The online racing simulator
GEMA...
Quote from BlueFlame :Well too be honest I didn't have any issues with your boys here but its teh first race that I've never had any issue with LLM in a race.

might be because Matt wasn't driving
Tbh, I had alot issues with LLM cars, especially the 72 car, it felt like it was the only car i was lapping in the whole race xd, and at some point it just made me angry by the way he let us pass.
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :Tbh, I had alot issues with LLM cars, especially the 72 car, it felt like it was the only car i was lapping in the whole race xd, and at some point it just made me angry by the way he let us pass.

I must apologize for car 72. It is our attempt to give new drivers a shot in league racing. I think much better than previous attempts. At a track like this there isn't much room and they made some mistakes.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I must apologize for car 72. It is our attempt to give new drivers a shot in league racing. I think much better than previous attempts. At a track like this there isn't much room and they made some mistakes.

I know you're trying to do something good within the community to get these newcomers in to the leagues, but the fact of the matter is, they don't belong at the top level just yet. The pace 2 of your cars produced was really, quite spectacularly slow. If someone is so off paced, wouldn't you deem it wise to keep them out of the big leagues until they gain some speed and race craft?
I kind of agree with Sean. Obviously you did some good job with drivers from car 52, car 62 bing also in the mid-field pace but to be honest in my first stint yesterday I touched one time really the wall and that was because of car 72. Then I think he spun twice in front of Kristi,...i think that is just too early for them. To be racing an endurance race at SO you should be able to do one full stint without mistakes in practise. Ofc in race shit can happen, even Adam that was the fastest guy with GT2 did one at the worst possible moment but that should happen three times in 10laps.

@Deko : you are sure you wanna re run the tracker? I like the results it shows atm or just take the results before the last SC and forget the last 5mins mess I would be happy with it as well (joking ofc)
Quote from MoMo92i :or just take the results before the last SC and forget the last 5mins mess I would be happy with it as well (joking ofc)

Well i thought it would of been the best option to call the race at the last SC anyway, but that depends on how messy the grid was with timeout's etc.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I must apologize for car 72. It is our attempt to give new drivers a shot in league racing. I think much better than previous attempts. At a track like this there isn't much room and they made some mistakes.

Send the new guys to absolute-beginners.nl every week a league race of 45 minutes
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :joe made a nice video of us http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt7klqZftT4

must say, his editing skills are just as pro as his braking

Sorry, I was so nervous and my legs were shaking so bad, that I seriously forgot when to brake and I couldn't tell how hard I was braking, I tried to move to the left, but you already started your turn in.

pls forgive me
#62 - IMOL
Quote from yuusei : Sorry, i was so nervous and my legs were shaking so bad, that i seriously forgot when to brake and i couldn't tell how hard i was braking, i tried to move to the left, but you already started your turn in.

pls forgive me

+1
Quote from IMOL :
Quote from Yuusei : Sorry, I was so nervous and my legs were shaking so bad, that I seriously forgot when to brake and I couldn't tell how hard I was braking, I tried to move to the left, but you already started your turn in.

pls forgive me

+1

+1 from me as well. Sorry from me as well. Good on you for apologizing Joe, making the world a happier place

ps: why u have picture of isaac?
Quote from xtraction :I know you're trying to do something good within the community to get these newcomers in to the leagues, but the fact of the matter is, they don't belong at the top level just yet. The pace 2 of your cars produced was really, quite spectacularly slow. If someone is so off paced, wouldn't you deem it wise to keep them out of the big leagues until they gain some speed and race craft?

I would put more importance on race craft vs speed. I've never been anything close to "fast" (except in very specific combos). That said, I (think, correct me if I'm wrong) have done well in the events I have entered at not causing significant time loss to leaders.

I think that in most cases it's a matter of ego. I accepted forever ago that I'm slow, so I understand that I should GTFO when a faster car is approaching me. The "problem" drivers seem to be the ones that still feel like they are competitive with the drivers who are lapping 5~ seconds a lap quicker. I don't really know how to solve it, but I don't htink discouraging slow drivers from competing is the solution because I know (at least for myself) that the fun part is simply participating even when finishing near the back of the grid.
The point I was trying to make was really quite simple. Make sure your drivers have done significant practice to not be a rolling chicane to the leaders and also that they know how to race competitively. I'm not saying slow people arnt allowed in the series because that would be wrong and unfair, because I understand everyone has to start somewhere. I just think that they should have a fair amount of experience through doing some lower level league racing before they jump in with the top level racers.

What I'm trying to say is mainly aimed at the team managers more than anyone else. When I was just getting in to racing, I was offered the chance to race igtc without any experience of competitive racing and I screwed up, see it's not the drivers fault for entering, simply because 90% of drivers wouldn't turn down the offer, but it's the team managers who should take note of experience and not use the only competitive series in LFS at the moment as a practice ground.

Apologies if I've chatted bollocks, blame it on trying to write a lot on a phone :|
I think we're being a bit rough on LLM.

I didn't have any problems with them apart from one time.
But that's two less than numerous of other teams.

I think in general for this type of league, the current experience percentage vs. general respect on track is simply too low, it is a team championship so you would expect different personalities off track... And that means the same on track, and really it wasn't all drivers that was shit from LLM GT1 car. but there was one and I have no idea who it was nor do I have interest in it, but he never caused me problems, Only Ray caused me problems once of the main straightaway but myeh.

I can truly understand the frustrations of Team Vires, after have a too close to call 'win' wrapped up, it's truly sad and unlucky that they had a come together with another teams car, even more unfortunate that, that happened to be, what seemed to them, the most controversial GT1 car.

But I think all of us are eliminating the fact that it's racing, and sometimes shit doesn't happen, Racing Happens.
Simple things like a spin, a door bang, is as much of a mistake as scraping the wall on the exit of turns.

Let people learn, and of course I'm also more interested in a higher level of drivers, but simply as the state of LFS is right now, that's simply not happening, but bashing the shit out of the peoples who try, is shooting ourselves in the foot with surgeon precision.

my 2 cents.
both Sean and Dustin make a good point here. It's a hard subject. Should we allow "slow" drivers to participate in this league or not. IMO if the "slow" drivers get enough practice in following up blue flags properly, they should be able to race. But they can't practice it themselves. There should be someone helping them. Now LLM has a lot of drivers to help the 72 car and ray, but maybe some other teams don't have that luxury. Do not be afraid to ask people to help. Although there is big rivalry between the top teams, they still are kind enough (I hope) to help them slower teams out with that kind of stuff.

I started out with the SGP team as a "slower team" and we (or just damian) caused a lot of trouble, also with blue flags and not knowing how to yield to them. LLM one day helped us out and he noticed also that we were driving on a very very bad set. He was about 2 seconds slower than me on our set. That way he found out, that I wasn't that bad of a driver and offered a place in his team. Look where I'm at now.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 : He was about 2 seconds slower than me on our set. That we he found out, that I wasn't that bad of a driver and offered a place in his team. Look where I'm at now.

If I may say, if you want some of your slower drivers to learn how to navigate blue flags, get the replay and watch the #61 car, even though they were well off pace, they did their own thing and made sure to give plenty of room to passing cars. For me atleast, I didn't have a single problem with them.

And practice in the gtws server! Dennis is handing out sets, and so many of the sets we are using are all off the same base setup, so what is there to worry about someone ripping it. If they can't drive, taking your setup won't help them. I practiced on the server for round 2 for a good 2 weeks and with some help from tomek and a bunch of other people, I went from doing 1:11.7's to 1:10.5's, .3's off pole for gt2
Quote from Dennis93 :I think we're being a bit rough on LLM.

That is true, yes, but it seems that they always end up in the thick of it, a lot of the time it is preventable. I will explain myself in more detail after work
Quote from Yuusei :

And practice in the gtws server! Dennis is handing out sets, and so many of the sets we are using are all off the same base setup, so what is there to worry about someone ripping it. If they can't drive, taking your setup won't help them. I practiced on the server for round 2 for a good 2 weeks and with some help from tomek and a bunch of other people, I went from doing 1:11.7's to 1:10.5's, .3's off pole for gt2

As Joe says.

I don't think there is anyone on the NDR servers who are not willing to help..

okay maybe setups has always been a difficult thing, But I'm willing to share most of the setups I build up towards the race, and I do also enjoy talking to people about how setups work, and how to understand setups.

So just friggen ASK, it's not our fault your not up to pace. (Wherever you go, whatever you do
I will be right here, waiting for you)
Quote from Dennis93 :(Wherever you go, whatever you do I will be right here, waiting for you)

And trust me, Dennis is gentle.

GT World Series 2014: Round 3 Race Discussion
(110 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG