The online racing simulator
[help] how to remove FFB effect?
does anyone know how to completely remove FFB effect?
i use momo racing FFB
but i dont like the FFB effect this wheel give
i try to set FFB overall strength to 0 with FFB ON both in logitech profile and in LFS but when i turn the wheel to the right then turn left the effect is still there
this effect is very annoying especially when playing a rallycross map where fast wheel turn is needed, the effect is blocking my reaction whenever i try to steer left to right very fast
i really want to remove this force feedback effect completely from my wheel, can anyone tell me how?
Unplug the external power supply.
Do you have centering spring enabled? If so, disable it, because not only does it slow you down, it's also unrealistic and is SUPPOSED to be turned off when playing LFS. Otherwise the forces sent by LFS are not what they were originally intended to be (as the hardware centering spring overrides/modifies the LFS generated forces).
Quote from wheel4hummer :Unplug the external power supply.

do you mean unplug the external adapter? i cant find any external power supply on this wheel..

Quote from AndroidXP :Do you have centering spring enabled? If so, disable it, because not only does it slow you down, it's also unrealistic and is SUPPOSED to be turned off when playing LFS. Otherwise the forces sent by LFS are not what they were originally intended to be (as the hardware centering spring overrides/modifies the LFS generated forces).

yes the centering spring is not enable and its set to 0 both in specific game setting and global device setting

its something like gear driven inside this wheel that hold the steer from moving to the right and then to left in a fast reaction
is it possible to remove physicly off the wheel?
I can only speak for my MS Sidewinder FF, which provides the least resistance when you turn off ff with the middle button BUT let it plugged in. Otherwise you'll create a current with your movement which causes the motor to slow you down after a while.
If I unplug my black momo power supply (the thing that plugs into the wall/mains) I get no force feedback. The USB connection isn't enough to power FFB.
ok i unplug the power supply but the steer now feel very heavy
i want light and smooth feeling
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
ok thanks for the heads up, i will try to remove the motor off the wheel
You do that and you'll lose any feeling there is with the wheel. illepall
Leave the motor on the wheel ffs :doh:

Set centering spring to 0, but leave it enabled (check box ticked).

Then in LFS disable the FF and you should end up with a light wheel with no FF, although I'd strongly recommend running at least a little bit of FF.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I've noticed with my MOMO Racing that without power the wheel turn is heavy (turning the motor), also in-game but not on-track the wheel is heavy.

But if you have power on and another application has the window focus the wheel is extremely light. I think that is what DevilDriver is wanting... don't know how to manage it though.
Have you tried reducing force feedback in-game to zero? (< key)
Why did you buy an FFB wheel if you don't want FFB?
Quote from TiJay :Why did you buy an FFB wheel if you don't want FFB?

this is my first wheel ok so i dont know what FFB looks like before purchasing this wheel

anyway i have question to all FFB user, how do you drive with FFB on, dont you feel tired when turning the wheel with it, i cant really imagine how strong you are if you do with FFB ON
Oh yeah, actually I'm built like Schwarzenegger. I can bench 300 lbs. [/sarcasm]

Give me a break... I'm one of the skinniest guys I know and if I play for 2 hours straight, yes, I get tired, but it's not really my arms that get tired. I just get kind of sweaty and that overall tired feeling where I'm no longer able to push the car as hard. However, I find this much more realistic and couldn't imagine driving in LFS without FF.
only 2 hours? thats short
ussually i get at least 6 hours straight doing drifting and rallying in LFS
#16 - Jakg
Quote from DevilDriver :anyway i have question to all FFB user, how do you drive with FFB on, dont you feel tired when turning the wheel with it, i cant really imagine how strong you are if you do with FFB ON

just turn it down, i can easily drive an hour on max tho...
#17 - Jakg
Quote from DevilDriver :only 2 hours? thats short
ussually i get at least 6 hours straight doing drifting and rallying in LFS

oh... your trying trying to drift without FFB? how? how do you know when the tails gonna slide and how much etc?
Quote from DevilDriver :.....drifting.....

The truth is finally revealed... You'll get no sympathy from me.
Quote from Jakg :oh... your trying trying to drift without FFB? how? how do you know when the tails gonna slide and how much etc?

well i know what my car is doing, most of the time i can handle them easy with my feeling, and ussually i get at least 8000 points in drifting, 13000 point when im in the mood
#20 - Jakg
Quote from DevilDriver :well i know what my car is doing, most of the time i can handle them easy with my feeling, and ussually i get at least 8000 points in drifting, 13000 point when im in the mood

feeling what? i would give you a sensible discussion on drifting, but if you measure it in points in not even gonna bother
Quote from Jakg :feeling what? i would give you a sensible discussion on drifting, but if you measure it in points in not even gonna bother

sorry i cant describe what you mentioned there but im sure the more practice i do the better result it will be
#22 - Jakg
Quote from DevilDriver :sorry i cant describe what you mentioned there but im sure the more practice i do the better result it will be

you dont get it do you? measuring drifts by points is stupid, its more like an art than anything else
all you have to do is hold the < button down until it hits 0

if your that weak, thats reeeally sad; and if your eyes can take 6 straight hours of playing a game... thats even more sad
6 hours straight is common for me, beside playing LFS i also play CS 1.6 and it took me over 3-5 hours daily, the rest ussually for LFS or RBR
#25 - Jakg
Quote from DevilDriver :6 hours straight is common for me, beside playing LFS i also play CS 1.6 and it took me over 3-5 hours daily, the rest ussually for LFS or RBR

RBR without FFB?illepall

[help] how to remove FFB effect?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG