The online racing simulator
Fanatec GT3RS v2 problem.
(8 posts, started )
Hey guys.

So, I have an issue. My GT3RS v2 has been a relatively reliable wheel for the last 6 months after I bought it from eBay.

Unfortunately, it has decided that it doesn't want to work.

It decided to become very lump around 3 weeks before it finally died-up until that point it had hinted at being lumpy, but never really been especially noticeable.

By lumpy-I mean: instead of it being a smooth turn, it jumps around 3-5'.

It's also been making some squealing sounds.

The wheel still has resistance-So I'm assuming the belt has not snapped. The motor just isn't moving.

Ideas? Other than buying a G27.
>ebay

how old is the thing?
I am no expert with the wheel you have but my first thought is a motor fault....and the motor is easily replaced (if that is the fault)....it is a Mabuchi RS 550.
Note also that a common fault with brushed motors is that the gaps between the commutator segments become blocked with a conductive material. Initially the motor will start to lose performance and eventually will stop working completely. It is easy to clean the commutator.
Take it apart and have a look.
You could try to replace the motor. Squealing sounds are nothing to worry about though. Does the fan still work? It might got too hot if that didn't work properly anymore. Did you smell anything burnt last time after intensive use?
6 months? Sounds about right for a Fanatec. Go for a G27 instead. bose goes mad now and rages on logicrap
Quote from Töki (HUN) :6 months? Sounds about right for a Fanatec. Go for a G27 instead. bose goes mad now and rages on logicrap

6 months after buying it on eBay. But yeah, go ahead and buy a G27. You wish you could go back to a not working Fanatec wheel, lol.
Obvious trolling was obvious.
Oh that's what you call it.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG