The online racing simulator
Looking for somebody who is good at making track maps on photoshop.
Hello there,

Im looking for somebody who could make some track maps for me, I have a layout, and im going to be posting it on the forums, but I need somebody to make some track maps before I do so as there are MANY configurations.

Here is a example picture of what I mean by a track map, I need something like this making please.

I tried today on photoshop, but it looked terrible, I could of done better with a pen and paper.

if you are somebody who could help me with this, drop me a inbox, or just post all the pictures in a reply on here

Edit: Iv attached 2 pictures, first one shows the track as you can see so many different possible configurations of this complex.
Second picture shows some example configurations.

I need track maps of every possible configuration if someone has the time.

Thank you
Attached images
config.jpg
configs.jpg
On quick look I counted 14 possible configurations...
Can't promise anything,but I could try in weekend. Meanwhile - maybe try yourself with pen tool using path option. Then rightclick and choose "stroke path" -> brush (you need to set up brush settings before though). That's the way I do it.
okay thanks ill give it a try, but im pretty useless on photoshop haha!

Edit: Good lord!!!, earlier this afternoon I was messing about for hours deleting the outside of the track, then trying to fill it in etc etc to try make maps, and iv just done as you said, that's EASY.
True though as my first time it doesn't look professional, but omfg, I wish id of asked for help earlier before spending hours trying to do something that I gave up on haha!
quick attempt:

Is this good enough?
Sorry, I didn't see your post Gutholz.

Iv got the hang of photoshop and that tool you suggested Eclipsed. Thank you so much for that tutorial!

Here is what I have come up with so far.

Now all is left to do is save the layout in every configuration, Take a lot of screenshots, upload video showing the different configurations on youtube, then I will release it.
I have been Slowly making this layout for about 3-4 years, once or twice per month when im bored messing with it so that its perfect.

So keep a look out! though I was going to release it about 2 years ago, I kept on adding more configurations and more, and extra slip roads etc, then a fully functioning pitlane for when you reset car your pointing the correct way etc. (the red line in the picture) but I will release it soon!

Edit: Whilst im typing, might as well say, the layout started when I took the oval track that I made back in 2007-2008? it was supposed to be kinda a Pocono replica oval shape, altho from the maps iv made it looks like ky oval haha!. then I started making configurations in 2010 because I was bored, then it transformed into something great, the turns before the final turn are supposed to replicate some what to maggots and beckets from Silverstone, and the rest iv just made up as iv gone along really. I must of put etleast 600 laps in over 4 and half years, testing it so that its not just any old layout like the ones iv made in the past in a day, or my best ones in a day or two or three. its something different, and you can't tell that from the opening post screenshots. so keep a eye out for this one. It has been tested privately by a few friends of mine who are swore to secrecy and haven't shared etc, and it is fantastic to race on for a layout. Hope you all enjoy the final version!
Attached images
Wyke GP.jpg
Oh by the way, anyone who can make my track maps more professional than me in the next week or so, feel free to do so! would be most grateful
It is not bad, but you need more curve rasterization steps (twice or even more). Just google how to make curves smoother in photoshop.
I remember driving on this layout about a year ago.
Quote from Yuusei :I remember driving on this layout about a year ago.

Well that's a shame, as I don't know where you got it from then or how many people have seen it, but it was incomplete until now.
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Thank you so much for that tutorial!

Give a man a fish,feed him for a day,teach a man to fish - feed him for a lifetime!
So some small tips for fishing - in brush settings (window->brush) set spacing to minimum,so the lines are much smoother. And also you can bend curves yourself by dragging pen tool instead of just setting dots of path.
Quote from Eclipsed :Give a man a fish,feed him for a day,teach a man to fish - feed him for a lifetime!
So some small tips for fishing - in brush settings (window->brush) set spacing to minimum,so the lines are much smoother. And also you can bend curves yourself by dragging pen tool instead of just setting dots of path.

Ah dang, wish id of known yesterday, took 2 hours to make that map I posted few posts up haha, can't be bothered re-doing it all!

Just saving the layout in all the different configurations now. going to take some time!

Looking for somebody who is good at making track maps on photoshop.
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG