The online racing simulator
I love LiveForSpeed
(18 posts, started )
I love LiveForSpeed
Hi,

I just wanted to tell the development team that they have created a masterpiece with LiveForSpeed. I came back to play this game after 1 year break and i still have so much fun with it. It is a legendary game, yet so simple in its looks but so complex from the inside, it combines passion for racing aswell as emotions and happiness.

We should be grateful for what they have created, we dont need better graphics, rain or nighttime or even licensed cars. This doesnt fit to LFS. I remember when i started playing LFS for the first time. It was the only game running on the crappy computer from my cousin and we had so much fun with it, it was unbelievable. After a while we bought a wheel and started scaring other racers (not by crashing them ).

There is one downside tho, since S3 has been announced but not released yet the activity has gone drastically down, its hard to find a server with many people for FXR on AS3 (National) like there used to be in the past.

I am happy with the game how it is now, of course it would be cool if we would see additional tracks in the future (remember Rockingham?), who cares about the Scirocco in this game anyway, forget about it (unless the developers are getting a financial reward for sponsoring or something like that).
They have created a near-perfect game and an even greater racing simulation and for that I am thankful.

I love LiveForSpeed.

Happy New Year everyone!
#2 - Xone
i love chips and french fries
Quote from TurboBlaster :rain or nighttime [...] This doesnt fit to LFS.

Why not? It would be huge improvement,hope to see it someday.
Happy new year TurboBlaster!
Glad LFS brings the same joy and feelings to you as it does to me. It sure is a masterpiece.
Happy New Year All!
happy new year!

a lot of bithdays today on the lfs forum XD a lot of them turn 113
Happy new year!

Also, Jesus' lost brother celebrating their birthday as well.
#9 - Davo
Live in your little bubble mate, please do ^^
Alltho I know you are trolling, and if not - then you truelly are one ignorant little...thing.

While LFS was groundbreaking for it's time, now almost every aspect of LFS is adopted in other games, perfected and improved. LFS was great, but it stoped, the gaming industry did not and while LFS had advantages in the earlier days it's miles behind the rest at current time.

That said, LFS is still great, but it just canot compete.
The only thing that LFS actually has which other games might lack, is a great netcode and a fast and easy way to join other people in race.

So to sum it all up, LFS was and is great, but the development of the game could not keep up with the rest of the gaming industry and technology. It remains as a nostaly factor for the people that does not want to move on and admit that the newcomers (not just AC in particullary here) are actually pretty damn good. This means however that the newcomers are not perfect, they have flaws, but then again: LFS had and has flaws too so saying anything is superior compared to the other is wrong.
Quote from The Very End :Live in your little bubble mate, please do ^^
Alltho I know you are trolling, and if not - then you truelly are one ignorant little...thing.

While LFS was groundbreaking for it's time, now almost every aspect of LFS is adopted in other games, perfected and improved. LFS was great, but it stoped, the gaming industry did not and while LFS had advantages in the earlier days it's miles behind the rest at current time.

The only thing that LFS actually has which other games might lack, is a great netcode and a fast and easy way to join other people in race.

So to sum it all up, LFS was and is great, but the development of the game could not keep up with the rest of the gaming industry and technology. It remains as a nostaly factor for the people that does not want to move on and admit that the newcomers (not just AC in particullary here) are actually pretty damn good. This means however that the newcomers are not perfect, they have flaws, but then again: LFS had and has flaws too so saying anything is superior compared to the other is wrong.

What a friendly comment from you, no i made this post in full seriousness, for me this game is still the one racing simulator out there i enjoy the most.

As you stated one of the many advantages is an easy way to join races, the game also runs on low-end PCs, true that nowadays most people have high class products but not everyone can afford such luxus, that makes LFS in a certain way special aswell.

I just wanted to share some happiness to this community And remember that this game is still great fun..

Is it just me? Or are racing titles in general going the way of Ms. Pacman?
Especially more realistic games like LFS?
I mean what kid out there plugs a wheel to their tablet? What does dynamic real time physics mean to some one that plays their computer games on a smartphone laying in a crooked angle in their bed? And most importantly, How is going around and around in a circle fun for these millenials when you can't blast someone to oblivion and post it on facebook?

How many New racing titles are out today compared to this time ten years ago?
AC is promising because it reminds me about LFS. Actually, the only title (after 10 years) that can match, and superceed LFS in physics. Hopefully, the netcode/online experience will provide the same fun that LFS does, but it's not there yet. I know; iRacing, pCars, rF2 is also (almost) here, but they do not quite speak the same language to me. Is that nostalgia(?), nope.

Big hopes for AC though, but LFS will keep a reserved section on my HD.
Quote from TurboBlaster :What a friendly comment from you, no i made this post in full seriousness, for me this game is still the one racing simulator out there i enjoy the most.

As you stated one of the many advantages is an easy way to join races, the game also runs on low-end PCs, true that nowadays most people have high class products but not everyone can afford such luxus, that makes LFS in a certain way special aswell.

I just wanted to share some happiness to this community And remember that this game is still great fun..

Sorry, my reply was aimed for the Dave guy above my other post, this was not meant as an attack against you
I think it's great that you like LFS, and I do not say it is anything wrong with it. LFS is a excelent product, it is just a little outdated in my eyes.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Quote from Racer Y :Is it just me? Or are racing titles in general going the way of Ms. Pacman?
Especially more realistic games like LFS?
I mean what kid out there plugs a wheel to their tablet? What does dynamic real time physics mean to some one that plays their computer games on a smartphone laying in a crooked angle in their bed? And most importantly, How is going around and around in a circle fun for these millenials when you can't blast someone to oblivion and post it on facebook?

How many New racing titles are out today compared to this time ten years ago?

I canot answer that, as I do now know what actually was out around this time 10 years ago. I know LFS was a SIM ahead of it's time. Maybe Nascar Racing 2003 was also ahead of it's time, and a worthy opponent of LFS at that time. Correct me if Im wrong.
#15 - Davo

I am not trolling, or a little...thing.....AC feels like a dumbed down version of LFS. You can't even oversteer/understeer properly.

Now I've only played the pre-release version so maybe things have changed and it didn't run nearly as good as LFS on my core i5 PC. Yes the graphics are nice but the gameplay on whole is nowhere near as good as LFS.

I believe nithing from LFS has been perfect by other sims. LFS is stil ground breaking and will be even better with the new physics and new track and car.
Alltho I agree with you that LFS seems a tad more, well, responsive or raw-feeling, I have no idea what is actually realistic. I do not know how a race car behaves at it's limits, if it's like LFS uncontrolled way or ACs more controlled madness.

But in a other discussion it seemed like people belived that everything had to be super hard to be realistic, while some others pointed out that some cars really are more easy to drive in real life compared to their gaming counterpart.

As you said, LFS was groundbreaking for it's time, but I'm not sure if I would call it that still.

Also if you take away the graphics, the way the games looks and feels these days is better, more modern. Like the UI or just menues, everything looks more slick and fresh, while LFS really look like a game from the early 2ks. Also the design itself is lazy, by that I mean tracks. There is (except South City and to some level Fern Bay) no details around the tracks and the tracks is made out of various combinations rather than new enviroments. Now, in the start it was ok, but Aston is everything I hate with LFS. Tracks / courses that are too similar, zero details around the track, all washed out and uncollored enviroment... it really is not feeling fresh at all. All these smalls things here and there which could have been done over the years is just like "**** that, we are doing tyre physics". If you remove everything that is entitled as S3 stuff, these are things that should have been upgraded while tyre physics was under development:

1: More advanced damage system
2: Facelift of menues and the look of the game, not talking about graphics here
3: Update to the classes (cars), ballancing them better
4: Update / upgrade the interior of the cars that are allready in the game
5: That Westhill update, aswell as updating the other tracks like they did with the South City

I had more in my head, but forgot them allong the way on this post. Point is, the tyre physics seems to be the downfall of LFS, as it takes ages to complete. Meanwhile the world marches on to develope new interesting projects. We're still stuck at the start :/
Yeah I know, LFS really is awesome for feel but if you stay still, things tend to catch up !.

Really, try Power and Glory, IMHO, its awesome. If you love offroad, try RSRBR, that's also great.

Im really looking forward to whatever LFS can do, but, key words are, looking forward.........

I havn't tried AC yet but.........
Quote from Racer X NZ :Yeah I know, LFS really is awesome for feel but if you stay still, things tend to catch up !.

Really, try Power and Glory, IMHO, its awesome. If you love offroad, try RSRBR, that's also great.

Im really looking forward to whatever LFS can do, but, key words are, looking forward.........

I havn't tried AC yet but.........

Give it a try. Just make sure to have a good computer

I love LiveForSpeed
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG