The online racing simulator
possible to change rims?
(14 posts, started )
possible to change rims?
as u can see im a real noob but my question is if its posseble to change rims on the cars? im starting to get bored with the stock

#2 - Jakg
in renders - yes, in S1 - yes, in S2 - not yet, the tool will probably be re-made once S2 goes final though
#3 - joen
Quote from OverBoosted :as u can see im a real noob but my question is if its posseble to change rims on the cars? im starting to get bored with the stock

Nope, you can't. You can't change the wheel either

(saves tristan the trouble :P)
Quote from Jakg :in renders - yes, in S1 - yes, in S2 - not yet, the tool will probably be re-made once S2 goes final though

okey thx for the quick answer.. but aiint a little weird thats is possible to change lights cloths hemlets stering wheels tiers and so on BUT not rims? :S
Damn you Joen, I wanted to make the wheel/rim joke again.

(for clarity, the rim is only the small 'edge' of the wheel that stops the tyre from falling off, basically). The whole part is called a wheel, with sections of the wheel, such as spokes, rims, centre etc. Calling a wheel a rim is like calling a fork a prong or a car a windscreen.

As changing the wheels usually just mucks up the suspension, it's not really a priority. If you just want to change the looks then racing isn't for you really.
#6 - joen
Quote from OverBoosted :okey thx for the quick answer.. but aiint a little weird thats is possible to change lights cloths hemlets stering wheels tiers and so on BUT not rims? :S

The look of the lights and steering wheels are determined by the textures that are on them. So that's really easy to replace. The wheels don't have a texture on them so it's more difficult to change them (basically the shape of the wheel needs to be changed).
Quote from tristancliffe :Damn you Joen, I wanted to make the wheel/rim joke again.

(for clarity, the rim is only the small 'edge' of the wheel that stops the tyre from falling off, basically). The whole part is called a wheel, with sections of the wheel, such as spokes, rims, centre etc. Calling a wheel a rim is like calling a fork a prong or a car a windscreen.

As changing the wheels usually just mucks up the suspension, it's not really a priority. If you just want to change the looks then racing isn't for you really.

just becasue im a demo racer i aint stuiped.. i now that wheel is the hole shit.. but if u change rim in to som rim in the same inch then it shuldent be a problem
Quote from OverBoosted :okey thx for the quick answer.. but aiint a little weird thats is possible to change lights cloths hemlets stering wheels tiers and so on BUT not rims? :S

u only change the "picture" of lights and so, not the shape

like lights,
ur lights dont light up, only the "background"
the lights people change is the "picture" infront of the lights

i didnt understand anything of what i wrote above but maybe u do
#9 - Jakg
Quote from OverBoosted :just becasue im a demo racer i aint stuiped.. i now that wheel is the hole shit.. but if u change rim in to som rim in the same inch then it shuldent be a problem

and breath

sheesh, calm down!
No, you guys should calm down and take that deep breath, I mean everyone, and not just in this topic. He is not native speaker the difference between rim/wheel may not be that clear because NFS and such messing those up. And do you think forum newbies can understand your inside humour, and rim jokes. They just leave with bad taste in their mouth. Be nice, please.
Quote from Blackout :No, you guys should calm down and take that deep breath, I mean everyone, and not just in this topic. He is not native speaker the difference between rim/wheel may not be that clear because NFS and such messing those up. And do you think forum newbies can understand your inside humour, and rim jokes. They just leave with bad taste in their mouth. Be nice, please.

Hehe thx Finnish neighbour
In answering the origional question; No.
Quote :just becasue im a demo racer i aint stuiped..

roflmfao, thats a classic thats going in my sig. cheers for that overboosted.
Well, where i come from 'rim' is usually used as a reference to pressed
steel 'wheels', as in the kind u usually put hubcaps on or like most
spare tires use. Mags would be the various alloy 'wheels' which are now
more common and much more attractive. The wheel is more often used to
refer to the entire rim(or mag)/tire assembly. Just to spread the confusion.

possible to change rims?
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG