The online racing simulator
My theory of what happened to LFS...
(221 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Kristi :I can fire up my GTR2 and/or LFS any night and jump into a balanced grid of 30 cars? I think I didn't experience that in LFS for years now, not even in league races.

Hm, I experience similiar in LFS quite often. For example just this weekend: (friday-monday)

Each race ~45 minutes except formula race which was longer. (and fewer cars, but so has real life F1)
Okay, you wrote "any night" and true, it is not that:
But who really can do a race "any night", without any practice or break inbetween?
On weekends or some other other days is enough for me.
http://abload.de/img/blaank61.jpg
http://abload.de/img/blas6jr8.jpg

Also needs some nights of not racing, just reading and posting nonsense on forum

But is always good racing: Not crashkids, no divebombing, clean racing,..
It has been like this for some time now, and I only regret one thing:
That I did not do it earlier. And reason why I hesitated so long was because I saw threads like this and actually believed the posts.
But now that I look bit closer...posts like these make no sense to me:
Quote from kruGeR :No money no update no update no players. I prefere paying for a full service instead paying 40$ for a game that has only couple years of life and will die like LFS.

Registered 2003, last online 2013, wants "more updates" but yet lfsworld stats look like this:

Not everybody has billions of miles driven...ok..but..look at the picture?
And it is not like other combos have more laps, not even the "popular ones": GTR at Aston or the combos that are on rotation on cargame server or something. Or even XRG or FBM on Blackwood?

That is hard to understand when one has just done some nice race, goes to forum and sees strange baw-baw-baw like above. Not comprehensible to me, at all. Not sure what people are doing wrong.

Maybe that is helpful:
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/League_Racing_Guide
The weird thing is leagues are working all against me, I mean it. When I was busy all week and only had the weekend to do some action, all of the leagues within my interest were during the week, now that I'd rather race on weekdays everyone moved their leagues to the weekends (see STD league). I was especially not fond of leagues that are taking up the whole weekend for just one event. I'm missing the old OWRL that's for sure, but my initial reaction was the lack of CTRA. And that is what I call all day/night racing experience within LFS. You really could jump in at any point of the day and have cleanish grids of 20. That is a lot more to miss. I already am ashamed of myself for throwing away my Single Seater skills just because all of the leagues ran GTRs and their restricted versions.
Quote from Gutholz :Registered 2003, last online 2013, wants "more updates" but yet lfsworld stats look like this:

Not everybody has billions of miles driven...ok..but..look at the picture?

Hahaha, yes! Great point. Love these guys who are complaining and yet they have done 5 laps per combo in 10 years.
Then again, they might have reseted their statestics or done billions of miles before the reset of the stats in 2008. I am so damn borred by the retarded veiw that you have to have done at least 1 million km's to be able to complain on this forum.
Quote from The Very End :Then again, they might have reseted their statestics or done billions of miles before the reset of the stats in 2008. I am so damn borred by the retarded veiw that you have to have done at least 1 million km's to be able to complain on this forum.

+1 LFS situation is very clear from outside, even if someone had never touched lfs in his life.
Quote from The Very End :Then again, they might have reseted their statestics or done billions of miles before the reset of the stats in 2008. I am so damn borred by the retarded veiw that you have to have done at least 1 million km's to be able to complain on this forum.

No, sorry but that is just excuses from people who have never really played anyway.

No stats reset:

Even if the stats were reseted: that was so many years ago.
From 2008 to today could only do some dozen laps because "no servers, no players"?
Not even with XRG or FBM on Blackwood?
It is not about a "million km's" or thousands or even only hundreds - it is literally handful of laps. Like 5 laps in many years.

Quote from lfsrm :+1 LFS situation is very clear from outside, even if someone had never touched lfs in his life.

I think that is just prejudices.
You too could have joined these races but instead, at the same time, you were instead online at "FRANCE PRO CRASH" doing 2 laps races with 3 cars
Can be pastime too, but no need to act as if that is everything.
LFS situation is what you make of it.
Maybe they haven't played BECAUSE they want updates?
Quote from Gutholz :No, sorry but that is just excuses from people who have never really played anyway.

No stats reset:

Even if the stats were reseted: that was so many years ago.
From 2008 to today could only do some dozen laps because "no servers, no players"?
Not even with XRG or FBM on Blackwood?
It is not about a "million km's" or thousands or even only hundreds - it is literally handful of laps. Like 5 laps in many years.

I think that is just prejudices.
You too could have joined these races but instead, at the same time, you were instead online at "FRANCE PRO CRASH" doing 2 laps races with 3 cars
Can be pastime too, but no need to act as if that is everything.
LFS situation is what you make of it.

and from my rallying in france pro crash yesterday you make a deduction from my all past lfs experience ?

you need to understand that some people have a favorite track/cars combo, no need to play 10 lap on each combo to understand what is lfs situation, and its simple :

some personnes are bored to waiting for a major update each years, and its their right to be unhappy, but the most annoying things that make forum/lfs like what you see is the troll/elitiste responses from some guys like you, who are making even more prejudice to lfs community, and ofc the lack of admin action to delete those whining/troll/elitiste comment/thread from this forum.
What's the big deal about updates? Does it automatically make LFS much more better hobby if it had a recent update? It's one of the best sims out there (in few categories even unbeaten),but it's still not good? In that case it will never be good enough for their high standarts,why these people still hang around here?
You know LFS had updates with language packs in the recent years, that nobody really seeked. You are messing up updates with content. People want content of which Assetto Corsa had more of in the lifespawn of 2 months than LFS had in 10 years and don't come with the hundreds of comboes this game has because that's bullshit. Most of them don't make sense and th rest is not used. Leagues and public races are using the same boring stuff for years with nothing unique but well, most of the tracks from the same location are nearly equal, just look at Aston. I just had enough racing the same cars on nearly the same tracks for more than 10 years now including my demo part. It's too late now though, 1 car and 1 track won't change the world. It's something you have to do regularly to be effective. I don't want to go personal now, like most of you did.
Quote from Eclipsed :What's the big deal about updates? Does it automatically make LFS much more better hobby if it had a recent update? It's one of the best sims out there (in few categories even unbeaten),but it's still not good? In that case it will never be good enough for their high standarts,why these people still hang around here?

whiner still and will be on all modern games and we can't do anything about that, but the big problem is the troll/mock/elitist responses that will start a flame war on every thread, you can't blame only whiner about this situation.....
While anyone is entitled to there opinion regardless of miles driven ect id reckon that someone with very few laps would most likely be the type of person who would moan regardless of the current situation
Quote from bishtop :While anyone is entitled to there opinion regardless of miles driven ect id reckon that someone with very few laps would most likely be the type of person who would moan regardless of the current situation

no need 1 million of laps to understand à very simple situation , this is just an argument to allow some troll/useless comments/responses.
Quote from posts like these make no sense to me:
Registered 2003, last online 2013, wants "
:

And it is not like other combos have more laps, not even the "popular ones": GTR at Aston or the combos that are on rotation on cargame server or something. Or even XRG or FBM on Blackwood?

That is hard to understand when one has just done some nice race, goes to forum and sees strange baw-baw-baw like above. Not comprehensible to me, at all. Not sure what people are doing wrong.

Maybe that is helpful:
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/League_Racing_Guide

Maybe I dont put anymore time on this sim cause it's not good as it was before ! Whats the point to play something that is not good as other sim ?! I am waiting S3 for years and I just dont see the point to play it anymore. I just hope they will bring S3 cause I really did enjoy LFS but thats was a LONG time ago!!! Its sad that they dont give us news or any word about the futur at least to keep the game alive. But from my point of view it's the biggest problem.
That doesn't make sense. How can something that's static be not as good as it was before? It hasn't changed, thus it's equally as good as it was before.

Others have (debatably, as I disagree that any truly have) made strides to potentially place themselves to be better than LFS, but LFS hasn't gotten worse, it's still as good as it was 5 years ago.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That doesn't make sense. How can something that's static be not as good as it was before? It hasn't changed, thus it's equally as good as it was before.

Others have (debatably, as I disagree that any truly have) made stride to potentially place themselves to be better than LFS, but LFS hasn't gotten worse, it's still as good as it was 5 years ago.

It is true I misspoke. What I wanted to say is that the sim no longer competes with the sim of today and it lacks many as graphic notion that details in the physic. There was 10yrs LFS for me and many other people it was the reference in simulation but today it is no longer the case at all. and you can not deny
Quote from lfsrm :no need 1 million of laps to understand à very simple situation , this is just an argument to allow some troll/useless comments/responses.

anyone is entitled to their opinion but at least if it shown they had given the current content some use then it would add weight to their statement regarding the s3 update
Quote from kruGeR :Maybe I dont put anymore time on this sim cause it's not good as it was before ! Whats the point to play something that is not good as other sim ?! I am waiting S3 for years and I just dont see the point to play it anymore. I just hope they will bring S3 cause I really did enjoy LFS but thats was a LONG time ago!!! Its sad that they dont give us news or any word about the futur at least to keep the game alive. But from my point of view it's the biggest problem.

Since 2005 onwards you used lfs a handful of times per year, So with s3 being due a few years later im sure that s3 is not the the initial reason you stopped playing but them stats would not included offline usage
in my opinion most of the frustration amongst the players come from the fact that there are indeed two cars and one track that has been finished, but didn´t get released due to reasons that are hard to understand.

the lx8 and the vws are finished and driveable and the reasons to not release them ("undriveable / hard to control" in the case of the lx8 and "not close enough to reality" in the case of the vws) are understandable from the perfectionism viewpoint of the devs, but are hard to understand for the people. even more so because if the lx8 is "hard to drive" and was even more so with s1 physics, that is no real reason not to release it, because some players like that challenge.

also the rockingham circuit is finished and as i know still playable on rigs at the actual real rockingham race circuit.

so the people are most frustrated that they got these things shown in the past and yet not got them released for the time it takes to finish the new physics, as we need to learn to drive anyways when the new physics are released.

another point is the long promised new interiors for the gtr class cars, at least those should be done long ago and be released.
so if that old promises were not fullfilled until this day it is quite understandable that many players have lost the faith in the devs.

but now scavier have surfaced from the dead once again and said that they are back on the development track after a period of absence. that should give us some hope that at least some new things will come to the surface and be released.

another little track that can be finished with not so much work is the "industrial area" in south city which should also give us some new combos and corners to drive.

so keep the hope alive and bring some more positive momentum back to this community as it is a circular feedback system - you know because of too much negative comments scavier decided not to announce anything and new players are just reading negative comments on this forum and then maybe play another game without knowing what they will be missing.

it is still hard to understand that the devs do not want any help whatsoever even if there are some really talented people out there that would love to contribute to the universe of lfs to make it not only the "best" driving simulator, but also the one that covers the biggest variety of cars and tracks that all are at a very high quality. so not just opening lfs for mods as this would open the door for inferior quality, but some kind of moderated process maybe with the help of this forum, to do first quality checks and preselection. and then pass the best cars and tracks on to scavier to finish and implement into lfs. i also don´t like subscription based business models, but a modular approach would be a good idea for lfs as well.
maybe in the future it will be possible to drive anywhere with tracks rendered on the fly based on open streetmaps and streetview?

because the ultimate driving simulator spanning all classes of vehicles and their racing tracks is what scaviers vision was in the first place. and i still want that vision to become real, because there is nothing compareable out there and it is sad to see some of that potential wasted.

peace, mo
Quote from bishtop :Since 2005 onwards you used lfs a handful of times per year, So with s3 being due a few years later im sure that s3 is not the the initial reason you stopped playing but them stats would not included offline usage

As I said before we can have better sim LFS phisic and graphic are not in the game stock with the same cars same track its boring I played so much LFS i'm just bored of it. And yes s3 is one of the reason
Quote from bishtop :While anyone is entitled to there opinion regardless of miles driven ect id reckon that someone with very few laps would most likely be the type of person who would moan regardless of the current situation

Quote from lfsrm :no need 1 million of laps to understand à very simple situation , this is just an argument to allow some troll/useless comments/responses.

I totally agree with Bishtop.

Lfsrm- The situation may seem simple to you but clearly other people do not agree, different people have different wants/needs/opinions.
If you view my statistics you can see I have a handful of races compared to distance traveled, basically I raced myself. I grew bored of knowing every pixel on every corner the game had to offer (yes, exaggeration). If today was my first LFS day then I would still spend a similar amount of time playing it because it is "very good".

"Very good" will of course depend on "your" opinion. Taking opinion to the extreme then if you want neons/nitrous/etc. LFS is not the game for "you".

Quote from tristancliffe :Maybe they haven't played BECAUSE they want updates?

Yes....but there are those that will always be wanting updates and will never be satisfied.
Exactly the same as every game forum you care to mention.
If my stats said I had joined yesterday and completed 10 laps and came asking for new cars/tracks would you have the same opinion?
Quote from kruGeR :As I said before we can have better sim LFS phisic and graphic are not in the game stock with the same cars same track its boring I played so much LFS i'm just bored of it. And yes s3 is one of the reason

im not one to pick at peoples post so sorry for my questioning and thankyou for answering
I admit that every now and then i start to get bored but even though ive managed to drive 95680 laps since 2010 i personally have not even begun to drive some combos yet so there is plenty more for me to try and i actually think that my "boredom is because im beguinning to watch people that used to be much slower continue to improve greater than me which can knock ones interest a little but that will change and in the mean time there is more than enough for me to learn, i guess it wouldnt bew took far in the distant future after ive driven the many different combos will be the time that i may start to lose faith and willpower to continue
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That doesn't make sense. How can something that's static be not as good as it was before? It hasn't changed, thus it's equally as good as it was before.

Others have (debatably, as I disagree that any truly have) made strides to potentially place themselves to be better than LFS, but LFS hasn't gotten worse, it's still as good as it was 5 years ago.

+1 totally agree, good statement/comment
If this is true. then some things concern me. if you want ppl to subscribe on a month to month basis, you have to be showing and rolling out improvements ! Which has been a huge problem for LFS.

Its the reason I no longer play the game. It has already the best simulator engine by far, but the game is far too old, and lack of development and laziness has made me grow tired of it.

going on a subscription basis is fine as I said, updates need to start rolling out.
And it can NOT go the Iracing route, where its a monthly sub and then you have to buy every car and track separate. the cars and tracks should be free, as long as you pay the monthly fee. I racing is just taking the Piss with its u pay a month fee then you have to buy everything else. I really hate that model, and I hate DLC even more!
Quote from seinfeld :If this is true. then some things concern me. if you want ppl to subscribe on a month to month basis, you have to be showing and rolling out improvements ! Which has been a huge problem for LFS.

Its the reason I no longer play the game. It has already the best simulator engine by far, but the game is far too old, and lack of development and laziness has made me grow tired of it.

going on a subscription basis is fine as I said, updates need to start rolling out.
And it can NOT go the Iracing route, where its a monthly sub and then you have to buy every car and track separate. the cars and tracks should be free, as long as you pay the monthly fee. I racing is just taking the Piss with its u pay a month fee then you have to buy everything else. I really hate that model, and I hate DLC even more!

Yeah it wouldnt be so bad if it was a set amount for monthly sub and no other cost incurred for the other content.
This thread is closed

My theory of what happened to LFS...
(221 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG