The online racing simulator
Impressions VI [YouTube and download link]
(17 posts, started )
Hey there,

yesterday I finished 'LFS Impressions VI'. It mainly covers footage from Torsdagsrace and LFS Cart, but also from other leagues and a lot of pick-up races.

direct download hosted on liveforspeed.se, 720p, 40 fps, 299 MB
YouTube

(Edit: now available on YouTube, thanks to Fordman! on his channel you can also check out the previous 'Impressions' movies among a lot more LFS-movies, mainly from the earlier days)
Solid footage, I really enjoyed watching it!

Finally a vid from you again so good to see you around. I would have like to see a bit more quality as AA but I guess it was the fact of computer performance.
Hope to see more of you Jens, I always like your impressions!
#3 - pipa
Great movie, always enjoyed your movies .
Great video! Was awesome to see UM21 doing the mighty 2-wheel action @ FernBay. Good times!
I've always loved the freedom and the posibilities for movie making in lfs environment. It's only up to the "director's" creativity. Great stuff Jens . It made me wanting to jump in a race imediately.
thanks for the feedback!

Quote from FireMike15 :I would have like to see a bit more quality as AA but I guess it was the fact of computer performance.

yea, I run AA at maximum already and record at 0.25x speed.. it's still a pain, especially when going for the HD resolution (that's why I avoided that before )

Quote from MousemanLV :Was awesome to see UM21 doing the mighty 2-wheel action @ FernBay. Good times!

wasn't that in the previous Impressions movie, part 5? but yes, his stunts are pretty entertaining

Quote from luchian :I've always loved the freedom and the posibilities for movie making in lfs environment. It's only up to the "director's" creativity.

that really is a great thing about lfs.. but it can also be a curse, when you got a scenario in your head and try to capture it that exact same way.. and give up after 30 attempts as it just won't look as good as it does in your head
I always loved your montages. Simple, yet very informative, crystal clear and exciting to watch. A good example how you can make a super review simply without overusing effects and other factors that distracts you from the main point - racing coverage.

Sincere congratulations, Jens. Once again you proved that you are top class editor. Thank You for beautifully action-packed race review.
1st Impressions is :eye-poppi:bowdown::jawdrop:

This video is truly one of the BEST that has come out of late, its as simple as that. Truly a fantastic job you have done there

Couple of pointers to hopefully enhance this:

a) Include other cars, XFR/UFR as there is lots of shots of single seaters

b) Try not to include collisions ( crashes ) as LFS doesn't have a a crash model and this could put potential people off ( I will explain more in a moment ) you know, car parts flying everywhere, some people want to see this....

Apart from the above, this is really a true top notch movie for LFS, a real promotional tool and this should be used to promote LFS in the Public Domain.

The only problem you will have is you either, have to write the music yourself, or get a commissioned piece from Vic, but OMG, this has Joecool Talents written all over it ( and he was the master of LFS Video's ) before he turned to the Dark side ( the MAC LOL )

But Jens, hats off to you, this is truly fabulous and looking forward to more of you work

Fordie

PS - Now watching again.......I am loving it
This is what I consider one of the BEST promotional LFS video's around, although he used commercial music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvj0iY1Zig

You have the talent to really push LFS in to the public domain, and I hope you contact the DEVS with your talents and get this recognized !!!. It's what is needed for LFS as a whole.

Yours is not only on par, it has reached a new level of "making me want to race" and this is what its all about, making somebody that doesn't have LFS stand up and think, WOW, I need to try this Sim as well as just enjoying what you do, which you clearly do.

Sorry for the speal, but I am not one just to say "yeah nice Vid" if it is something special, and yours is

Well that's it from me, I am going to enjoy watching this over and over, and like I said, looking forward to your other installments

Fordie
Thanks, Senis and Fordie!

Senis, I like how you always comment in a positive way. Not only in this particular case, but also on other movies - when having criticism/suggestions to share, you always put it in a positive and motivating way, from my view

And Fordie, as you took your time for the detailed comments, I'll reply a bit more detailed here, too. Trying to explain why I did stuff the way I did. I do agree with your points, though.

Quote :a) Include other cars, XFR/UFR as there is lots of shots of single seaters

In earlier movies I tried to cover all cars and tracks, if possible even in a balanced way. But that often resulted in a few really really boring and lame scenes that I put into the video just to cover this point. I regretted this once the movie was done and released. Plus it depends on my mood and the music I chose, in this case the FO8 and FBM are clearly the dominating cars (while usually it's the XRT because I drive that one the most).
At clip-lengths of 3.1s, 1.55s or even 0.77s (that is what I mainly used) it is really hard to cover e.g. great UF1 action, I wanted to keep the pace high here and make the audience watch it again and again until they really get all the details.

Quote :b) Try not to include collisions ( crashes ) as LFS doesn't have a a crash model and this could put potential people off ( I will explain more in a moment ) you know, car parts flying everywhere, some people want to see this....

I agree on that, too. But as lately I've been making movies much more for myself, rather than for the community (as I'm aware that barely anybody will watch them, nowadays) I commit such mistakes 'on purpose'. This time I used lots of crashes, surely unrealistic when it comes to the non-existend damage model. But I tried to restrict it to only using crasshes that are realistic concerning how the cars move on impact or leave the rest to the spectator's imagination, so I tried to avoid fancy lag-crashes etc. Also you'll find lots of onboard clips with the odd mpr-steering-wheel-jumping in this one, I did avoid that in my previous Impressions movie.

I'm glad the video touched you, such comments keep me motivated to create (and publish) more movies, even if that will only be in a year or later.
Hope you don't mind Jen's but in case people don't want to download the full 299mb version because of internet speed or bandwidth I have posted your video on my LFS Movie Chanel on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 9CGE&feature=youtu.be

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :I have posted your video on my LFS Movie Chanel on Youtube.

That's great, I'll add it to the first post!
I understand that if you are based in Germany, there is a problem with you viewing these movies due to a copyright issue, although this doesn't occur in any other country.

There is no copyright issue, because if you read the copyright ACT, it is only if you "make money from it" and nobody that is making a movie about a game they enjoy, is not making money.

There is plenty of sites, if you Google it, that can protect your location. I am not sure if I can mention the direct links here, so I won't. Never been banned since the day I joined, don't fancy starting now, but if you don't want to anybody to see your "a$$" you would want to "hide my" so try looking up the bold bits.

Fordie
Nice work!
Love it
loved it , waiting for next vid

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG