The online racing simulator
Webber just can't cope with the blown diffuser driving style. Get rid of them and he'd be much closer. Not that anyone could match what Vettel is doing at the moment.
Quote from sinbad :I know everyone says Webber doesn't have the car that Seb does

no... insane peoplesay that
Quote from tristancliffe :Webber just can't cope with the blown diffuser driving style. Get rid of them and he'd be much closer. Not that anyone could match what Vettel is doing at the moment.

Other way around.

In 2010, Webber got the upper hand on Vettel when the diffuser was blown, but there was no "cold" blowing. Then Renault changed their engine maps (after Vettel was taken to the cleaners in Monaco) and cold blowing neutralised his advantage letting Vettel marginally back in front. In three consecutive races near the end of the season Vettel was pole and Webber was 2nd but the total difference in their qualifying times was about a tenth of a second. Remember, it was still difficult to overtake in 2010. That's where the title went, not in the wall in Korea.

These days, the tyres are bigger factor. They suit Vettel's style more than Webber's. If we still had Bridgestones it could have been two titles each by now.
Vettel is a Red Bull wonderkid, Webber isn't. That's why its obvious where the loyalty lies. Wouldn't surprise me if Red Bull had some underground Salzburg test facility where they test on animals 'n shit.
Quote from BlueFlame :Vettel is a Red Bull wonderkid, Webber isn't. That's why its obvious where the loyalty lies. Wouldn't surprise me if Red Bull had some underground Salzburg test facility where they test on animals 'n shit.

Its funny when you remember how blueflame was talking when hamilton come to F1, but thats not because he is british or.anything.

Its pretty much exactly opposite to this, while everyone else was saying what blueflame is saying now.
Quote from Mustafur :Its funny when you remember how blueflame was talking when hamilton come to F1, but thats not because he is british or.anything.

Not sure what you're referring to, but when Hamilton first made it into F1 I actually didn't like him. In 08 and 09 he earned my respect.
I think Jacques Villeneuve would have had an easier time getting his champ than Sebastian Vettel right now :P Let's not pretend that Vettel has some kind of secret tech that no other car (including Webber) has.
Quote from lizardfolk :I think Jacques Villeneuve would have had an easier time getting his champ than Sebastian Vettel right now :P Let's not pretend that Vettel has some kind of secret tech that no other car (including Webber) has.

Well at least JV was challenged hard by Michael Schumacher. JV didn't have it as easy as Vettel does.

Vettels hardest challenge was in 2010 and the only reason he took the title is because everyone else was tripping over each other.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well at least JV was challenged hard by Michael Schumacher. JV didn't have it as easy as Vettel does.

Vettels hardest challenge was in 2010 and the only reason he took the title is because everyone else was tripping over each other.

JV had it easier, problem for him is didn't have the talent of his compeition so it was kept close.

Damon hill and JV could of easily dominated in those years they where there if they were as good as mika or shumi.

This was proven once they left Williams.
Quote from Mustafur :JV had it easier, problem for him is didn't have the talent of his compeition so it was kept close.

Damon hill and JV could of easily dominated in those years they where there if they were as good as mika or shumi.

This was proven once they left Williams.

You mean Hills almost win with the Arrows at Hungary and Hills victory in Spa?

Hill was better than JV. He challenged Schumacher in 94 and 95 quite legitimately considering the Benneton was a better car whilst Coulthard was making a complete tool of himself.
#61 - CSF
Neither Williams driver did very well in 1995, Hill spent most of his time crashing out of Grand Prix cracking under the pressure. The Williams might have been a bit unreliable, but Damon crashed out of 4/5 GP's all by himself and had 2 gearbox issues iirc.
Paul Hembrey said himself that changes to the tyre construction would just hand the title to RedBull, and he was right. They obviously have the loading figures and they know how much downforce that car is creating versus the others.

Could anyone else match Vettel? who knows, he's obviously protected within RedBull. He's never had a truly 'world class' team mate. But that's how you WIN F1 titles.
Quote from CSF :Neither Williams driver did very well in 1995, Hill spent most of his time crashing out of Grand Prix cracking under the pressure. The Williams might have been a bit unreliable, but Damon crashed out of 4/5 GP's all by himself and had 2 gearbox issues iirc.

And how would you possibly be able to recall this correctly if you were 2? There were 1 or 2 times Hill did crack under pressure, yes. Though all of the retirements in the early part of '95 except teh British GP were down to gearbox seizures and a half-shaft failure.
Quote from BlueFlame :And how would you possibly be able to recall this correctly if you were 2?

There are GP's available for download all over the internet, and lots of other people know facts about what they're talking about before they post unlike you. He wouldn't have been 2 either but that's not the point. What you said is like saying how can you know there were dinosaurs on the earth, we werent alive then.
#65 - CSF
Quote from BlueFlame :And how would you possibly be able to recall this correctly if you were 2? There were 1 or 2 times Hill did crack under pressure, yes. Though all of the retirements in the early part of '95 except teh British GP were down to gearbox seizures and a half-shaft failure.

You keep using that 'joke', and its still not funny to anyone. I know you have a pea for a brain, but sometimes Pea's can be useful. I love how you know enough about 1995 to know "Coulthard embarassed himself" though.

BTW there were 2 Gearbox failures for Hill, both of which came in the first few races. He then had 4 accidents in the rest of the season. Hill was relatively close until he started throwing it in the wall in the second half of the season.

Quote from IsaacPrice :There are GP's available for download all over the internet, and lots of other people know facts about what they're talking about before they post unlike you. He wouldn't have been 2 either but that's not the point. What you said is like saying how can you know there were dinosaurs on the earth, we werent alive then.

The Internet's full capabilities have yet to hit Liverpool yet.
Quote from CSF :You keep using that 'joke', and its still not funny to anyone. I know you have a pea for a brain, but sometimes Pea's can be useful. I love how you know enough about 1995 to know "Coulthard embarassed himself" though.

The Internet's full capabilities have yet to hit Liverpool yet.

Either way, unlike yourself I don't check wiki religiously before I post in a vain attempt to look like I know what I'm talking about, so I'll say what I remember and if it's wrong it's wrong, I don't give a shit. I'm not a fake person I say what comes off the top of my head, the first thing that comes to my head. Sure maybe it reflects a certain amount of naivety but at least it's coming from myself and not somewhere/someone else.

Not sure what Liverpool has to do with any of this though...
Please continue
#68 - CSF
Quote from BlueFlame :Either way, unlike yourself I don't check wiki religiously before I post in a vain attempt to look like I know what I'm talking about, so I'll say what I remember and if it's wrong it's wrong, I don't give a shit. I'm not a fake person I say what comes off the top of my head, the first thing that comes to my head. Sure maybe it reflects a certain amount of naivety but at least it's coming from myself and not somewhere/someone else.

Not sure what Liverpool has to do with any of this though...

So why do you pretend you know things when you clearly have no idea? I don't need to look at Wikipedia, I have read/watched enough to memorize things. Sorry that someone knows more than you, though I suspect you must encounter that every waking moment of your existence if your posts on LFSforum are anything to go by.

I'm sure you understand the Liverpool reference really.
Quote from CSF :I don't need to look at Wikipedia, I have read/watched enough to memorize things.

I'm sure you understand the Liverpool reference really.

Absolute horseshit and you know it.

And no... I don't.
#70 - CSF
You are a Liverpudlian, and the full capacity of the internet hasn't reached you yet, so you can't download and watch old F1 races...? I'm surprised you've never heard that type of expression.
Not to mention Williams were basically gifted the title in 1994 with the amount of DSQ Shumi got, yet still couldn't capitalize.
Quote from BlueFlame :You mean Hills almost win with the Arrows at Hungary and Hills victory in Spa?

Hill was better than JV. He challenged Schumacher in 94 and 95 quite legitimately considering the Benneton was a better car whilst Coulthard was making a complete tool of himself.

Hills car had the massive adantage of bridgstones at Hungary that was the only reason why he was in contention and Spa only was possible after plenty of controversial accidents, holding up ralf due to to team orders was mainly the reason he won even after that.
Quote from Mustafur :Hills car had the massive adantage of bridgstones at Hungary that was the only reason why he was in contention and Spa only was possible after plenty of controversial accidents, holding up ralf due to to team orders was mainly the reason he won even after that.

He was consistently at the front in that race regardless of the crashes. If everyone had finished he would've finished 3rd easily.

I mean, he qualified 3rd in the dry anyway. So you really can't play down the victory.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG