The online racing simulator
LFS Companion (Alpha)
(387 posts, closed, started )
Maybe you can attach the updatem, Becky
I can hardly wait to have it
Spotter will keep reporting 'attempting to connect' until you fire up LFS, then the messages that spotter is sending gets replied too and you'll see an "STA" message in the spotter window.

Is the outbound relay appearing on the relay list within LFS Companion? That means spotter<>companion is setup correctly.

And just to be sure, the companion mod is working with LFS without pit spotter right?
Quote :Maybe you can attach the updatem, Becky

I'm at work, the server should be up well before I get home. I've had a few server problems recently, apparently it got infected by a worm, but I am actually started to get a bit frustrated with it now.
Spotter starts up correctly now,but doesnt appear in hte relay list....Companion works alone,but whats really confusing is,when i activate the relay,but no other mod,it doesnt work anymore.So it just doesnt seem to like the relay,for unknown reasons
It sounds like a port conflict, are you aware that I changed the insim port Companion uses for this release to 49999? I must admit I can't see how it would be working on 29999 anyway (when pit spotter isn't active) so I think you must be.

Do you have any outguage apps to try (maybe the backfire mod by disabling backfires in companion) so you can be sure the relays are working at all, I can foresee a potential problem to do with streams and an unassigned floating stream (it's supposed to goto a spare port and isn't actually used - but must exist, maybe I should specify the port).

Also check you have the latest version of pit spotter, when I get home I will confirm what version I tested it with.
i got the latest version,i think,but im not too sure.....ill get backfire mod and try if it works,after lunch^^
I have a lil Problem.
Your Tool always change this in my cfg-txt:
OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 1
into:
OutGauge Mode 0
OutGauge Delay 30

OutGauge Mode 0 mean something like disabled, or not send data.
I preffer 1, for send data in Race.
2 would be for data in Race and Replay.
And for the delay, i preffer 1, cause some tools show the RPM, and it looks smoother with lower delay settings.

Can you do something on that?

Everything else looks great.
Quote :OutGauge Mode 0

It's LFS that is resetting Outguage to 0, but it's not important that this is happening (The reason it is doing this is because Companion is getting the outguage data through insim and then relaying it to other applications as if it was outguage data - LFS therefor turns outguage off).

The relay is always active (although can be manually disabled in Companion) so it sends data regardless of race or replay, as outguage mods do not send initialisation packets I cannot detect what settings you want, and at the moment companion itself makes no distinction between replay or race mode and as it needs the outguage data constantly (for other things) it therefore always relays this information.

Quote :OutGauge Delay 30

This is the outguage frequency used by the various outguage elements of the companion mod but I see no harm in adding a relay frequency to the relay configuration.

I've added these items to the to do list:
Allow customisation of the outguage relay frequency
Auto detect the relay frequency requested by relayed insim applications rather than force companions frequency rate upon them
The Banshee server is backup so the download is working again.
Ah ok,
so i´m forced to use the Companion if i don´t wanna edit the cfg by hand everytime after i used the Companion
It will be no problem, as soon as it saves the relay-settings.

But 1 lil thing i still have.
The space to klick the buttons are a lil bit small.
At some of them, i need to klick several times before i hit it, and i can change settings.
sorry, can´t explain it better.
If you don´t know what i mean, i make a pic for you
The menu selection buttons or the menu item text buttons? I can make the selection area larger.
great tool becky, had no time to test v2 until now but already saw the potential in v1

keep on the good work

btw i made a mirror with v1+2 on rapidshare so your banshee host can breath a bit ^^
http://rapidshare.de/files/28145617/LFS-Companion.zip
(maybe you can add it on the mainpage)

greetz
Just reading some other mod threads, I see there is demand for a cop siren type thing but the mods out there are just stuck on permanently. If it's not treading on toes then when I put in the keyboard hooks to control the radio mod i'll put in a keyboard hook to control the horn & lights too.
Ok, I've done 30 loops by now and it seems, that I'm not able to do an Estonian version, because my <censored> microphone is only for skype calls.
seems that you just love to work,eh^^No,i think thats a good idea,keep it up
Quote :Ok, I've done 30 loops by now and it seems, that I'm not able to do an Estonian version, because my <censored> microphone is only for skype calls.

That's a shame as I know there's quite a lot of Estonian drivers around in LFS who would have appreciated it .
Quote from Becky Rose :The Banshee server is backup so the download is working again.

Sorry, but it's still not working for me. Tried with Opera and Firefox, no luck yet. But I can wait, just saying it doesn't work atm.
Quote from Becky Rose :That's a shame as I know there's quite a lot of Estonian drivers around in LFS who would have appreciated it .

Before we all get too gung-ho on new voice packs, are there going to be more sounds added to the program? You mentioned additional trigger sounds in an earlier post.
Banshee Server: Down again It will be a while, but a new mirror will be online when I get home in about 30-60 mins.

Indicator tick: Yes sure why not, i'm not sure yet if I can make it sync with the actual flashing though - it depends on what the outguage data does. It's a low priority though, when I do the environmental sounds i'll probably look at this.

Re new sounds: Yes there will be new sounds and triggers, but it wont break a voice pack if there are missing sounds. I will clearly state when new sounds have been added and what they do.
Thank you !!
I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for this great mod!

And one question: Do you plan to implant the crowd sounds also for the drag strip? That would be awesome! Would kick ass when they start screaming louder if you make a donut or burnout after the race. Dont know if thats possible.
Quote from Becky Rose :That's a shame as I know there's quite a lot of Estonian drivers around in LFS who would have appreciated it .

Well, I need to get these guys, who would appreciate it to buy me a new sound card and microphone, then . Well... you talked me into it.
Indicator tick would be cool. To sync it up with the flashing, all you need to know is the time interval for the light? Then just loop a sample thats the same length.
Quote :And one question: Do you plan to implant the crowd sounds also for the drag strip? That would be awesome! Would kick ass when they start screaming louder if you make a donut or burnout after the race. Dont know if thats possible.

i might be wrong, but looking at his idea above, lfs lapper gives a score when you drift, mibi, the crowd could cheer louder or harder when you do a good drift. just a thought. personnally i dont like drifting but it could mibi appeal to people who do liike it. i dunno.
Quote from Becky Rose :Re new sounds: Yes there will be new sounds and triggers, but it wont break a voice pack if there are missing sounds. I will clearly state when new sounds have been added and what they do.

I'm not worried about the new sounds breaking the old packs. I just thought that it wouldn't make much sense to make a voice pack, then have a bunch of new sounds added (that wouldn't be in the old pack) a few weeks later. So, if you know what is going to be added already, it would be good to know before anyone starts making a voice pack.
This thread is closed

LFS Companion (Alpha)
(387 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG