The online racing simulator
LFS Companion (Alpha)
(387 posts, closed, started )
Right click your LFS launch shortcut and goto properties then add the /insim=49999 to the Target field as shown in the picture attached.
Attached images
insimSetup.jpg
#77 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :Right click your LFS launch shortcut and goto properties then add the /insim=49999 to the Target field as shown in the picture attached.

doesnt work because the folder name has a space, which i will need to fix, also, can i add this to a .bat file? i do it so that it launches all my LFS stuff at the same time (i tried /imsim 4999, but it didnt work!)

EDIT - it works when i type insim, but i havent tried it with momoleds etc
if you type /insim=49999 you no longer have a space and LFS still accepts it That works for a batch file too.

I will add an autolaunch feature (the button is already there) I just havn't got to it yet.
Quote :I hate it when the first post doesn't contain enough information to determine what it's there for.

give her a break man.
#80 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :if you type /insim=49999 you no longer have a space and LFS still accepts it That works for a batch file too.

I will add an autolaunch feature (the button is already there) I just havn't got to it yet.

no, i meant the path for lfs is E:\LFS\Actual Program\LFS\LFS.exe, but once i wipe my old windows (what im posting from atm while i nab the files) ill put LFS on its own little partition and fix it
#81 - S0ul
Quote from Becky Rose :UPDATE

0.7mb LFS-Companion update ver ... lpha to version 0.2 Alpha

Enhancements Include:
User interface;
radio volume control;
backfire volume control;
enable/disable features;
outguage relay;
insim relay;
support for multiple voice profiles (just add a folder);
failsafe (untested) for missing sound files in a profile;
a few trigger tweeks.

Does not yet save config settings when you quit, that will come in the next update.

Leach & flame as usual ...

IMPORTANT CHANGE
In order to maintain compatability with Pit Spotter I moved this application to use insim port 49999.

wooohoo,Becky...will you marry me?XD No,alright that would be too hasty,but please keep it up,this is getting better and better!
S0ul
Could you possibly make it possibe to remove some of the backfire sounds and still make it work? But as I said before the Backfire sounds would sound better if the cars had a set backfire for upshift/downshift instead of randomly picking the backfire sounds. I am disabling the backfire for now but I will say your work is good so far and i look forward to your future updates.

Heres a list of the backfire sounds that I would like removed because they dont sound right to me but might be alright to others.

backfire (4).wav
backfire (5).wav
backfire (13).wav
backfire (15).wav
backfire (19).wav
backfire (21).wav

these ones would be alright if the engine was at high revs for a while and then you lift off the accelerator completely

backfire (10).wav
backfire (14).wav
backfire (20).wav

Also to those that cant understand the first post just leave it alone. I am not speaking for everyone else but I understood clearly the first post. Also I cant see anything wrong with Beckys attitude. She is just standing up for herself the same as any normal human would do because you guys are picking at her like a dog to a bone.
"E:\LFS\Actual Program\LFS\LFS.exe" /insim=49999

Quotes should fix it

Cheers Steve, i'll look at those samples when I turn my attention back to the backfire mod, i've had a few ideas on that one - a single pop for upshift sounds, and the repeating pops on throttle off from high revs. Basically I need to sort and order the sound files and group them better than the haphazard system that is in place now. I may well drop some or all of the samples you suggest too.

I may also think of ways to make the backfires more user configurable, but i've got to think of a good method for it.
#84 - S0ul
hey becky!Is it possible to play a pit radio sound at a certain amount of tyre consumption(i wonder if thats the right word),that would be soo handy because i never know how well my tyres are....
S0ul
If anyone wants to update their sounds to mp3's to save some space, or if anyone wants to save a bunch of download time in the first place, here are the downloads. Hopefully Becky won't mind me posting these since I was able to convince a friend to host them. I haven't had the chance to try them in-game yet, but they're straight conversions. Assuming the program can handle the mp3 codec, they should work fine.

Edit: Removed the mp3 links since the program was having problems playing them back, for some reason.

Steve - If you don't like those particular sounds you can just rename them (assuming Becky has fixed the program to have it not worry about missing sounds). If that doesn't yet work, you can just replace the ones you don't like with ones you do like. Just keep the file names the same.
Quote from S0ul :hey becky!Is it possible to play a pit radio sound at a certain amount of tyre consumption(i wonder if thats the right word),that would be soo handy because i never know how well my tyres are....
S0ul

press f9
#87 - S0ul
that only shows temperature doesnt it?
Cheers Cueball i'll update the download with the mp3 codec samples with the next update.

Currently the backfire samples do report an error if you delete the files so you would need to put a null file in there, or copy over one that you do like. I will take a longer look at the samples used and when they are played when I get the camera tracking in.
Quote from S0ul :hey becky!Is it possible to play a pit radio sound at a certain amount of tyre consumption(i wonder if thats the right word),that would be soo handy because i never know how well my tyres are....
S0ul

Realistically, your crew chief doesn't know how your tires are either (unless the telemetry says they're losing pressure, in which case they pit crew would know you had a puncture). You should know approximately how many laps your tires will last from experience, then use the "you're on lap X" to determine when you should pit. In all honesty, unless you're locking up the brakes and cooking the tires, they should outlast your fuel pretty easily.
#90 - S0ul
erm,im getting an error when i use pitspotter i cant use your mod(if you said so before,sorry i didnt see it^^).It says:Packet received before ISI Packet
Quote :that only shows temperature doesnt it?

Thickness of the line shows tyre wear.

Currently LFS does not export tyre data through it's various network ports. Of course a smokemod type approach of scanning memory for the data would work, but then it would need updating every time there is a patch so I dont fancy taking that route.

I think when the tyre model has been stable for a while it might be worth asking Scawen to include tyre data, but whilst the tyre model is still unfinalised it might not be worth him adding it yet.
#92 - S0ul
Quote from Cue-Ball :Realistically, your crew chief doesn't know how your tires are either (unless the telemetry says they're losing pressure, in which case they pit crew would know you had a puncture). You should know approximately how many laps your tires will last from experience, then use the "you're on lap X" to determine when you should pit. In all honesty, unless you're locking up the brakes and cooking the tires, they should outlast your fuel pretty easily.

alright,you got a point there,since LFS is a sim....still it would be nice
Thanks cueball. I never thought of changing the samples mysele. I sometimes lose brainpower and never think of things like that , but Ill change the samples anyway.
#94 - S0ul
Quote from Becky Rose :Thickness of the line shows tyre wear.

Damn,im playing this game for about 1 year.....i never notice,Thank you!
Quote :erm,im getting an error when i use pitspotter i cant use your mod(if you said so before,sorry i didnt see it^^).It says:Packet received before ISI Packet

hmmmm.

I tried multiple startup orders and all seemed to be robust. First off launch LFS Companion and setup the relay (I understand Pit Spotter uses 29999 by default), then fire up Pit Spotter and you should see an outbound relay automatically created (I believe on port 30000 by default). Then launch LFS.

If this fails launch LFS first, then LFS Companion, then configure the relay, and then Pit Spotter.

Both of these methods should not report this error, (I hope).
Quote from S0ul :Damn,im playing this game for about 1 year.....i never notice,Thank you!

The tires last quite a long time. Unless you're running endurance events or are a REALLY good drifter it's unlikely that you've ever worn out a set of tires before the end of a race.
On patch S tyres didn't last so long, but yes now soft compound tyres can last about 2 fuel tanks for me.

I think the ISI packet error that SOul is having might be because you've set the relay to Pitspotters input port (30000). It needs to be the output port (29999).

EDIT: Nope that's not it, but in all cases you need to configure the relay before launching Pit Spotter (or indeed any relayed program).
Quote from Becky Rose :On patch S tyres didn't last so long, but yes now soft compound tyres can last about 2 fuel tanks for me.

I think the ISI packet error that SOul is having might be because you've set the relay to Pitspotters input port (30000). It needs to be the output port (29999).

EDIT: Nope that's not it, but in all cases you need to configure the relay before launching Pit Spotter (or indeed any relayed program).

This tool seems to get very great.
I don´t like the backfire, and i can turn it off
I like the PitRadio, and i can configure it to fit perfect.
I get Insim and Outgauge Relays: GREAT
For the moment, i miss a config-file or an auto-save for my InSim and OutGauge Relays.
Everything else seems like bonus and bugfixes. Cause this tool already can everything i need, and it help me to use the tools which are already there and not worked together yet.

And now i go and test it out more.
#99 - S0ul
hmmm,i always get this error-.- Am i doing something wrong with the relay?I switch outgage realy to active and put 29999 in the relay line....guess im too dumb for this
I think your talking about the relay for this mod which is 49999 as far as I know soul.
This thread is closed

LFS Companion (Alpha)
(387 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG