The online racing simulator
Cockpit View
(21 posts, started )
Cockpit View
Hi, i'm new at this game, and i loved, because it wasn't arcade like other games, but i cant see the pilot arms and legs on cockpit view!

Can someone help me ?
Hello and welcome to LFS.
Go to: Options -> View -> set Draw driver / wheel both ON.
Attached images
driverarms.png
-
(Litro) DELETED by Litro
im seriously wondering for years why this isnt by default on
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :im seriously wondering for years why this isnt by default on

You are not the only one.
#5 - Bean0
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :im seriously wondering for years why this isnt by default on

I can see my own arms and steering wheel, I don't want to see an extra set

Same here, it would add so much. Those who don't go to Options immediately could be disappointed. I would get it if it didn't show anything (ad Bean0's reply), but now it shows ONLY the steering wheel, which doesn't make much sense either for wheel or mouse/keyboard drivers.
Quote from Bean0 :I can see my own arms and steering wheel, I don't want to see an extra set

You can never have too many arms.
Quote from Bean0 :I can see my own arms and steering wheel, I don't want to see an extra set

Right, most of wheelers prefer to have wheel OFF, driver OFF.

On the other side, mouse drivers prefer wheel ON, driver ON.

Obviously neither side prefer having wheel ON without driver. Like Flame said there are people that don't immediately check options and that default option doesn't make sense for neither.
Infact I think driver ON/OFF thing is absolutely unnecessary, it should be ON as long as wheel is ON. I don't want some kind of telekinetic forces turning wheel
I happen to be one of the drivers who use wheel ON, driver OFF. I always found the driver arms distracting but the wheel is a good for reference for the mouse.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Right, most of wheelers prefer to have wheel OFF, driver OFF.

Obviously neither side prefer having wheel ON without driver. Like Flame said there are people that don't immediately check options and that default option doesn't make sense for neither.
Infact I think driver ON/OFF thing is absolutely unnecessary, it should be ON as long as wheel is ON. I don't want some kind of telekinetic forces turning wheel

inb4 ray comes in with his iracing video showing only wheel and no arms XD
Maybe there should be a question during the first startup: "Do you want to see your arms?" :huepfenic
Quote from MandulAA :Maybe there should be a question during the first startup: "Do you want to see your arms?" :huepfenic

twice

On topic: I'm still driving with arms off and wheel on, bad habits carry on along the years. LFS has an acceptable set of steering wheels, unlike iRacing which resulted in an insta turn-off.
Reading people's settings made me think... it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a webpage where people would submit their LFS cfg files and it would show some stats about everyone's settings.
Sorry, but my .cfg is my intellectual property (ba-dum-tsss)
Quote from Flame CZE :Reading people's settings made me think... it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a webpage where people would submit their LFS cfg files and it would show some stats about everyone's settings.

I like that idea

But as some people already expressed that they rather would not share their cfg and some data there could be indeed seen as private, maybe a better approach would be to make a survey. Include all options where changing default values would make sense, or atleast a separate thread where we could share our settings, experiences because we are kinda offtopic.

That option isn't the only one with wrong default value, there are a lot more. If some option/s affirm to be wrong by most of users, we could perhaps suggest changing default value to devs.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Right, most of wheelers prefer to have wheel OFF, driver OFF.

I'm one of the ON/OFF guys because I don't like to see the driver arms, as I have my own ones already, but if I turn wheel completely off, the driving view feels just empty. I use it like that in iRacing too, but for example in RBR I have everything turned off (well it doesn't even have hands )
Follow view FTW
Quote from jepsertti :I'm one of the ON/OFF guys because I don't like to see the driver arms, as I have my own ones already, but if I turn wheel completely off, the driving view feels just empty. I use it like that in iRacing too, but for example in RBR I have everything turned off (well it doesn't even have hands )

You can turn off the wheel in RBR?
Quote from Keling :You can turn off the wheel in RBR?

Yeah! Easiest way to turn it off is with RBR-World mod, as you can adjust your cam view from the launcher But it has a checkbox for "Turn off wheel" or something

/Sorry for off-topic.
RSRBR should never be off topic here, the two best racing sims after all.

Cockpit View
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG