The online racing simulator
2014 IndyCar Season
(24 posts, started )
2014 IndyCar Season
Starting off a little early with the annoucement of two new rookies to the 2014 season: Carlos Munoz and Mikhail Aleshin.

The surprise sign of the year so far has to go to Aleshin. I thought and outside chance to get into IndyCar would be Narain Karthikeyan or Sam Bird but Aleshin really came out of nowhere (source: http://www.spmindycar.com/mikh ... r-in-2014-indycar-season/)

Looks to be an interesting season next year... Luca Filippi is supposedly close to signing with BHA and Sage Karam looks likely to move into IndyCar as well. Only thing not really that exciting is the 2014 schedule but it is noted that 2014 is meant to be a transitional year for 2015: full aero kits and more international venues.
Apparently Sergio Perez is considering a seat if nothing comes up for F1...
Same for Di Resta?
Di Resta would stand a better chance at getting the no. 10 for sure. Depends on who gets the force india/lotus rides
Yup, both di Resta and Perez have stated their interest in IndyCar. Actually a bunch of Euro ladder drivers have mentioned it.

Amongst di Resta and Perez, Antonio Felix de Costa, Narain Karthikeyan, Karun Chandhok, and Sam Bird have all expressed interest in moving over. Personally I think di Resta, Bird, and Perez would be fantastic additions and would greatly strengthen the indy field
Aleshin should be fast. Apparently was within a couple of tenths of Pagenaud at the Sebring test. Former WSbR champ so he should be quick.
Or di Resta could return to DTM, maybe?
Watch electronic cigarettes are the new tobacco advertising.

I like.
What happens if the Tobacco companies move to E-cigs?
Quote from JackDaMaster :Aleshin should be fast. Apparently was within a couple of tenths of Pagenaud at the Sebring test. Former WSbR champ so he should be quick.

He's decent but look at the guys he beat in WSbR. Esteban Guerrieri would have won the championship if he'd done all of the rounds.

Aleshin is a strange one, on his day he's super quick, but more often than not hes just another car on the grid.
Quote from BlueFlame :He's decent but look at the guys he beat in WSbR. Esteban Guerrieri would have won the championship if he'd done all of the rounds.

Aleshin is a strange one, on his day he's super quick, but more often than not hes just another car on the grid.

He beat Dan Ricciardo to the title in 2010.
Just another example of blueflame's intelligence.
Quote from BlueFlame :Only because Ricciardo's reseults were inconsistent as ****. Did you not follow the series back then? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIftZ1IwThc

I followed the series back then, Ricciardos pace was ultimate that season as he poled most of the races, but he was pretty rough in the races.

But regardless Aleshin did beat him and had the pace at key moments of that season, and thats the point, its not like Ricciardo didn't do all the races either because he did.

I would rate him slightly lower then Pantano as a driver but it would add alot of depth to the talent of indycar tbh.
Even I have beaten Aleshin... Come on!

It's just another great example of how deep his pockets are.
Quote from Dennis93 :Even I have beaten Aleshin... Come on!

It's just another great example of how deep his pockets are.

Well that's doing yourself a disservice because unlike others you have more talent than you have money. He's just about decent but then he should be. He's been racing single seaters for like.... what 10 years now?
How is that doing Dennis a disservice? If he's better than Aleshin he has a shot anywheres then.
Quote from Bmxtwins :How is that doing Dennis a disservice? If he's better than Aleshin he has a shot anywheres then.

Because he's saying Aleshin is only there because of his money rather than talent and then said 'even I have beaten him' suggesting humility and humble reflection on his own ability. I mean I know you're American but surely you understand the concept of a person being humble or even showing humility.
I took it more as Dennis saying that he, who does not have extreme financial backing, and hasn't had as much top experience could beat Aleshin. He never said he was slow.... jesus.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I took it more as Dennis saying that he, who does not have extreme financial backing, and hasn't had as much top experience could beat Aleshin. He never said he was slow.... jesus.

You don't understand what's being said here, so better not reply.
if dennis came to indycar I would have someone to root for lol

2014 IndyCar Season
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG