The online racing simulator
http://newdimensionracing.com/ ... 14_Round4StartingGrid.pdf

Woah, hey being serious. You are meaning that we lost our fastest lap of the qualifying session, where we had a correct skin? Rules are rules, and I respect them. But requiring, that there is some sense in rules. By signing up for this series we have accepted rules that this series has, I get that, but I don't see any sense in this rule.
Quote from deCesaris :http://newdimensionracing.com/ ... 14_Round4StartingGrid.pdf

Woah, hey being serious. You are meaning that we lost our fastest lap of the qualifying session, where we had a correct skin? Rules are rules, and I respect them. But requiring, that there is some sense in rules. By signing up for this series we have accepted rules that this series has, I get that, but I don't see any sense in this rule.

There was an incorrect skin run during Q1 (the GT2 bumper bar was missing), the fastest lap penalty affects the aggregate of the two sessions since they are technically one session, split over multiple days.
Quote from dekojester :There was an incorrect skin run during Q1 (the GT2 bumper bar was missing), the fastest lap penalty affects the aggregate of the two sessions since they are technically one session, split over multiple days.

Yes, I was aware of the reason of the penalty.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't have considered those two as one session since they are practically two different sessions of which lap times are just merged. The way I see it, it should be the only thing that connects those two.

This is like being penalized for stealing a stack of cash, which you didn't do, but instead you had stolen a penny some time ago, but weren't penalized for that. It wouldn't make any sense, would it?
Quote from deCesaris :Yes, I was aware of the reason of the penalty.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't have considered those two as one session since they are practically two different sessions of which lap times are just merged. The way I see it, it should be the only thing that connects those two.

This is like being penalized for stealing a stack of cash, which you didn't do, but instead you had stolen a penny some time ago, but weren't penalized for that. It wouldn't make any sense, would it?

The rule was implemented for this season so that a team cannot "escape" a penalty simply by setting a faster time in the session where an infraction occurred. A team still needs to have some effect for breaching regulations, be it technical or otherwise.

I would much rather apply a fine of some sort (monetary or otherwise) instead of penalizing a laptime, but I can't really fine where I'm not charging to partake in the events.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG