The online racing simulator
Quote from BlackEye :Scawen did some moderation on iRacing thread yesterday.

Excuse me while I don my flame-proof trousers.
#102 - col
Quote from BlackEye :Or if you search for their posts, you'll see their activity.
For example, Scawen did some moderation on iRacing thread yesterday.

Nobody is dead.

Nope, he's not dead, quite the opposite - he's been tweeting a lot about mountain-biking.
Quote from col :Nope, he's not dead, quite the opposite - he's been tweeting a lot about mountain-biking.

So he is choosing to ignore us, how professional.
Or, the other (more likely) option is that there's nothing to give a progress report on.

Do we really care to hear reports that say "I tried something new with the tyres, it didn't work as well as anticipated".

Scawen has (for the most part) given reports only when there's actual progress that are staged as "complete". One of the few times that he's jumped the gun has been the Scirocco, and look at what's happened. YEARS of bored people whining about it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Or, the other (more likely) option is that there's nothing to give a progress report on.

Do we really care to hear reports that say "I tried something new with the tyres, it didn't work as well as anticipated".

Scawen has (for the most part) given reports only when there's actual progress that are staged as "complete". One of the few times that he's jumped the gun has been the Scirocco, and look at what's happened. YEARS of bored people whining about it.

Maybe it's time to try a new tactic. Instead of making the same threads over and over and over again, we all need to move the fight directly to the Devs Inbox: REMOVED
Neat idea - post devs e-mail adress for spambots!

Quote from edge3147 :Maybe it's time to try a new tactic. Instead of making the same threads over and over and over again, we all need to move the fight directly to the Devs Inbox: REMOVED

They don't even look at their inbox.

And what's to fight? If you want updates go to another sim nobody is stopping you. The developers owe us nothing, stop acting like you have a god given right to demand things from people.
Quote from edge3147 :Maybe it's time to try a new tactic. Instead of making the same threads over and over and over again, we all need to move the fight directly to the Devs Inbox: REMOVED

Or try this tactic, forget about s3 and enjoy lfs as its is, And i dont think the Devs will appreciate being nagged about something thats not happening yet.Or find a hobby or a life
Quote from b1kzit :They don't even look at their inbox.

And what's to fight? If you want updates go to another sim nobody is stopping you. The developers owe us nothing, stop acting like you have a god given right to demand things from people.

Either post from your S2 account or buy the game. Nobody wants to hear crap from a demo user.
Quote from edge3147 :Either post from your S2 account or buy the game. Nobody wants to hear crap from a demo user.

His post makes a damn sight more sense than yours
Quote from jjones :Or try this tactic, forget about s3 and enjoy lfs as its is, And i dont think the Devs will appreciate being nagged about something thats not happening yet.Or find a hobby or a life

Why would I want to go play a sim with crappy physics in comparison to LFS? Is it too much to ask for a 1-2 paragraph update that gives some hint at whether or not progress is actually being made or we are just funding the lives of the 3 people responsible for this community because they have found other things to do than actually work and have something to show for the money that has been given to them?

At this point, LFS is just some unfinished project that is doing nothing but provide a living for the devs and being a laughing stalk among the other sim communities.
Quote from b1kzit :They don't even look at their inbox.

Spamming their inbox is not a productive tactic either, unless our objective is to piss them off and have them disable their email, only allowing the contact form on the LFS site as a method of contact.

Also, I'm sure that they do read their email, but the emails they receive, for the most part, are so ridiculous or poorly written that they're not even worth a response! The amount of insanity that's displayed in the forum over an update that adds an Oval and a FWD road car with tonnes of electronic assists is ridiculous!

It would be one thing if we had a few sweet other tracks announced, but the only content — other than revised physics, where LFS is still fantastic on that front — that is scheduled to be included is a boring FWD car and an oval. Why are you all going so brain dead over an update with mostly inconsequential content?

LFS' physics are already so significantly better than (most of, NKP :heart the competition, 8 YEARS AFTER RELEASE, the fact that everyone is so gung-ho about a physics update being somehow revolutionary are seriously deluded. They've somehow convinced themselves that new physics will be this transformation of LFS. Content is what will cause a transformation in LFS. We need more tracks than anything. Tyre physics are (mostly) fantastic, but when running a 10 round series involves returning to the same environment 4 times (LFSCART), there's a seriously need for more tracks.

To quote Eric:

Quote from Eric :If you prefer to stick around and moan endlessly about things you can't change or encourage some kind of weird witch hunt against your least favourite Dev,......maybe you need to check your mental health or get a life. LFS can't help you with that, no matter how good it gets.

Quote from edge3147 :Either post from your S2 account or buy the game. Nobody wants to hear crap from a demo user.

Bought the game, played for 4 years, got a new account, played for a further 2 years and run one of the most successful teams in LFS. That's a total of 6 years, felt I had to spell that out. So don't play the "i've played longer than you" game - I know a damn sight more about this sim than you do.

But it's cute to see that you have to resort to prejudice.
Why do some people take it to the extreme here, this is positive thread, spamming the inbox or what ever of the Devs is neither a wise one or good choice.

At least we know one thing out of that post.....Scawen is reading this thread, I just hope he see's that we are just trying to be positive and get an answer for a very valid question. There is no animosity here

Fordie
Quote from col :Total BS, What you did was not 'conversation', it was just a feeble attempt to turn a thread with value into another pointless 'lets attack the devs' slagging fest.

I see, so free speech is now just another attempt to attack devs if there is something that critizes them...

You sir seem a bit angry, taking this way too personally & need to relax and think a little about what has happened with the developement of this game.... open your eyes and stop attacking people like you do....

Also I do not see whay we need to be soo happy and positive here? (That is if critisizing devs of the opposite of positive.)

We are ignored in the deepest of the meaning of it..... So I guess we should just smile and make some happy threads about how awesome this game is?

Fordman, are you seriously thinking that if Scawen sees this "positive" thread with so happy posts, he will give you the answers you are eager to see?

Darn, am I being negative here?
#117 - col
Quote from Californian :I see, so free speech is now just another attempt to attack devs if there is something that critizes them...

You sir seem a bit angry, taking this way too personally & need to relax and think a little about what has happened with the developement of this game.... open your eyes and stop attacking people like you do....
....snip....

Hmm, so your version of 'free speech' is the one where you can say whatever you like, but I'm not allowed to?
Maybe I prefer the versions of 'free speech' where I can say what I like with impunity, but you have to 'relax' and 'stop attacking people like you do' ?

:rolleyes:
Quote from Californian :
Fordman, are you seriously thinking that if Scawen sees this "positive" thread with so happy posts, he will give you the answers you are eager to see?

Darn, am I being negative here?

Do you know what, I actually give up here, trying to be positive, trying to get an answer, positive or negative answer/feedback from the creators of this great sim, for the benefit of the community. I get no personal gain from this, you need to understand this, and the only personal gain I get is to keep driving.

I can see why Scawen and Crew would not want to reply to you lot ( some of you not all I must add) as all you do is slam, moan, gimmie gimmie gimmie, where is my copy, and WTF is going on, so I bless their silence.

Oh well I tried and failed...As they say, the truth is out there......

Regards

Fordie
-
(Denny12) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
After 4 pages and no response..............................................
You need to pay attention, in my post whenever, "Blah, Blah Blah, or at least a post to show your alive"

We just had one, not in this thread, but we did still get one.

So, yes Scrawen still reads the forum, no LFS isn't dead.

Not the answer anyone wants but, as it's something I asked for, I, at least, will be satisfied ATM.

See, there can be satisfied people in this thread, you just need to have achievable goals.
Quote from jjones :Or try this tactic, forget about s3 and enjoy lfs as its is, And i dont think the Devs will appreciate being nagged about something thats not happening yet.Or find a hobby or a life __________________

:rock_band:drink:

Last edited by Scawen; Yesterday at 18:36. Reason: Really bad idea to post our tech email on the web. As you may imagine, Geraldine already has enough spam to deal with.

It seems to be that nobody recognized, that scawen edited Jjones Post So here you got sign of life from him
Quote from edge3147 :Why would I want to go play a sim with crappy physics in comparison to LFS? Is it too much to ask for a 1-2 paragraph update that gives some hint at whether or not progress is actually being made or we are just funding the lives of the 3 people responsible for this community because they have found other things to do than actually work and have something to show for the money that has been given to them?

At this point, LFS is just some unfinished project that is doing nothing but provide a living for the devs and being a laughing stalk among the other sim communities.

I do understand m8 i feel the same way, But if swawen had something to share with us he would of posted IT by now, logically he has no new news from his last post,bUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO NO HOW HE IS GETTING ON WITH HIS WORK. BUT i just enjoy lfs as it is and hope some time soon an update will be available, other sim community's talking, SO WHAT LET THEM
Quote from Be2K :It seems to be that nobody recognized, that scawen edited Jjones Post So here you got sign of life from him

I did not put that up, i was quoting/ comenting on the post it was allready on.

Scawen has removed all devs inbox email addresses from all posts, no new news boys as of yet
Now i have a splitting headache, pff
I know that Scawen checks the forums from time to time and therefore he is not dead. Does it mean he is working on the tyre physics? No. But that doesn’t solve the problem, does it? Alright, Scawen is alive. But didn’t we know it before he posted? From social networks? From the fact that he’d done the new console host two months ago? There are many cues signing he’s not dead. But I am more interested whether he’s not actually working on LFS.

So I guess some people expect Scawen to post LFS news in every new posts he makes. Well, not true
This thread is closed

Nobody has asked outright....so guess I will
(467 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG