The online racing simulator
Method of Racing
(13 posts, started )
Method of Racing
The race method at the moment is..
- 10min Practise
- 15min Qualifing (gets split into 2 groups A & B)
- 20 lap group A (grid positions from qual)
- 20 lap group A (reversed grid positions from qual)
- 20 lap group B (grid positions from qual)
- 20 lap group B (reversed grid positions from qual)
- 30 lap Final A & B (top 50% from each group go into the final)

Would this be better?
- 10min Practise
- 30 lap Race

please post your suggestion
Quote from Arrow. : Would this be better?
- 10min Practise
- 30 lap Race

Does that mean that both group A & B have a 30 lap race separately? How are you gonna give points then?

I`d prefer this method:
- 10min Practice
- 15min Qualify (no splitting into groups)
- 30 or 40 lap Race (the grid based on the results of the qualy)
Easy and understandable to everybody.

But what do I know...
Why u want to split up, i want a full grid! Or u dont have a server that can handle? We could try my host then.
we were going to split them up but now we have a 23slot server thanks to rev
so no need for splitting up the groups

good suggestion Kalev

- 10min Practice
- 15min Qualify
- 30 or 40 lap Race

What do you all think of this?
How many laps?
I actually think the amount of laps should vary depending on the average lap time on that track. Some tracks take under a minute to get around and some take over 2 minutes. It would mean pritty big differences in the amount of time for a race. I think the number of laps should be set on each track individually so that the race lenght would be about the same. I suggest it would be about 45 minutes long.

For example:
SO Classic - lap time ~1 min - 45 laps
KY National rev - lap time ~2 min 20 sec - 20 laps

Just my humble opinion.
Quote from Kalev EST :I actually think the amount of laps should vary depending on the average lap time on that track. Some tracks take under a minute to get around and some take over 2 minutes. It would mean pritty big differences in the amount of time for a race. I think the number of laps should be set on each track individually so that the race lenght would be about the same. I suggest it would be about 45 minutes long.

For example:
SO Classic - lap time ~1 min - 45 laps
KY National rev - lap time ~2 min 20 sec - 20 laps

Just my humble opinion.

Totally agree and 45 mins is long enough 4 me also.
good idea Kalev once again ok
so make the max race time: 45minutes?

so 30 laps for blackwood
Sounds good to me.
i think the 15mins long qualy could be a bit short if 23 wannawin racers attack the track btw, we should make a test race some day to see how it works
IMO you need to race for atleast 1 hour, it splits the men from the boys... Concentration levels etc... And its more fun...

Also good for tactics etc... we surely need some pitstops... 2 would be nice...

this makes a total of 1 and a half hour of racing time in total thats not much but enough...
Quote from Koopa :IMO you need to race for atleast 1 hour, it splits the men from the boys... Concentration levels etc... And its more fun...

Also good for tactics etc... we surely need some pitstops... 2 would be nice...

this makes a total of 1 and a half hour of racing time in total thats not much but enough...

You can run the XFG without a pitstop for 2 hours. The tyres last a full tank easily. You want two pitstops so you want a 6 hour race?illepall
Quote from Kalev EST :You can run the XFG without a pitstop for 2 hours. The tyres last a full tank easily. You want two pitstops so you want a 6 hour race?illepall

he meant 1,5 h race w 2 stops. pitting is fun, and is real, so count it in 1 hour should be fine(its still a short race imo), but it depends on the others..
the whole round is 1hr 10mins...if
you all wanted a 1 hour race it would be around 45 laps...?

Method of Racing
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG