The online racing simulator
My theory of what happened to LFS...
(221 posts, closed, started )
Quote from McGherkin :I hate to say it but I think they lost Rockingham a long time ago when the V1 championship pulled away from LFS. I suspect they may have taken the rights to model Rockingham with them.

As for the Scirocco, I don't really know. If I remember correctly the Scirocco was modelled for some sort of launch event? It wouldn't surprise me greatly if this permission was removed too, and therefore if they have been working on LFS they've possibly been working on different content.

I still want LFS to be updated, I genuinely love the simulator and any improvement is a bonus IMO. But there's been no word on these two things which were almost completed (well, apart from tyre physics but that doesn't affect Rockingham) for a LONG time, and it's quite concerning.

Good thing contracts prevent an entity from just removing rights on a whim, and I'm pretty sure Scawen would put clauses in the contract, knowing how LFS is developed.
Quote from Specht77 :
lol the summer lasts for 6 years there?

It is plausible that summer has not even started in Britain in those 6 years
New Theory...... Scawen, Victor and Eric can't agree upon the future of LFS halting all major updates and progress?
Someone call MTV, they'd make a great reality show about it.
(And some inside jokes)

Quotes from the series:
"I did not use drugs! What? Weed counts?"
"Ya'll mother****ers need to calm down, bitches ain't building Rome in a day!"
"That's it, them ****nuggets and imbreeds ain't worth it, to the bicycle!"
"Ah **** it! You broke it again!? How come that every god damn time we assemble to create the annually webside update about things we almost did everything goes to shit?"
"Why the **** did BoB Smith reverse TVE's ban? Hey! Find Bob's number!" (insert 24-ticking music here)
Tsts....
Kunos work 4 years on assetto corsa (12 dev)
Lfs has 3 devs ....... Calculate yourself

Lfs is nearly Perfect, i can wait 10 years for "pure perfektion"
Quote from Xenix74 :Tsts....
Kunos work 4 years on assetto corsa (12 dev)
Lfs has 3 devs ....... Calculate yourself

Lfs is nearly Perfect, i can wait 10 years for "pure perfektion"

There is no such thing as pure perfection, it's a computer game. It never was or will be the real deal.

And the strife for pure perfection in terms of it's physics is also the reason why it died. While physics is a great deal (the biggest) part of a driving sim, it alone canot carry the weight of time.
Quote from The Very End :There is no such thing as pure perfection, it's a computer game. It never was or will be the real deal.

And the strife for pure perfection in terms of it's physics is also the reason why it died. While physics is a great deal (the biggest) part of a driving sim, it alone canot carry the weight of time.

So would you prefer the iRacing strategy of release shitty physics and half-assed content every 30 minutes?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So would you prefer the iRacing strategy of release shitty physics and half-assed content every 30 minutes?

So would you prefer that no simulator ever release anything until the tyre model is a 99.999999% accurate model of reality?

Objection, your honour, leading the witness.
Sustained!

Always so abrasive with the iRacing stuff Dustin
Quote from sinbad :So would you prefer that no simulator ever release anything until the tyre model is a 99.999999% accurate model of reality?

Objection, your honour, leading the witness.
Sustained!

Well, things don't need to be 100% perfect, but the iRacing method of spraying shit on the wall and hoping that it won't still be shit isn't better.
Quote from sinbad :

Well , I must say , I've tested iRacing recently. It's a good game however it's not worth for the money you have to spend on it.

My honest opinion.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So would you prefer the iRacing strategy of release shitty physics and half-assed content every 30 minutes?

Heyheyheyheyheyheyhey
I did not mention Iracing, and I have not played it since last year either, so don't accuse me of beeing a fanboy of it

And actually, yes I agree to subsription fees like online games have. Sure, it costs more, but there are progress every week. At least for a spoiled **** like me I prefer to pay to get an updated game
Quote from edge3147 :New Theory...... Scawen, Victor and Eric can't agree upon the future of LFS halting all major updates and progress?

new theory update 1
rumor have it the update was ready and because with it lfs would dominate the world they ship it with malaysian airlines
usa found out and send a f22 to shot it down
(how im going with this?)
Quote from The Very End :Heyheyheyheyheyheyhey
I did not mention Iracing, and I have not played it since last year either, so don't accuse me of beeing a fanboy of it

And actually, yes I agree to subsription fees like online games have. Sure, it costs more, but there are progress every week. At least for a spoiled **** like me I prefer to pay to get an updated game

problem is does the money you invest reflects in the original mission of the game?
because iracing is way off to be called "simulator"
Quote from The Very End :Heyheyheyheyheyheyhey

If a game gets updated frequently but makes it worse, is it truly an update?

That's what I feel has happened to iRacing. The physics used to be passable a long time ago, but each update has made them worse.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :If a game gets updated frequently but makes it worse, is it truly an update?

That's what I feel has happened to iRacing. The physics used to be passable a long time ago, but each update has made them worse.

It is I'm not sure how the physics developed over the years for that game, but it's progress even if it feels like it's going in the wrong direction.

But Iracing's model is expensive, I think AC is a better one, where you ultimately have to pay for DLCs. I'm not a big fan of DLCs, but I can accept it.

And some people above in this thread pointed out that AC has 12 developers while LFS has 3, that might be true, but still 3 developers can create a lot. It might be slower, but it will not mean the project is stopping like it does in LFS atm. We can only hope that Eric has been graphically updated the whole game and added a bounch of cars and tracks by the time the tyre physics comes out. IF they ever comes out that is.
Quote from Chriship :How can this be usefull on this thread? Stop posting crap here, if you dont have anything to say, move on or just get out.

Thank you

Excuse me, but this thread is useless itself
so about the topic:

What if Scawen, Eric & Victor never argued upon the future of LFS?
What if Eric has tons of content waiting in the pipe for the tire physic release.
What if the devs haven't been abducted and then cloned by aliens to slow down the development?

.. and more importantly: What if the devs were so deceived by the incessant complains/bashing about the delays on this forum, in a countless amount of negative threads, that they decided to keep it shut until they release the whole of it, simply.
Skytrill- I am finding it hard to determine which of those scenarios is more implausible.

More importantly- I think the developers are past the age for moody hissy fits (even if they ever had them)...as the saying goes "like water off a duck's back".

What they need to get is- http://www.woodbowl.com/images ... cts/detail/rooundtuit.jpg
-
(diego9972) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam
but as far as we know lfs is still in development right? (yeah its 7 months old news but still IS NEWS) and ok as much as i wanted to see some screenshots of those tracks just to make a hype i respect their decision not to

i mean if they are taking so long i think that its not only the desing but i think we will see some updated graphics as well(i hope not too much since lfs is still popular because of the simple graphics as well) and i hope some day/night system (this is like that i personally want the most because its like racing on the moon all the time sun and sun and sun and sun :razz
Quote from giannhsgr1 :but as far as we know lfs is still in development right? (yeah its 7 months old news but still IS NEWS) and ok as much as i wanted to see some screenshots of those tracks just to make a hype i respect their decision not to

i mean if they are taking so long i think that its not only the desing but i think we will see some updated graphics as well(i hope not too much since lfs is still popular because of the simple graphics as well) and i hope some day/night system (this is like that i personally want the most because its like racing on the moon all the time sun and sun and sun and sun :razz

oh dear, you will be disapointed. scawen already has trouble going from dx8 to dx9
Quote from eclipsed :what's the big deal about updates? Does it automatically make lfs much more better hobby if it had a recent update? It's one of the best sims out there (in few categories even unbeaten),but it's still not good? In that case it will never be good enough for their high standarts,why these people still hang around here?

it wouldn't be as boring.
Quote from Bmxtwins :it wouldn't be as boring.

Again, having rapid updates with progressively worse physics would be better than few updates with stable physics?

Your logic is failing.
This thread is closed

My theory of what happened to LFS...
(221 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG