The online racing simulator
Black Range Rover runs over bikers in NYC
(66 posts, started )
#1 - Litro
Idiots on their bikes...

I wanna see what happened next.
Saw this a while back, I'd say there's fault on both sides. Those bikers were riding like proper, proper ****s there, then again driving over people on a car the first chance you get isn't my idea of preferrable traffic behaviour either.

If the bikers had busted the cars windows and attacked the passengers the first chance they got, then sure, floor it and get out of there. But immediately gunning it over them, possibly committing manslaughter? No. Better call the cops. And Saul.
It was written on some article I read that the bikers actually started attacking at the first stop and this is why the SUV driver decided to floor it.
BigPeBe, I the link I posted:
Quote :He pulled over but some of the bikers started to damage the vehicle. The NYPD spokesman told MailOnline the driver drove off 'to avoid an impending assault'.

I wouldn't take anything daily mail writes as reliable.

But yeah, I'm definitely more on the car drivers side in this case. One of the bikers rides right in front of him and slows right down, most likely hitting the car in his stupidity. I guess that's what sparked the whole thing and the mob effect begun.
"The video was posted by a biker, under the name GIXXARDR on Liveleaks, from Melbourne, Australia, this morning. He claims one biker was killed, which the police said was not true."

Serves him right tho.
Quote :Edwin E. Mieses, 26, of 17 Bernard Ave., Nov. 28, charged with operating a motor vehicle after license was revoked, illegal possession of a Class D narcotic, operating a motor vehicle with defective equipment and on five outstanding warrants;
Arrested Again in May, Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.
In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show."

this

and

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.c ... ant-you-to-see-1435594427

and

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2e2_1380707420
I was shocked when I watched this, it's like Wolves running down an Elk or something. If you watch the start again, knowing what comes afterwards, it's clear that the bikers already have some beef with the Range Rover driver. Something, however trivial, prompted the looks across, crowding and then eventually the idiotic brake-test thing.

I don't blame the driver for doing what they did, the "gang" were asking for that, it's fight or flight. I would have made sure that the next time I stop the car is at a police station, though.
Quote from sinbad :I would have made sure that the next time I stop the car is at a police station, though.

He might have been on his way there, but got blocked by traffic.
I would have called the police, and then wait for their arrival while roaming in circles around the freeway
Quote from NitroNitrous :I would have called the police, and then wait for their arrival while roaming in circles around the freeway

according to the comments on a 10 minute youtube video thats now deleted thats exactly how the whole incident started. The driver of the Range Rover called the police on the bikers for reckless driving, was maybe a bit to open with that, they surrounded his car, forced him to stop and threatend him and his family, keyed his car and tried to slit his tires. Thats when the run over happened.
He tried to leave the highway and get to a place where would not be alone with a hundred bikers, and ran into a traffic jam, where the bikers got him, smashed the windows of the Range Rover (even those of the back seat where the 5 month old was situated), and beat up the driver.

On the biker that got run over ... don't you have to wear a helmet and protection in the US? You have to here in Germany.
Quote from ACCAkut :On the biker that got run over ... don't you have to wear a helmet and protection in the US? You have to here in Germany.

Some states have an irrational fear of paternalistic legislation like mandatory helmets for motorcycle riders and seatbelts for drivers. Some states, for instance, have a seat belt law such that an officer can't stop a driver just because they're not wearing a seat belt. However, if they get stopped for, say, running a red light and they're not wearing a seat belt then it becomes punishable.

Incidentally, I don't intend to unfairly mock the dead, but read this for an exercise in applied irony re: helmet laws.
organ donors... would have done the same as the range rover driver btw.
#20 - pipa
Is the Range Rover ok?
I never would have got off the interstate. Hate when bikers disrupt traffic when in packs. Extremely annoying.
The case for self-defense is pretty good here. Can we have a law for financial self-defense?

"I thought if I turned myself in the bikers who threatened my life would sue and extort millions of dollars from me."

I kinda like that defense actually.
Quote from PMD9409 :I never would have got off the interstate. Hate when bikers disrupt traffic when in packs. Extremely annoying.

They complain that cars don't see them and swarm around the cars absolutely carelessly.
They are correct when they say cars don't see them. That's not when they are in packs. When they are alone, cars can be serious dicks toward single riders. It's definitely not uncommon. You're making a bad comparison to be honest.
It's not really about labelling bikers as one thing and Range Rover drivers as another. It's the pack mentality multiplying their idiocy. Could have easily been a group of teenagers picking on a family in a street.

As for no helmets, that's not the brightest thing to make a stand on for the principle of freedom, but it's more kidneys and livers for the rest of us.

(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG