The online racing simulator
Quote from Bose321 :Your bathroom has blue tiles that randomly display photo's and text and flip?

No, my bathroom wasn't designed in kindergarten.
Wait, did you just switch topic from WP8 to iOS7?
Quote from Bose321 :Wait, did you just switch topic from WP8 to iOS7?

Nope. I just don't like the tiles, that's it. Though iOS7 is also funny. I prefer the droid and iOS (except 7) designs over WP.
Logic of Android user:

>I do not like it
>means it was designed in kindergarten
No, seriously I want to hear how operation system, which has no multitasking and notification or action center, is now better than Android...
Last time I checked my phone does fine with multitasking.

Notification cener isn't really needed due to live tiles, but it will arrive in a few weeks with Windows Phone 8.1

Action center, kinda the same, there are tiles for quick access. But this is also coming in Windows Phone 8.1.

> No notification/action center
> This OS sucks
Quote from Bose321 :Notification cener isn't really needed due to live tiles

7. The updating cycle time of live tiles is about 30 minutes. There is no point in calling them live tiles as they are not.

Source: 26 Cons of Windows Phone 8 Operating System

Nice to hear that WP finally gets essential smartphone features, but still really long gap between WP and iOS/Android...
Quote from TypeRacing :7. The updating cycle time of live tiles is about 30 minutes. There is no point in calling them live tiles as they are not.

Google harder.

Those 30 minutes are for weather aplications or stuff like that, just like on Android, you wouldn't want weather to update every minute? Or for example a Youtube app, it updates the tile every 30 minutes and changes images on the tile, for your subscriptions etc..

Things like mail, messaging aplications, twitter, facebook etc are real time (push) offcourse, and the tile changes instantly..
Quote from TypeRacing :7. The updating cycle time of live tiles is about 30 minutes. There is no point in calling them live tiles as they are not.

Source: 26 Cons of Windows Phone 8 Operating System

Nice to hear that WP finally gets essential smartphone features, but still really long gap between WP and iOS/Android...

Your lack of knowledge is funny. Keep going.
Quote from TypeRacing :Source: 26 Cons of Windows Phone 8 Operating System

That's a very credible source.
I started reading the article.
First bullet point I saw was "1. Windows mobile has no ability to choose a particular application as the default application to do a particular task. That means you can’t set up a default browser, default camera app etc."
At this point I stopped reading the article, because:
Well that part is pretty much true, you can only do that with the camera app, cause it's Nokia's camera app and not some random 3rd party one.. You can't set up a Metro Mail to be the default mail app, or myTube to open youtube links when you tap them etc..
I am glad I cannot do that, if I could I would probably never even realize how good Internet Explorer has became and how great Hotmail is compared to Gmail.
How do you post screen of your desktop shown inside your phone on downloaded picture? I can't ****ing google it, spent already too much time with it.
WP forces you to use IE and hotmail as defaults? That's more restrictive than iOS...

No wonder the entire WP platform is in such a disastrous state sales wise.
Lets look at state of things in, for example, country you are from.

such disaster
very horrible
much tragedy
so catastrophe
wow
Quote from Mysho :How do you post screen of your desktop shown inside your phone on downloaded picture? I can't ****ing google it, spent already too much time with it.

Photoshop.. but there's an app for that i think.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Lets look at state of things in, for example, country you are from.

Finland, a country full of Nokia fanboys who (used to) buy their phones no matter what because SUOMI ISÄMMAA.

Even that changed after the trojan horse Elop carried out the rest of Microsofts masterplan to ruin Nokias sales so they could buy the remaining husk of Nokia for cheap, after halting the finnish factories, firing everyone here and moving everything to China. I have to congratulate them, it was a cunning plan that worked flawlessly.

If you really want to start "proving" something with stats, let's take a global look at things first.

Just wait for him coming up with another hilarious excuse.
What's with the useless tables people.. Why would there only be one OS, and why would they all look and work the same?
I totally agree, however you should call a spade a spade.
Did you try it or saw it on tv?
My sister has a Lumia 925 or whatever, played around with it plenty. OS seemed far too restrictive considering it's a smart phone. Not my cuppa tea.

If Nokia started making high end phones with Android or even allow flashing it easily, I'd be all over them. As I would imagine a lot of other people would be too.
Oh my god if i've got a penny every time i heard that..

System is very refreshing, yes, some ridicolous design choices (not ui design) but hey.. i was soo sick of Android and that whole "4 icons in the taskbar" thing and that random unconsistent UI.. It's a very welcoming change.
Quote from Matrixi :WP forces you to use IE and hotmail as defaults? That's more restrictive than iOS...

No wonder the entire WP platform is in such a disastrous state sales wise.

How is forcing something good a bad thing?

There's a reason WP is growing fast. A lot of people want something else than iOS. Android can be very versatile, but unless you've got a 700 dollar phone it will never be as stable or as quick, or as reliable as a phone like an iPhone or Windows Phone.

Sure, there are some things in WP that are missing right now, or that are not possible yet, but Microsoft is doing an amazing so far. Windows Phone 8.1 seems to be a welcome update. Anyway, is there an OS that is perfect? No. Android certainly is not.
TIL closed source browser by a company that is in bed with NSA is a good thing.

Boris, isn't the great thing about Android that you can change anything you want? There are launchers that perfectly mimic metro or iOS.

Android used to require a very beefy SOC and plenty of RAM to make everything run smooth, but 4.4 Kitkat and the ART runtime has completely changed that. Now 512MB of RAM is enough for a pleasant experience and dual core is more than enough.

Post your Mobile Desktop..
(555 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG