The online racing simulator
Amazon Prime Air
(25 posts, started )
Amazon Prime Air
It's a neat idea, but it will only provide more fatness to the muricans.

Besides, where has all the patience gone? I find no problem waiting more than a week for an order.
This is an incredible idea, it's just a pity I can't see it happening in soviet Finland in the next 20 years.

Quote from nikopdr :Besides, where has all the patience gone? I find no problem waiting more than a week for an order.

TIL genuine urgency doesn't exist anymore.
murica bein murica
Hope they seriously thought this through, i can see it going wrong on so many levels.
I'd set a trap for the copter, and keep it (in a lead box to begin with). Muhahahhahahahaha

Wonder what percentage of the population live within 10 miles or so of an Amazon hub.
Quote from Matrixi :TIL genuine urgency doesn't exist anymore.

Surely there must be places/shops in murica you can turn towards in an urgent problem?

Dealing with Itella I have always needed the patience. The goods move inside Finland for a week, when it comes from Germany in 1-3 days. It's not a problem for me, but if I need to get stuff done faster, even here in countryside I can find the stuff I need rather easily.

Amazon's idea sounds great but I'm still a bit skeptical. I have no belief that it would work out. Apart from having warehouses all across the USA with easy access/transport solution for the average Joe out there.

Besides, truck transport is still a solution I would rather rely on. This won't most likely happen in Finland, but still the technology needs to move forward before it would work out, the whole concept seems too optimistic.
My initial reaction to this was that it's an April Fool. As Boris says the potential for it all to go horribly wrong is huge.

Unmanned drones flying in a built-up area? All it takes is a gust of wind and someone's going to get a propellor in the face.
I'm totally building my own SAM site, just think about all the free stuff...
I reckon it's all bullshit and is just a savvy peice of marketing to get everyone talking about Amazon in the run-up to Christmas.
Quote from Matrixi :I'm totally building my own SAM site, just think about all the free stuff...

You know you could just steal from a delivery van?

I really doubt that this will take off.
Quote from sinbad :You know you could just steal from a delivery van?

As I remember, the last time someone stole from your postal services the thiefs were hunted for years...
The solution is simple - arm the drones...
Quote from nikopdr :It's a neat idea, but it will only provide more fatness to the muricans.

Besides, where has all the patience gone? I find no problem waiting more than a week for an order.

How would this bring more fatness? This would be equal fatness as a delivery truck.

As for patience: I absolutely love Prime. Whether it be a computer part (hard drive, charger) or something more important (birthday gift), 2 day has saved my buns many times. Having it in 30 minutes would be awesome. My parents also use it to deliver hard to get parts to their mechanic shop. 7.99 one day shipping is great.

Quote from tristancliffe :
Wonder what percentage of the population live within 10 miles or so of an Amazon hub.

If/when they decide to expand to Europe / UK I think it would affect a lot of people.
Air Traffic Controllers nightmare, all these "unmanned" drones flying around with suspect packages on them LOL.

ATC: Identify yourself !!
Drone: No reply
ATC Last Chance, Identify yourself !!
Drone: No Reply
ATC. Scamble jets and intercept.........

BOOM!!!!!!

Customer: Where is my delivery, you promised 10mins
Amazon: Sorry your parcel has been intercepted

Quote from Fordman :Air Traffic Controllers nightmare, all these "unmanned" drones flying around with suspect packages on them LOL.

ATC: Identify yourself !!
Drone: No reply
ATC Last Chance, Identify yourself !!
Drone: No Reply
ATC. Scamble jets and intercept.........

BOOM!!!!!!

Customer: Where is my delivery, you promised 10mins
Amazon: Sorry your parcel has been intercepted

lol!
Quote from nikopdr :Besides, where has all the patience gone? I find no problem waiting more than a week for an order.

Here in the West people are beginning to assume next day delivery as standard and are surprised when we have to pay for it. Worse, it's becoming harder to compete with the big guys who are able to do it with orders up to 9 or 10pm. You can even buy white goods on same day delivery.

Unless of course you are Scottish, which may as well be Siberia as far as internet delivery goes.
the cons outweigh the pros like a American to a Ariel Atom.
I have this distinct vision of a bunch of RC geeks sitting in a room and piloting these drones, delighted by the fact that they are finally getting paid for it.
Quote from nikopdr :It's a neat idea, but it will only provide more fatness to the muricans.

How's that? You know it could be delivering exercise equipment - like the Shake Weight? or the Thigh Master? But you never thought of that, did you?
Nah, you're just another greasy foreign kid from some third world country. somewhere out by Canada or Africa or somewhere.
Hell, I probably hired your cousin out of a Home Depot parking lot to cut my grass a couple a times.
Quote from Racer Y :How's that? You know it could be delivering exercise equipment - like the Shake Weight? or the Thigh Master? But you never thought of that, did you?
Nah, you're just another greasy foreign kid from some third world country. somewhere out by Canada or Africa or somewhere.
Hell, I probably hired your cousin out of a Home Depot parking lot to cut my grass a couple a times.

What a terrible idea this is. I can just imagine the slightest wind and you have tumbling high velocity blades spinning towards main streets.
Quote from Bmxtwins :What a terrible idea this is. I can just imagine the slightest wind and you have tumbling high velocity blades spinning towards main streets.

Amazon Prime Air
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG