The online racing simulator
Quote from S.E.T.H on the other thread :and some proofs already for the people;

http://uppit.com/s07zpgrplyl4/proof_1.mpr
http://uppit.com/8p86v3vjzoeo/proof_2.mpr

second replay watch the end. the other guy we mention as michael is o.versteer see how fast he is. i am not saying he is fast only because he uses the mode, but he wont be as fast without it (yes i am). and that means he gets advantage (no i don't). he told me himself that he is using forces view (yes i did because i remembered you from last year's thread).

stahp plis!
i need forces view to keep frame rates playable on my craptop.
all your theories about this view have been proven wrong.
Quote from O.Versteer :stahp plis!
i need forces view to keep frame rates playable on my craptop.
all your theories about this view have been proven wrong.

actually, no. you really need forces view to keep the frame rates high? because lfs has so much graphic effects and so hard on the computer right? the graphics have been the same since 2005 which means, 8 years? you have a laptop from what, ancient times?

do you wanna race me in a FCW server, and do the same laptimes in there or your frame rate wont let you in a server with just 2 cars? :grumpy:

Quote from Anthoop :

I say ban the mouse before killing off alternative veiws.

a keyboard user will be faster with mouse, a mouse driver will be faster with wheel. so a mouse driver can only get dis-advantage using it. on the other hand forces view will give you advantage.
Quote from S.E.T.H :actually, no. you really need forces view to keep the frame rates high? because lfs has so much graphic effects and so hard on the computer right? the graphics have been the same since 2005 which means, 8 years? you have a laptop from what, ancient times?

This has been a well known trick for years and it was quite effective back in the days when LFS didn't support HVS. He doesn't have to have an ancient laptop, just one with a very poor graphics card such as some PowerVR based Intel GPUs.

Quote from S.E.T.H :
a keyboard user will be faster with mouse, a mouse driver will be faster with wheel. so a mouse driver can only get dis-advantage using it. on the other hand forces view will give you advantage.

This is again just a notion which you don't back up with any facts. If you look at the Hotlap charts, you'll see that there is a considerable amount of mousers in top 10 on most Car/Track combos. WR on BW GP/FO8 is held by a mouser.

there are no FCV servers becaues it excludes those with custom views. and drivers who race with racing line enabled
even i switch back and forth between custom and cockpit view to turn on/off mirrors. on straights i can turn off forces to avoid the front wing force obscuring my view.
i may switch to heli cam to check surrounding cars or even tab into other cars (how unrealistic!) if nothing's happening around me on straights.

there is really no advantage in forces view. don't look at your front tyres while cornering, instead get a feel how wide your car is.
Attached images
fffuuuuu-.jpg
thumbsup.jpg
Quote from S.E.T.H :

incorrect
S.E.T.H,

you are one funny guy, now please, stahp
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :incorrect

no, it is correct

most of the WR holders are wheel drivers. not just that, mouse drivers have 2 throttle options: on and off, have 2 braking options: brake on, or no brake at all! whereas wheel users can adjust them in slow corners, going much faster and smoother. tyre usage is also huge advantage because with mouse no matter how smooth you try to drive, your soft tyres will be finished in couple of laps. even in an hotlap if your set is adjusted for hotlaps you will lose your tyres before you finish the lap.

Quote from O.Versteer :

there are no FCV servers becaues it excludes those with custom views. and drivers who race with racing line enabled
even i switch back and forth between custom and cockpit view to turn on/off mirrors. on straights i can turn off forces to avoid the front wing force obscuring my view.
i may switch to heli cam to check surrounding cars or even tab into other cars (how unrealistic!) if nothing's happening around me on straights.

there is really no advantage in forces view. don't look at your front tyres while cornering, instead get a feel how wide your car is.

i can get such fps rates even without changing my pc. run multiple games or use the onboard graphics card its very easy. if you can afford internet i am sure you can afford a pc that can run a game with 8 years old graphics.

so dont get vex when i say you cant do the same times in a fcv enabled server. its not about the frame rates. you just wont be able to do it. even if you had a laptop that would give you the standard 60 fps on the highest graphic effects, you wouldnt be able to do the same laptimes with force cockpit view. its just so clear and dont worry dido_bmw is doing the same like you. thats why only both of you are faster than the rest. maybe there are forces view users that are slow i dont know. what i know clearly is; even if you had the fps rate you wanted, in a FCV server you will not even get close to the times you make in regular servers.

Forces view is neither a view to drive nor a helper for people with lower pc specialties. it IS a car analyser and thats the way it should stay, and it should be used for the mentioned purpose. ''my pc is bad so i need to use it'' its just an excuse. if you dont have a pc that can run such a low spec sim properly just leave, or just admit you are that fast because of that mode.
so this is how S.E.T.H drive in real life

sorry for offtopic

@S.E.T.H
Just answer this, when you drive your real car in real life how do you do it?, since you cant see the wheels of the car at any moment unless you pullout your head over the windows and see it..?

serioulsy

Flame, plz close this thread, is a waste of bits
Quote from Inouva :so this is how S.E.T.H drive in real life

sorry for offtopic

@S.E.T.H
Just answer this, when you drive your real car in real life how do you do it?, since you cant see the wheels of the car at any moment unless you pullout your head over the windows and see it..?

serioulsy

Flame, plz close this thread, is a waste of bits

no, its a serious discussion about the sim itself. but for sure it tastes bad when kids like you come around and try to be stand up comedians.
Maybe a major reason why force view is no real part of LFS racing is that you cannot race with it. With not seeing the edges of the cars around you, you are either good at guessing, or you leave it off, as you have fights doorhandle to doorhandle. Moreover, FCV has nothing to do with force mode, as it is not covered by the FCV rules.
Quote from TFalke55 :Maybe a major reason why force view is no real part of LFS racing is that you cannot race with it. With not seeing the edges of the cars around you, you are either good at guessing, or you leave it off, as you have fights doorhandle to doorhandle. Moreover, FCV has nothing to do with force mode, as it is not covered by the FCV rules.

this habit of having an opinion without the knowledge is very common here. you are still saying YOU cannot race with it while others can, and others like to see the front tyres and that are faster with this mode. what you still have to deny?

and one more opinion of yours w/o knowledge;

it IS covered with fcv rules, trust me in a fcv enabled server you cant use forces view. thats the reason ALL of the fcv servers are empty.
Quote from S.E.T.H :no, it is correct

most of the WR holders are wheel drivers. not just that, mouse drivers have 2 throttle options: on and off, have 2 braking options: brake on, or no brake at all! whereas wheel users can adjust them in slow corners, going much faster and smoother. tyre usage is also huge advantage because with mouse no matter how smooth you try to drive, your soft tyres will be finished in couple of laps. even in an hotlap if your set is adjusted for hotlaps you will lose your tyres before you finish the lap.

Did you know that you could use a mouse to steer and pedals for throttle/brake and a button for clutch and it will tell you "W"...wheel...?
Did you know that there are many way to make it look like you are using a wheel?
Did you try changing your button rate at all (for throttle/brake (presuming you are using mouse))?

If you have only driven the mileage/cars/tracks that I can see from looking at your LFS data....then I would say you have a lot to learn young padawan....it is a great game...have fun.
Quote from Anthoop :Did you know that you could use a mouse to steer and pedals for throttle/brake and a button for clutch and it will tell you "W"...wheel...?
Did you know that there are many way to make it look like you are using a wheel?
Did you try changing your button rate at all (for throttle/brake (presuming you are using mouse))?

If you have only driven the mileage/cars/tracks that I can see from looking at your LFS data....then I would say you have a lot to learn young padawan....it is a great game...have fun.

1- well, its the same as low degree wheel yet, you still need to be more sensible with mouse.
2- then this should be fixed, fight for it like i do. but in your thread.
3- try to go half-throttle for 2 seconds using this so called button rate. it is nothing. even if it would work like you imagined in your mind, i'd have to change it to 10.00 on the straights, then back to 5.00 on certain turns. however, button rate is just the time you hit the gas pedal, it doesnt give 100% for the first moment, after that it IS like 100%.

all in all, button control rate has no use unless your car oversteers under acceleration, you can make it 2.00 so it will give your car lower power for a very very short amount of time when you hit the throttle.
Quote from S.E.T.H :this habit of having an opinion without the knowledge is very common here. you are still saying YOU cannot race with it while others can, and others like to see the front tyres and that are faster with this mode. what you still have to deny?

and one more opinion of yours w/o knowledge;

it IS covered with fcv rules, trust me in a fcv enabled server you cant use forces view. thats the reason ALL of the fcv servers are empty.

ok, sorry my bad, it is covered. Still I do race in a fcv league which has seen grid sizes of 20 this season. Still you are not faster with force view then with tyres only in custom view, where you also just see the tyres. Yet, if someone uses force view, all cars loose their visiual dimensions which will, unless you are good at guessing these. At the end of the day, driving is less of seeing but more of feeling the track. In DTM or in formula cars in real life, the guys don't see the track, as the edge of the cockpits are usually in the visual horizon.
Quote from TFalke55 :ok, sorry my bad, it is covered. Still I do race in a fcv league which has seen grid sizes of 20 this season. Still you are not faster with force view then with tyres only in custom view, where you also just see the tyres. Yet, if someone uses force view, all cars loose their visiual dimensions which will, unless you are good at guessing these. At the end of the day, driving is less of seeing but more of feeling the track. In DTM or in formula cars in real life, the guys don't see the track, as the edge of the cockpits are usually in the visual horizon.

-i am talking on behalf of mouse and keyboard drivers;

i tried this, when you use the tyre view, you dont feel the car or the direction of your car as good as you do in forces view. i tried to help it using the virtual steering gauge but it is nowhere as good as seeing the wheel itself. seeing only tyres makes you lose it. you totally lose the direction of your car, if you have a wheel you probably wont lose the direction of the car. but with mouse it is totally impossible to drive with only tyres view.
I honestly don't know if I should laugh or feel sad for you. These are some VERY bad arguments...

Quote from S.E.T.H :no, it is correct

Be that as it may, your assumption that the wheel will automatically make you faster than a mouse or keyboard is wrong. Let's look at some hard numbers. A racer names Ulisse drove hotlaps on KY Oval in all cars available in S2. These are his stats:

Top 10
Mouse: 9
Wheel: 11

Top 3
Mouse: 9
Wheel: 11

2nd
Mouse: 3
Wheel: 4

1st
Mouse: 5
Wheel: 6

I realize that one guy does not make any meaningful statistics, but it shows that at least SOME people can be just as fast with wheel as with mouse. This disproves your claim that wheel is inherently faster.

Quote from S.E.T.H :
if you can afford internet i am sure you can afford a pc that can run a game with 8 years old graphics.

My Internet connection costs about 1000 CZK per month whereas even the cheapest and crappiest laptop costs about 6000 CZK. This is in direct contradiction with your claim that if one can afford broadband Internet connection one must also be able to afford a new computer. (Not to mention that my connection is a rather expensive one and that a 6k CZK laptop with an Atom CPU might not run LFS particularly well.)

Quote from S.E.T.H :
''my pc is bad so i need to use it'' its just an excuse. if you dont have a pc that can run such a low spec sim properly just leave, or just admit you are that fast because of that mode.

There is no defined way to play LFS properly. People are free to enjoy LFS in any way the please as long as they don't break EULA.
Quote from S.E.T.H :-i am talking on behalf of mouse and keyboard drivers;

i tried this, when you use the tyre view, you dont feel the car or the direction of your car as good as you do in forces view. i tried to help it using the virtual steering gauge but it is nowhere as good as seeing the wheel itself. seeing only tyres makes you lose it. you totally lose the direction of your car, if you have a wheel you probably wont lose the direction of the car. but with mouse it is totally impossible to drive with only tyres view.

I did drive with tyres only when I moused, never had those problems of loosing the direction of the car. I actually needed it to get a precise feedback of where I'm steering to. Force mode never played any role because I hated it for the lack of visual dimensions when racing with other cars. The own dimensions are pretty much expectable, that's what brings you through traffic jams without hitting other cars on the motorways
Quote from MadCatX :I honestly don't know if I should laugh or feel sad for you. These are some VERY bad arguments...

Be that as it may, your assumption that the wheel will automatically make you faster than a mouse or keyboard is wrong. Let's look at some hard numbers. A racer names Ulisse drove hotlaps on KY Oval in all cars available in S2. These are his stats:

There is no defined way to play LFS properly. People are free to enjoy LFS in any way the please as long as they don't break EULA.

hehe, you are funny to prove how mouse is fast you are showing me an oval track, in which there is almost no braking and accelerating, the areas where wheel users get the real advantage in

that is really pathetic of you to show me an oval track hotlap. you are the same guy right, the guy who raced 3 years ago in lfs, so bored that only coming on forums to ''laugh'' at someone make fun or talk. i am here to play this sim, you are here to chat. go find a chatroom please. anyway. we can get back to the topic.

there are defined views for sure, and forces view is to analyse the car, it is not designed so people with lower pc specs can play. nor its designed as a view. its a car analyser and that is it.
Quote from S.E.T.H :hehe, you are funny to prove how mouse is fast you are showing me an oval track, in which there is almost no braking and accelerating, the areas where wheel users get the real advantage in

Are you purposely picking messages that you can try and justify your opinion with?

As someone else mentioned, the Fo8 wr at bl1 is set with mouse, not an easy combo...
Quote from GAVD999 :Are you purposely picking messages that you can try and justify your opinion with?

As someone else mentioned, the Fo8 wr at bl1 is set with mouse, not an easy combo...

and how many other hardest wrs are set by wheel?

i tell you the lfs' hardest combo; fbm+blackwood; first top 7 = wheel.

most of the WRs = wheel.

simply compare wheel and mouse = turning: almost same
throttle: wheel is advantaged, mouse has throttle on and off
braking: wheel is advantaged, mouse has brake on and off.
wheel: you can feel, mouse: you cant feel.

that is not my point actually. i should be racing with a wheel so its my fault i am not. so we can just head back to the topic.
Quote from S.E.T.H :i tell you the lfs' hardest combo; fbm+blackwood; first top 7 = wheel.

How can you say that that is the hardest combo? Have you ever tried the FO8 or the FZR?

Quote from S.E.T.H :that is not my point actually. i should be racing with a wheel so its my fault i am not. so we can just head back to the topic.

That's what you say. I bet, noone will ever force you to switch to wheel
Quote from S.E.T.H :hehe, you are funny to prove how mouse is fast you are showing me an oval track, in which there is almost no braking and accelerating, the areas where wheel users get the real advantage in

BW GP/FO8, SO Chicane rev/LX4 and SO Chicane rev/XRG have WR's set by a mouser. The are also some very solid mouse times set by pajkul and _Mateusz_ for instance, especially on FE rally cross combos. There are also many more hotlaps driven by wheelers in general which logically leads to more WR's set with a wheel.

Quote from S.E.T.H :
that is really pathetic of you to show me an oval track hotlap. you are the same guy right, the guy who raced 3 years ago in lfs, so bored that only coming on forums to ''laugh'' at someone make fun or talk. i am here to play this sim, you are here to chat. go find a chatroom please. anyway. we can get back to the topic.

A) I've just provided you with a list of very fast mouse times.
B) My motivation to visit LFSF does not make my opinions any less valid, nor does the time since my last race online.
C) I don't think we've ever left the topic, we simply widened it to juxtapose your claim about force view with other features of LFS that might be considered illegal tricks.
D) Since when is not a discussion board a form of a chatroom?

Quote from S.E.T.H :
there are defined views for sure, and forces view is to analyse the car, it is not designed so people with lower pc specs can play. nor its designed as a view. its a car analyser and that is it.

Defined views don't mean defined ways to play LFS. Your whole argument comes down to "I don't want to drive in force view because I don't like it and I want to impose this restriction on others because I think it gives them some sort of advantage." That's a very selfish attitude IMHO...
Quote from MadCatX : "I don't want to drive in force view because I don't like it and I want to impose this restriction on others because I think it gives them some sort of advantage." That's a very selfish attitude IMHO...

well

i dont want forces view to be available while racing because its simply killing the realism and its not designed so that people can see more and drive faster in the first place. nor designed for lower spec pcs.

i cant get any constructive comments from you, you are going to lfsw and trying several minutes looking for wrs set by mouse. you find 3-5 hotlaps and you are happy. if i try for an hour i can put hundreds of hardest toughest freaking wrs set by wheel users and what, i will win then? do you need me to do this really? i am telling you simply, wheel is simply an advantage over mouse and there are several reasons. and most of the mouse drivers will be faster with wheel. only if they can get a proper one. e.g if i had a proper wheel i'd not be disadvantaged and be slower with this silly mouse.

anyway, i told you, you last raced 3 years ago. which means the last time (1.5-2yrs ago) i was talking about this mode you werent even racing back then! wow. you probably forgot about the sim already and you are hungry for more answers as you are here to talk. yet i am here to let the devs know a glitch about their game, they developed forces view so people can analyse their car and act accordingly, but some users are abusing the view to drive faster. ignoring the skins created by other users, and getting unfair advantage. so, i hope you can get answers from other people and write more. because that one is my last to you :wave2:
???

Well, he finds things from other world, not a big deal

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG