The online racing simulator
CMX-3DS converter
(8 posts, started )
CMX-3DS converter
Hi guys! First of all, I'm aware that my question has been asked before, but I've googled this extensively and the few links I found were dead. Now if I did miss something, please bear with me.

I am looking for a CMX-to-3DS converter. I do NOT intend to create car mods for LFS. All I want to do is fiddle around with some of the cars in a 3D modeling program and be happy about it, no re-importing to LFS or even the CMX viewer, no sharing, just some modeling for my very own delight.
#2 - Bean0
Thanks for the quick response Bean0. However, these scenes don't actually contain .3ds files, but .max files, which I can't work with...
I remember that I could import those CMX files into Blender somehow in the past... maybe you could find addon for Blender that does that and then convert to 3DS? But i really dont know how I did it, it was like 4 or 5 years ago.
Okay, I'll try that later today.
Thanks a lot @Bigbob, that worked perfectly! I downloaded (an old Version of) Blender, installed the CMX import add-on and now everything is fine.
I'm surprised to see how high poly those models actually are...
You re welcome. By the way, cars could look great with Blender´s new rendering engine(Cycles). .
Opening the models converted to old .blend file in newest blender should lead to loss of some materials and there may be texture problems but mesh should be imported just fine.

By the way, I hope it is not software piracy and that Scawen or Eric will not be angry
EDIT: the link for addon https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=80064 (use Blender 2.62 to import).

CMX-3DS converter
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG