The online racing simulator
Yay 1981! :D
(11 posts, started )

33 years, thats recent stuff. anyone else learn IT with punch-cards well over 40+ years ago ?????
yay 1981...my year of birth
Quote from Racer X NZ :33 years, thats recent stuff. anyone else learn IT with punch-cards well over 40+ years ago ?????

I wrote my first computer game in that year but I missed out on punch cards.

I didn't start as an I.T. professional until the 80386 was around, VGA had just about established itself as the future of computer graphics and finally the PC was getting computer games worth playing - although apart from Wing Commander I can't think of any that where actually better on a PC than a 16bit.

But Wing Commander was epic. I gather Chris Roberts is finally getting around to writing a new space shooter, the video I saw of it looked very spectacular.

Oh dear I appear to have veered off topic.

Yes. Yay internet. Internet all the things etc.
I find it terrifying seeing people's accounts at work, and realising that people who are turning 18 now were born in 1996!
Wow that was a fun year - what I can remember of it. I was in High School.
The only people that knew anything about computers were the nerd clique that played dungeons and dragons all the time.
Quote from Becky Rose :But Wing Commander was epic. I gather Chris Roberts is finally getting around to writing a new space shooter, the video I saw of it looked very spectacular.

still one of the best games ever (as evidenced by my handle)
not particularly interested in the mmo part of the new roberts game but the sengle player part looks amazing

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG