The online racing simulator
Quote from Bose321 :Remember what happened to the Titanic?

What goes down must come up....or is that just women
Slightly edited pic from facebook LFS group

Attached images
398124_330280330410110_239110815_n.jpg
It really saddens me seeing LFS going to where it is going.
Such a great realistic racing sim being thrown out to its own decay.

It's time to move to a current gen racing sim. It is time to move to Assetto Corsa.
Loads done and an approachable dev, then several years of bemoaning his customers and dreaming he would finish without even starting: sounds like bipolar to me.
This tends to happen when you continually state your plans and how many people are working on it etc. and people continue to shit all over you.

I'm very shocked by your behaviour too Becky, considering your post count and time here I would expect you to be a little more respectful of Scawen and the team considering the level of work placed in this.

If all you can do is pop up on every relatively recent thread and support them with your pointless moans then I think the best thing you could do is to leave this forum well alone so that Scawen doesn't have to wipe the metric ton of directed negative posts off his inbox every single day when he could be living his own life and working on LFS.
Forum; discussion platform with opinions.You get annoyed by completely valid points of view? You like fables and fairy tale stories too I suppose?

Quote from Jakko90 :I would expect you to be a little more respectful of Scawen and the team considering the level of work placed in this.

Already did the last FOUR YEARS. Got not much in return did we?
Quote from cargame.nl :Forum; discussion platform with opinions.You get annoyed by completely valid points of view? You like fables and fairy tale stories too I suppose?

Everyone has an opinion...some can speak louder....but that should not mean the opinion carries a different weight.
Your opinion is that the statement was correct...why mock someone for having a different opinion?
Surely you could just agree with the original statement rather than attack someone who disagrees?

Do I (my personal opinion) wish that there where more tracks? Yes!
The lack of tracks finally finished me...but cars/graphics/whatever would still be fine to me....personally.

Sure, you (personally), have invested time/money into this game and have no doubt had much fun...but if you continually knock/bad mouth it then you are only leading to a fall....
What do you stand to gain?
Quote from Jakko90 :I'm very shocked by your behaviour too Becky, considering your post count and time here I would expect you to be a little more respectful of Scawen and the team considering the level of work placed in this.

If all you can do is pop up on every relatively recent thread and support them with your pointless moans then I think the best thing you could do is to leave this forum well alone so that Scawen doesn't have to wipe the metric ton of directed negative posts off his inbox every single day when he could be living his own life and working on LFS.

If you find my presence to be negative, then take heart in that I do only stop by occasionally to check on progress. On the whole I've been very supportive of Scawen when posting, but I'm not above the odd wise crack or occasional condescension in a [any] general direction - this is the internet after all.

I'm not sure how pointing out a few parallels of LFS development and a medical condition is shocking, they don't use electro shock therapy for bipolar anymore! But if you take offence at a reference to the condition - then you might take some relief in knowing I've lived through cyclothymia myself.

In regards to the many years of delay and shrunken user base - its my view that LFS self destructed. But I don't regard the situation as unsalvagable.
The situation is far from unsalvagable.

*prepare for broken record*

A good step in saving LFS would be release some content. I.E the finished but otherwise abandoned Rockingham. Seeing as how most every other simulator available has Rockingham in it's lineup, how about releasing just this one piece of content as a thank you for everyone's continued support of LFS and it's community. A LOT of people besides the devs have made LFS what it is today. The members of this forum, the demo users that tell other people about LFS, the league organizers, the league participants, the forum moderators, VW for the Scirocco (even if it is sitting and waiting also) and I am sure many many more.

Instead of sitting around and saying how license purchases have dropped or complaining about how much the community gets under your skin because of the continued nagging for new content, the Devs need to realize they made a mistake 5 years ago and in some form of apology or sign of gratitude for it supporters, release a piece of content that is NO WAY dependent on the tyre physics being completed or released.

It's a very simple PR move that could atleast restore some faith that all is not lost for LFS. Otherwise, Scawen can keep reading thread after thread and post after post about how they are doing nothing to keep LFS alive and all these disappointed fans who continue to give hope in a team that obviously cares nothing about what the community has to say.

If you look at the forums you will see that over recent time, the number of other people speaking out regarding the poor development methods has been so much more than in previous time.

To me, this looks like the end of the line for the community and if Scawen and crew doesn't change their stance/pace on new content, LFS will be a ghost time before any new content comes.
Quote from Anthoop :...

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. I asked why there must be yet anóther topic about this and explained to someone that this is a forum. No idea what you are dragging in...

Maybe the FOUR YEARS comment? Well.. It is a long time, isn't it? No idea how I can look positive against that.
Quote from cargame.nl :..

Yes, four years is along time..five is longer...and six longer again....etc..
No need to be positive about it...but as the saying goes "if you aint got something good to say...

I agree with Becky, in that the situation is not unsalvagable. I can only hope they get a round tuit!
*Lock*

Please AC launch your freakin multiplayer thing and lets hope we're done with this crap topics
Quote from danielroelofs :*Lock*

Please AC launch your freakin multiplayer thing and lets hope we're done with this crap topics

inb4 multiplayer sucks
does anyone really suggest LFS devs owe us something?

Rockingham would be nice as extra content, but really, i spent less than $50 to have an incredible physics and car setup engine and unlimited online play for many years. i can even make my own autocross layouts on all tracks and track configurations.

they did lead us to believe they would work on finishing S2. it's hard to believe they aren't doing that since they keep telling us they are
Quote from lfs.net :1.4You must be aware that we can alter any aspect of LFS as we see fit. Improvements, fixes and/or changes made to the game, are to be expected.

Also when it has been told that updates are coming, kinda means we are to expect some kind of update and when you announce a time of release and then miss it by 5 years, kind of leaves people to expect that announced content at some point, eventually.
I have been reading this entire thread,I have recently reinstalled LFS after a layoff of over 3 years. During that time I have been involved with Pcars which is in active development with new builds occurring almost daily. I think it's going to be a great motor racing simulation. It's a great pity in my opinion that LFS's further development seems to have run it's course as there was so much potential. I just wish the dev's would come clean and say 'That's your lot guys,there's no more coming'.
Guys why all this mess?
S3 is comming in matter of months. No need for all this LFS is dead stuff and so on ...
#44 - Be2K
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :...S3 is comming in matter of months....

where did you got this information from ?
Quote from Daveebee :
I just wish the dev's would come clean and say 'That's your lot guys,there's no more coming'.

That will not work as they probablly think they are doing a good enough job now and we don't deserve any more info than the occasional monotone post about "progress". Wouldn't be a bad solution for them to end the wait for us though.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Guys why all this mess?
S3 is comming in matter of months. No need for all this LFS is dead stuff and so on ...

S3 isnt even close. First the physics test patch has to be released, then a good testing perior is needed and then work towards finishing S3 and THEN it will come. I'd say it's years away.
LFS will die truly only when people stop writing "meh lfs is dead".

everytime such a topic is started it gets hundreds of replies. let alone the readers.

and LOL @ the guy showing ss of a total of 50 cars in 19 different servers. no offense, this does not mean it is alive. neither does it mean its dead tho.

seems like lfs has been in hiatus for a long, long time. will it ever come back? i think there are still thosands of people who would give it 1 more go if it was ever updated. S3 has to come eventually cause scawen needs monies. (thats how he put it like when he answered to fordy's thread)

if you are ever coming here anyway it means you are really bored with your day (or life) and want to talk etc.
Quote from Be2K :where did you got this information from ?

Information was kindly provided by zvone798

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG