The online racing simulator
why not?
when was the last time you saw daylight?

that is deffinetly BAD for you, no questions asked

and if you can't take a tiny tiny bit of force.. then thats serious trouble; its not like its hard to drift with FF, actually.. it almost makes it easier, because you can respond correctly rather than guessing, and having to move the wheel.. a TON; making it easier.. in really, just about every single way
I thought I needed a life.. illepall
dont you get bored of drifting around blackwood in the XRT Turbo after just 1 hour?
Quote from XCNuse :when was the last time you saw daylight?

that is deffinetly BAD for you, no questions asked

and if you can't take a tiny tiny bit of force.. then thats serious trouble; its not like its hard to drift with FF, actually.. it almost makes it easier, because you can respond correctly rather than guessing, and having to move the wheel.. a TON; making it easier.. in really, just about every single way

ok, just return to check how FFB looks like, here is the current FFB setting that fits me for a while
- Overall effect strength 1%
- Spring effect strength 150%
- Damper Effect strenth 150%
no centering spring enabled

at the moment it feels a bit realistic unfortunately is not improving my lap time yet,
please note that this wheel i bought just 2 month ago and i still need more time to get use to how it respond in most racesim games by using a bit FFB effect

Quote from XCNuse :dont you get bored of drifting around blackwood in the XRT Turbo after just 1 hour?

bored? yes, i dont know maybe playing the game itself is too boring, sometime i just move to rally track or some RBR, RBR definetly not boring even when playing it offline
2 months is plenty of time lol, i got used to mine in a day of using it really.. but i had it to high; all my settings in control pannel are at 50% with center spring off; and run it at around 140ish% in LFS and its pretty realistic
Quote from DevilDriver :- Spring effect strength 150%
- Damper Effect strenth 150%

Set those two to 0%, then LFS feels like a real car
Those are your problem, they make the steering very heavy. LFS has all the required effetcs in it self, you don't need those additional effects from the wheels drivers.
#33 - Jakg
Quote from DevilDriver :bored? yes, i dont know maybe playing the game itself is too boring, sometime i just move to rally track or some RBR, RBR definetly not boring even when playing it offline

Then get S2?
Quote from geeman1 :Set those two to 0%, then LFS feels like a real car
Those are your problem, they make the steering very heavy. LFS has all the required effetcs in it self, you don't need those additional effects from the wheels drivers.

you right, i didnt notice there was an option in LFS and RBR to reduce those force strength effect, after i turn them down from 80% to 10% in LFS the wheel feel much more better now

get S2? yea i will but most people near my country still playing those demo and i think i still need to stick with it until they move to S2
..you know you can join demo servers with a license right...?
#36 - joen
Quote from DevilDriver :
get S2? yea i will but most people near my country still playing those demo and i think i still need to stick with it until they move to S2

well, if everybody thinks that nothing will ever change right?
I think you're all waiting for eachother to move to S2
Why is it important anyway? LFS knows no borders
I kind of agree with the topic starter.. The best FF setting is 'out of the window with the damn thing'.. While that is harsh and potentially dangerous for innocent pedestrians outside I find it hilarious that the general tone is:
1- Without FF you can't have a good sim experience
2- Drifting is bad

Sadly, FF today is poor. At best. I can totally imagine turning it off and ripping the motor out. FF as an idea is great but it can't match real life wheel speeds and smoothness. Lets hope the G25 will be a step up.. It hinders your car feel more than it helps, just because of the *fact* that it can't keep up. Even if one likes it, which is fine, you fall in a big trap claiming FF is realistic. I don't want to use something that I can easily calculate / work out to be incapable of reproducing the forces and speeds of a real wheel. Using FF therefor means you KNOW you are getting forces and speeds that aren't what the sim really wants your wheel to do. I much rather have no feedback than wrong feedback.

Secondly, drifting isn't bad. In general the only bad thing about 'simracing' is the share of 'shouting' racers. Pointless topics in forums, wreckers, and names like 'Jimbobstrailerpark' are signs of dubious behaviour. So the 'fly' people that w@Nt t0 DR!Ft aren't necessarily any worse than those who try to be more economic with their rear tyres..

I must say the average post intelligence has dropped.. I mean why on earth start a thread that you want a c64 version of LFS.. (I could mention about 100 more cases..)

Anyway the point being that this topic starter actually has a point and people fail to see it..
FF is realistic, just like driving in cockpit view is realistic since you're "sitting in the car". FF is also unrealistic, just like the missing peripheral vision which makes cockpit view unrealistic.

ie. FF lets you feel certain things, feels like the steering wheel is "connected" just like in a real car, but it's not perfect, just like everything else.
not just LFS feels boring i found that RBR still alot more challenging and its still up to my main priority game, more than any games: CS 1.6, BF2 etc
#40 - Jakg
LFS is boring says the person who's only ever raced the demo...

[help] how to remove FFB effect?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG