The online racing simulator
Connecting an application to LFS
(5 posts, started )
hello everyone
i want to create an application with C#, and connects to the game in the same way the strobe does
what i mean is that when you connect an insim to a host, you need ip address and admin pass and port. but when you open the strobe, you don't need to do all that and you can just use it without those data
so what i want is .. how can i do that? (without the ip address and admin pass and port)

Thank you in advance
LFS Strobe is done using simulated key presses. but it also takes in to consideration when you go to type(at least the versions I used).
#3 - Tommy
Strobe is just a key emulator, the "secret" about not showing characters in chat is that with each keypress a second "backspace" keypress is send - its done quickly that you just dont see it.
Connecting to LFS is a bit pain, but you just need to get used to it. To automate it a bit, your program would need to change the lfs config and/or read current config and use values from there. It could even open up chat window and do the /insim:<port> for the user once it detects the lfs game window. People don't do it because it is a lot of work for a developer to take every possibility into account
so i could use something like a timer with a very small number as the interval, and in each timer tick the program sends the keys and then backspace

is that what you mean?
#5 - Tommy
If you want to achieve something similar then the anwser is yes in general.

OT: Timer is old CLR functionality - you better use something else, for example a separate thread with sleep ~17ms and then send backspace in it:

(C#)
new Action(() =>
{
Thread.Sleep(17);
//send backspace here
}).BeginInvoke();

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG