The online racing simulator
Seeing all the problems,I'm getting more happy that it worked without any troubles for me!
Quote from Eclipsed :Seeing all the problems,I'm getting more happy that it worked without any troubles for me!

That goes for me and rosewood and the rest who got it to work too.
I got a bit skeptical first about this looking at those shots of what might happen, but thought I'd give it a spin.

Everything worked all fine to me, ran as admin just to make sure it would do it's stuff without any problems.

All I can say is how did this simple piece of software shorten my loading times by 5 seconds. (No excel tables or anything to prove this, but track loading is now instant compared to it waiting for a few large-ish textures to load for 10+ seconds)

Thanks man, I'll save that incase I am going to change textures later. Awesome work.
It seems to convert every file but in-game some of the textures are mixed up.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, DirectX is v11 if it does even matter.
Attached images
Converted.jpg
I guess we should provide more info here, so Daniel can try to find the problem.

Please provide information about your setup - OS, architecture (32 or 64 bits), video card, CPU...

My setup is: Windows 7 64bit, AMD R9 270, AMD Trinity 5600 (4 cores).
Oh look at me, forgot to check blackwood carpark when joining a friend on a random server I have seem to have few textures glitched out.

Everything confirmed as converted in the commandline, this is the only problem i've found.
http://s10.postimg.org/48p2g5mux/Untitled.jpg
Added a new version now!

vitaly_m, nikopdr and Jussi-Pekka confirmed that their problems dissapeared when using this version. I'd like to hear from Ebbu94 as well.

Quote from GT4_PL :Texture Converter is bad. I dont care speed loading hi textures. Can get SSD or SSHD is FASTER! than HDD.

I guess you have no idea whats this thread about
In most cases SSD wont help you at all to load textures faster. The reason for that is, CPU is bottlenecked while loading track rather than HDD. By using this program you remove that need for CPU time...
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Added a new version now!

vitaly_m, nikopdr and Jussi-Pekka confirmed that their problems dissapeared when using this version. I'd like to hear from Ebbu94 as well.

I wonder what the problem was, and how did you fix it
Quote from vitaly_m :I wonder what the problem was, and how did you fix it

To be honest I have no idea
It now uses box sampling, managed pool, mixed vertex processing, no multithreading and D3DXSaveTextureToFile now write to temporary file before overwriting in case it fails... We can test changes one by one if you'd like.
Lets just hope this version will work for everyone with no issues.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :...no multithreading and D3DXSaveTextureToFile now write to temporary file...

Somehow it runs faster than previously (7 seconds now vs 13 before).

My guess is that it could fail to work in threads, like if it was using some common buffer, I donnow. Does it use GPU in any way? Maybe GPU driver failed for me, it is AMD and it sucks in drivers side
Well it used D3DCREATE_MULTITHREADED, and there was no warnings/errors from dx. IDK
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :It now uses box sampling, managed pool, mixed vertex processing, no multithreading and D3DXSaveTextureToFile now write to temporary file before overwriting in case it fails...

I believe english is the only accepted language in this forum!
Sorry for the late reporting, yesterday was a very busy day for me

I tried V3 and I'm glad to say it worked flawlessly. Thank you and keep up the good work!
i love u Daniel!
Thanks, going from 15 seconds to less than one second to load Fern Bay with 4096px Revolution pack ! Thanks
This should be integrated in LFS and launched on start when textures changed.
Thanks, my AS dds now take <1 second rather than the previous 30 seconds
Quote from nacim :
This should be integrated in LFS and launched on start when textures changed.

Exactly my thoughts, LFS could easily detect formats while loading track and in case its wrong simply save in right format. Textures are already converted to right format in memory so that wouldn't noticeably extend loading first time...
This is amazing, increased my loading times from over 10 seconds, sometimes over 20 seconds down to under 5, Like said above, this should of been implemented into LFS.
Perfect! Loading times are back to normal (that is a few seconds) even with very high resolution textures. Thank you!
Works very well - South City track takes now only 1 - 2 seconds; instead of 20 or more.

Many thanks
Thanks for the inspiration, Daniel.

Texture speedup is now included in LFS (in Test Patch 0.6F7).

It's not an option, it will always do a speedup if it loads a file which could be improved, so it will be faster the next time.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=86202
Thank You very much

I'm so happy and proud right now

I have removed links as they are no longer needed.
In fact I'd like to mention that some formats were changed in 0.6F7, so my program will not produce optimal textures for 0.6F7 and after.
In particular, the ones named ATEST are now using DXT3 instead of DXT1.

Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the inspiration, Daniel.

Texture speedup is now included in LFS (in Test Patch 0.6F7).

It's not an option, it will always do a speedup if it loads a file which could be improved, so it will be faster the next time.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=86202

Just a little suggestion into that, make the full LFS installer already include the converted images so new users won't see this spam over and over

I had tried this program before and it boosted the loading like 10x or more! It's great to see this implemented by default.
Quote from Ripley :I haven't tried it yet, but judging from the posted figures, this ... should be part of next version vanilla LFS.

Congrats Daniel-CRO

Quote from DarkKostas :...make the full LFS installer already include the converted images so new users won't see this spam over and over...

You don't get to see this "over and over", but only the very first time you load a track.
Quote from Ripley :
Quote from Ripley :I haven't tried it yet, but judging from the posted figures, this ... should be part of next version vanilla LFS.

Congrats Daniel-CRO

Quote from DarkKostas :...make the full LFS installer already include the converted images so new users won't see this spam over and over...

You don't get to see this "over and over", but only the very first time you load a track.

The final version will not display the message.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG