The online racing simulator
I'll definitely take part if I have the time, which I should have.
I'm going to take part too, only thing I need is free time.
I would participate depending on the scheduling.
Going to take part too
Considering the fact that FO8 is quite a beast for me, I'm waiting to see the tracks we're supposed to race on to confirm or not my participation.
I'm going to take part.
Quote from dekojester :I only see around 10 responses here so far, which is insufficient. The minimum already included in the NDR sporting code would make 8 the minimum, and with 10 being only just above that, it's not worth trying to run the series - yet. If you're reading this thread and want to do LFSCART, TELL US! We NEED to know the interest!

Kyoto 500 will be removed from the schedule because yes, it is random and the conversion rate between series entrants to it and then 500 entrants to LFSCART is pathetic. Too many variables introduced in the 500 with people who won't do the rest of the series.

The AU1X_Kilimanjaro layout used in 2012 would more than likely be the one used this season, if the season is run.

Deko keep in mind that only handful of people, who could actually race, will read this thread and reply in time. I think there still will be decent base of drivers for this series to be ran, though it won't be as good as last year(s). I'd say give it a go and if there isn't decent number of signups, then take action. I would like to race, if circumstances allow, so for me it would be sad to see this series go.
We can either do Saturdays or Sundays, depending on preferences.

Tracks I'm considering at this time (Not necessarily in this order): BL1, AS7, FE3, SO4R, KY1R, AU1_Kilimanjaro, WE1

Races would be the minimum number of laps to exceed a 250 km race distance as last year; except the AU1 round would be a TBD number of laps.
Quote from dekojester :We can either do Saturdays or Sundays, depending on preferences.

Tracks I'm considering at this time (Not necessarily in this order): BL1, AS7, FE3, SO4R, KY1R, AU1_Kilimanjaro, WE1

Races would be the minimum number of laps to exceed a 250 km race distance as last year; except the AU1 round would be a TBD number of laps.

Why again BL1? Why the hell not for once BL1R? Much better track IMO.
Maybe WE1R? Maybe some new Aston for once, like 4/5?
Quote from Iginla :Why again BL1? Why the hell not for once BL1R? Much better track IMO.

BL1R is fun. I did like SO5 last year, the hairpin was pretty challenging to get right without raping your tyres which was fun.
Quote from Iginla :Why again BL1? Why the hell not for once BL1R? Much better track IMO.

I agree about WE1 and BL1 -- both was in the schedule last year.
There is also Blackwood historic reverse option (without chikane) - very challenging bumpy braking line.

AS7 was in 2011, so it is okay for me.
Quote from dekojester :Tracks I'm considering at this time (Not necessarily in this order): BL1, AS7, FE3, SO4R, KY1R, AU1_Kilimanjaro, WE1

Less open configs, more chances of doin this event. At the moment it seems like I'm going to participate.
Quote from vitaly_m :
There is also Blackwood historic reverse option (without chikane) - very challenging bumpy braking line.

hell yes, that track is even awesomer
Count me in, would much prefer the races to be on a sunday, as thats when i have most of my free time.

I would also prefer BL1r and AS7r
I would prefer Sunday, as long as you avoid:
5/25
6/1
6/8
6/15
6/22

That is when we, and quite a few other LFS drivers (about 20 in the league) are running in a GT3 league on iRacing. Hell - even deko has been in the sessions.

So, maybe Saturday would be a good option instead. Otherwise, I and a few of my teammates would be in a pickle.
Season won't start until after June at this rate byway because Kyoto 500 and lack of dates that don't conflict with my going to IMS in early June for some vintage car racing. Plus some temporary uncertainty with my job while I wait to see if I go full time and what schedule type I'd get. Track stuff at the weekend when I get back from IMS
interested,
and i think th ky500 was always the highlight
so it should be the highlight again
but thats just my opinion
Quote from dekojester :Season won't start until after June at this rate byway because Kyoto 500 and lack of dates that don't conflict with my going to IMS in early June for some vintage car racing. Plus some temporary uncertainty with my job while I wait to see if I go full time and what schedule type I'd get. Track stuff at the weekend when I get back from IMS

You can always open the season with the 500
Quote from Mustangman759 :You can always open the season with the 500

I say again...

Quote from dekojester :Kyoto 500 will be removed from the schedule because yes, it is random and the conversion rate between series entrants to it and then 500 entrants to LFSCART is pathetic. Too many variables introduced in the 500 with people who won't do the rest of the series.

Or... have the 500 as part of series, but have a separate LFSCART classification and award normal points just for those.

Say two non-entrants finish in the first two places, then a LFSCART entry finishes third. Give him 1st place points.

Not that I'm in favour of oval. I recall the last time I did LFSCART (08 maybe) the driving standards on ovals were appalling. Actually, not the driving standards, but the unbelievable arrogance of oval "experts" - one of whom ran me off the track because apparently I wasn't allowed to overtake two cars in one go.
Depending on the times of the races I may be interested in competition, but I'd need to put substantial time into practicing for each round (then obviously the event times free).

Quote from Storm_Cloud :Not that I'm in favour of oval. I recall the last time I did LFSCART (08 maybe) the driving standards on ovals were appalling. Actually, not the driving standards, but the unbelievable arrogance of oval "experts" - one of whom ran me off the track because apparently I wasn't allowed to overtake two cars in one go.

Often times oval experts expect everybody to follow the "rules" of LFS oval racing, which read more like a manual on how to draft quickly. (No passing on the outside, don't attempt overtake unless you can complete the pass off of the corner, ect.) Fact is that these won't happen, and they don't have to. They often disobey the true rules of racing (running into people, ect.), because they feel as though they are not being driven against fairly and out of aggravation that they are being slowed down, which I find rather disappointing.

Also, they cannot truly be penalized due to their driving. They are not invested in the series, and many of them are not invested in any aspect of NDR either other than the oval events. Any penalties levied against them are practically a waste.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Or... have the 500 as part of series, but have a separate LFSCART classification and award normal points just for those.

Say two non-entrants finish in the first two places, then a LFSCART entry finishes third. Give him 1st place points.

Not that I'm in favour of oval. I recall the last time I did LFSCART (08 maybe) the driving standards on ovals were appalling. Actually, not the driving standards, but the unbelievable arrogance of oval "experts" - one of whom ran me off the track because apparently I wasn't allowed to overtake two cars in one go.

Oval Experts in LFS don't know what real physics are for drafting or oval racing in general. They think you have to be fast or you are not racing, regardless if you want to get by and have the line.
I would love to do some fresh league racing (it's been a long time) but I would enjoy a Kyoto oval throwback even if it was a standalone event. Anyone remember the FM Oval servers? Those were the days....I wonder what the ban list at that place looked like before it was shut down. They gave one chance to everyone not to crash and you were gone after that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG