stripped for parts after the steering pot broke.
#14 - troy
I can't even remember what I did to that G25 under the table, probably broke it at some point too.

My current G27 looks like this, it showed the same signs my first one had shortly before spectacularly breaking so I've taken drastic measures.
Attached images
current.jpg
Even your mouse looks beaten up!
That is a factory feature on that mouse though
Nobody give that guy a T500RS...
Quote from troy :

how do you even manage to do that, FFB force set to 120% ingame? Mine is at ~30%, the wheel was used when I got it, served me at least 5 years now, survived a bunch of non-simracers (including a few farm boys) trying out my rig, and nothing broke like that yet
Hahaha, I guess I'm lucky. My current wheel is Microsoft's Wireless FFB racing wheel and the worst I've ever done to it is whip it around (drifting!) so hard that it made a crack and now rotates slightly more on the left side. It's nothing horrible, though, the wheel is in perfect condition otherwise.

Worst damage to a wheel?
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG