The online racing simulator
Complaints Department (NOW OPEN!)
I'm not interested in running these events anymore if people keep coming to me in varying means of communication with complaints about how the series is being run/how people are still being childish.

I'm not interested in running these events if a select few are acting like children in the server, driving those legitimately interested in competition away from the server/series.

I'm not interested in supporting a simulator that still has these things going on - they just suck the enjoyment straight out of it.

I think you'll find that while I make mistakes often, being a human, I do my best to make good on them and not disrupt things too badly. If you feel like this is true, I think now is a good time to step up and say so. If you do not feel this is true, now is THE time to step up and say so so that NDR can be improved.

Offer your constructive feedback and constructive criticism here.
no wind.

Wave arounds of GT2 cars - more efficient. Ie: TELL ALL GT1 STAY RIGHT. ALL GT2 GO LEFT. Then wave them.

Savage lost the win last race because of a terrible wave around system where they got stuck behind car 72.
#3 - troy
wind.

edit: Just to not get deko smoking out of his ears: I do think it is rather easy blaming league organizers for the current state of things but if you're really honest that is not where complaints should go. I'll just link my post from earlier today which is going in the same direction this one would be going: https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1839723#post1839723

If you lack motivation try something new, if you don't want to try something new don't complain about lack of motivation.
Well I have just a small one, overall these series are awesome, but please don't restart an endurance race for 5 minutes :s
Can I complain about people complaining about wind?
#6 - troy
Right, I completely forgot to get more into the wind discussion!

I don't understand the animosity a very loud minority in this community seems to have against the wind. We already got so few variables in LFS' current state, what happens if, god forbid, we get some updates with dynamic racing lines and/or brakes fading together with proper mechanical damage? Will you complain about not being able to drive in this completely sanitary sim racing world of ours any more?
I'm not against wind in general. I'm just against how bad LFS' wind is.
NDR does a good job overall, there will always be stuff people complain about. But compared to other administrations they could be a lot worse.

There will always be idiots who take things too far on the internet, sadly it's just something you have to deal with.

I don't like wind in LFS because the stuff like wind direction etc is completely unknown until you are sitting on the grid, and I like to be able to have things planned etc and the wind can make all the preparation etc worthless. But it's the same for everyone. My main problem was how it was brought in
People have different expectations for the same thing. This is where arguments almost always come about. Drivers need to understand the way things are going to be and accept this prior to competition. Perhaps even lower your expectations for an event. You'll be surprized how good an event is if you don't expect it to be the race to end all races going into it. We are not professionals putting on these events, and we are not paid to put them on (in fact, the opposite is usually true).
You're doing 5/5 job. People just like to nit-pick things and start drama because blaming it on the development of the game has been over-used.

&Wind, it's a racing simulator, we simulate racing in real life. Racing in real life deals with weather. Wind is weather. The people who are complaining are people who are too afraid to face a challenge. What they practiced in the coming weeks to the race is what they expect to happen on race day. They don't want to have to work during the race and adjust their racing style to compensate for wind, because that's just too unrealistic.
Quote from IsaacPrice :I don't like wind in LFS because the stuff like wind direction etc is completely unknown until you are sitting on the grid, and I like to be able to have things planned etc and the wind can make all the preparation etc worthless. But it's the same for everyone. My main problem was how it was brought in

It would be nice to be able to define a weathern pattern and max speed. Indeed
Deko, Stay Classy and never change. You run series' very well and you can't please everyone (especially on such a divisive issue like wind or layout for a corner).
Great organization, too many safety car.
The rest is perfect
Quote from malcomax :too many safety car.

I don't think the safety cars are too much. And if it's too much, it's probably due to the more players flipping than irl, so not the orga's fault IMO
It will be the last year for LFS anyway, why so much discussion?

Stop crying, think of making exit plans.

* what I mean by that is decide to give one last effort and then call it a day. Thats my plan anyway. You then can look back at an amazing time and just close the book. Don't be the last man standing, it will give a VERY bad feeling.
fxr too slow
ray too fast
Woohoo, a complaint thread. I like complaints. :woohoo:

People who whine about wind are either noobs who have no idea how to drive or hc nolifers, who get totally lost when their perfected braking points and driving lines suddenly don't work if there is even a minimal change in the driving conditions. The ability to adapt to different situations is part of being a good racer and therefore I think that wind in LFS races is a good thing. Of course it's clear that the way wind currently works is not the best possible and it should be improved, but still; it is same for everyone after all.

In general, I think that Deko/NDR are doing great job running these series. Even though I dislike some of their decisions and think that the admining is often very biased, it is still much better compared to some other online games. For example World of Tanks; they have multimillion budgets for their professional leagues and all kinds of fancy stuff like big offline finals with money prizes and cool live streams with studio commentators. Still, they suck. They seem often to have no idea how their game works and the admins' decisions are usually either totally random with no sense or then they just completely ignore the complaints. Compared to that, NDR's events are very well organized and that's why I appreciate the job Deko is doing.

EDIT: btw the starting time of the 24h race (16UTC) is probably the most retarded thing ever and it should definitely be made like 3-6 hours earlier.

EDIT2: fxr too slow
Quote from Joku123 :
EDIT: btw the starting time of the 24h race (16UTC) is probably the most retarded thing ever and it should definitely be made like 3-6 hours earlier.

JFYI - all MoE 24h races has started also at 16 UTC
Quote from TypeRacing :JFYI - all MoE 24h races has started also at 16 UTC

still doesn't make it less retarded
Adopt to it, professional driver
Quote from TypeRacing :Adopt to it, professional driver

Basically the problem is that I'm not a professional driver and I have to go to school the following day after the race. At least for me racing is still just a hobby and if it has negative effect on my studies I may have to decide not to do the race.
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :you should be punched in the face

Nice words, I'll be delighted to see you punching my face one day

If he says that others who can't adopt with wind are n00bs, but then he whines about starting time, which has been regular for many years, then I'm spotting some error. No offence, but think about that who is whining and who can't adopt things...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG