The online racing simulator
LFS features in a Euro Truck Simulator environment?...
Since There are some Map modifications in circulation i would aks you the following question...:

If you can drive through hole Europe (map from ETS2) with the handling and looks of Live for Speed....wouldn't that be the most realistic/fun driving simulator ever?

If that idea becomes real that would be awesome...

add some:

- Jobs to do (deliveries)
- Races (Singleplayer/Multiplayer) starting at Paris...who would be the first reaching Amsterdam...
- Shops (to costumize and buy cars)
- Police (chasing wanted cars)

Think about it...and let me know what your opinion is about this idea and if it is executable.
No, because lfs is a racing simulator, not a cruise or any other type of sim.
Yess... thats true but... I think that there a lot of people are searching for a ''giantic-map-cruizing/racing-simulator''

Maybe this idea sounds the same like Need for Speed but the engine, physics and handling that Live for Speed provides are a lot more advanced than the regular racing games nowadays...
Quote from maramara8 :Yess... thats true but... I think that there a lot of people are searching for a ''giantic-map-cruizing/racing-simulator''

Maybe this idea sounds the same like Need for Speed but the engine, physics and handling that Live for Speed provides are a lot more advanced than the regular racing games nowadays...

I would say, make a huge map in rfactor, since it's open source, you can add that shit probably in and there you go. have a notasrealisticbutstillmorerealthannfs cruising game
I find it funny that people want cruising stuff so eagerly by using a game aiming at racing simulation.
And I do not anymore even care what LFS is, LFS is LFS, that's all
... game like that would be AAA blockbuster.
funny, this is the sickness LFS gives us. it makes us wish all our other racing game content used the LFS physics

but... LFS physics wins because devs decided to enforce very strict priorities. no fancy shit. Euro truck simulator succeeds because devs spent ages adding candy.

you can't have 50+ ai cars driving around an endless open map with LFS physics. at least not in 2013 on our crappy computers!
I'm still surprised till the day, by the decision of the devs for adding the Cruise option. I always wondered why rFactor doesn't have any cruise servers. There is a lot of potential to build an epic map with all kinds of environment and landscape, and tons of road cars with half-decent physics to them. Take for example the Shift Street Mod. It's a great variety of nicely modeled cars with not-even-close to LFS physics, but still a lot of fun to drive them around. Not to mention tons of the other road car content. You can probably get something going in rF that's for sure.

As a next option, Assetto Corsa is kinda innovative with these game modes. It will be moddable and already is open to python apps. It's not a big trick to develop a cruise app for Assetto Corsa when the final thing comes out. That will probably be the heaven for cruisers.
even though a big europe map would be pretty cool and all, I don't think this idea is fit for LFS. The player base is too small to diversify the game too much with too many different tracks (and too large tracks). The best is to keep it at a quite few available tracks with features to please as many people as possible.

A game to recommend for you is TDU. Sure it doesn't have as accurate handling / feeling as LFS does but it's not too bad for just cruising around. The game is definitely enough to have fun and the map isn't all of europe but a remake of hawaii (which is big enough to be fair)
It's funny because recently i've been thinking (once again) this thing. It's not just the physics, it's the force feedback feeling also and everything that makes LFS so real, even though it has imaginary cars/tracks.

"What if Driver, or GTA had LFS' feeling?" Imagine driving around on a big or small map, something like City Car Driving, but with LFS' FFB and physics.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG