The online racing simulator
*WANTED* Peugeot 309 (not gti) in UK
(22 posts, started )
Hello, I would love to purchase a Peugeot 309 for my first car, I have found a few GTI models, but the insurance is a joke.

I am looking for:

PEUGEOT 309 1991-1993 Petrol 1.4L Manual 5 doors GL

OR

PEUGEOT 309 1989-1991 Diesel 1.9L Manual 5 doors GRD DIESEL

The insurance on both of these cars for a 17 (well almost) year old is £2500-2900 which is quite good in my opinion.

So if anyone has or knows a friend that has either of the two models mentioned above, please contact me via this forum or email.

My email is edwardturner75@yahoo.co.uk

Regards,
Edward.
Quote from eddy678 :
The insurance on both of these cars for a 17 (well almost) year old is £2500-2900 which is quite good in my opinion.
Edward.

2500-2900 HOLY COW that is unreal amount of money for that type of car.

Why that car for a first one??

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :2500-2900 HOLY COW that is unreal amount of money for that type of car.

Fordie

They are so reliable and are known to have the handling of a Pug 205 gti, my dad drove over 800,000 miles (I do actually mean eight hundred thousand) in his 309 gti when he worked as a courier, so I would like a car which is that reliable
Quote from Fordman :2500-2900 HOLY COW that is unreal amount of money for that type of car.

Fordie

Insurance in the uk is a joke! I'm 19 and I pay £800 for my 1988 1.4 Volvo 340, just un real. When I got my first car at 17 (it was a crappy 01 1.6 astra) I paid over £1000 and I needed a stupid tracker put in so I couldn't overtake a tractor without being fined £50
It's because of fraud.

People claim for things they shouldn't ("I pay for the insurance, so I want something out of it"). This is fraud.
Insurance firms are greedy. Not technically fraud I guess!
Young people drive like twats and damage other peoples' property. Also not technically fraud
Motor traders hike prices for insurance work. This is fraudulent practice in my opinion.
Car hire firms get on the case and charge extra-stupid sums for a week/months hire. This is fraudulent practice in my opinion.

And a lot of other things too.
UK insurance is just unreal. I pay ~140 eur (~ £120) yearly for a '00 320d.

But almost £3k, jesus...
Young drivers do get battered in UK. I could insure five M5s for £2,900.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Young drivers do get battered in UK. I could insure five M5s for £2,900.

I guess lots of those youngsters have their cars on their parent's name then?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I guess lots of those youngsters have their cars on their parent's name then?

i do as well...insured over my mother = 380€/year
insured by myself = 1500€/year

that about a monthly pay for me...pff
My first car, a 1.8l Focus estate cost me £1400 to insure for the first year, with no no-claims-bonus. The car cost me £1100 to buy.

I was a 32 year-old married man with a baby, driving a sensible family car, I was no boy-racer. Car insurance is ridiculous.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i do as well...insured over my mother = 380€/year
insured by myself = 1500€/year

that about a monthly pay for me...pff

Risky business. Insurance companies do look for reasons to not pay out, and "fronting" is fraudulent.
309 is cool i like them alot , did you check insurance for 405mi16 ?
i had a 405 but had alot of issues :\
Quote from eddy678 :The insurance on both of these cars for a 17 (well almost) year old is £2500-2900 which is quite good in my opinion.

lol
In my country you'd insure these econoboxes for £50 yearly
such is life in Latvia
don't think it's much different in Estonia
Tried posting on Piston Heads but the topic got removed due to WANTED topics are not allowed on the forum Where else can I post this topic on?
Quote from eddy678 :Tried posting on Piston Heads but the topic got removed due to WANTED topics are not allowed on the forum Where else can I post this topic on?

Try the words looking for or seeking
Quote from tristancliffe :It's because of fraud.

People claim for things they shouldn't ("I pay for the insurance, so I want something out of it"). This is fraud.
Insurance firms are greedy. Not technically fraud I guess!
Young people drive like twats and damage other peoples' property. Also not technically fraud
Motor traders hike prices for insurance work. This is fraudulent practice in my opinion.
Car hire firms get on the case and charge extra-stupid sums for a week/months hire. This is fraudulent practice in my opinion.

And a lot of other things too.

No doubt there are a number of fraudulent claims...same as TV license dodgers...or benefit claimants....etc.

Insurance firms are a business looking to make profit.

Amature drivers are of course deemed a higher risk...young people are also a higher risk.

Motor traders sell cars!....for accident repairs, bodyshops in my area get paid anywhere between 20-30 pounds/hour by insurance companys...if it is an insurance approved bodyshop then they get paid less but they have the guarantee of supplied work....mechanical work at dealerships in my area would be charged between 50-100 pounds/hr. Note that if the vehicle has both body and mechanical damage then separate charges will be worked out, yet tools/equipment/staff pay is similar.

Car hire firms are another business looking to make a profit....but approved repairers will always have courtesy cars (these are terms you have to agree with the insurance company to become an approved repairer)...
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :such is life in

Comparing country economics is and always be a big fail I presume.

Wow you earn a lot of money! Yes the cost of living is also much higher.
Phahaha it costs me about nothing! You also earn about nothing.
I would be waaaay less picky about my first car. As long as it'll last long enough that each MOT doesn't end up being twice what the you paid for the car, just get anything at all.

Specifying a specific model whilst on a budget, especially one that's pretty rare nowadays is just going to mean you're paying over the odds and trekking round the country to buy something that'll likely fall apart within 2 years.

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG