Hotlap and setups situation
(13 posts, started )
#1 - [SC]
It's strange to see that currently all people who worked hardly on setups doesn't have any credits in lfsworld.
Instead, some very syrange laggy drivers like MARUS making WR's on very similar to previous (all settings which possible to take from replays) WR setups. I'm good mouse driver personally, but I never was that laggy with steering.
You also can see strage steering bechaviour under LFS replay analyser.

Also, there is no point in replays with hot tyres - they are much less respectable to be on top of replays without hot tyres.
Why not to check setup similarity percent (multiple settings), steering smooth fairness, and tyre temperatures to be cold enough on lap start before making hotlap list as garbaged as now it is?
Quote from [SC] :It's strange to see that currently all people who worked hardly on setups doesn't have any credits in lfsworld.
Instead, some very syrange laggy drivers like MARUS making WR's on very similar to previous (all settings which possible to take from replays) WR setups. I'm good mouse driver personally, but I never was that laggy with steering.

Also, there is no point in replays with hot tyres - they are much less respectable to be on top of replays without hot tyres.
Why not to check setup similarity percent (multiple settings), steering smooth fairness, and tyre temperatures to be cold enough on lap start before making hotlap list as garbaged as now it is?

devs added tire pre heat to avoid people from spending time doing pointless donuts, to level the field so you wouldn't have to do them to beat the people who did.
#3 - [SC]
Quote from Bmxtwins :devs added tire pre heat to avoid people from spending time doing pointless donuts, to level the field so you wouldn't have to do them to beat the people who did.

Right, but why to do this if you can just check tyres to be _cold_ enough? Smth like "Too hot tyres - lap won't be accepted" right after crossing S/F line.
Because that way is needlessly complicated. You'd get people trying to heat their tires to within a degree of that temperature limit and we'd be practically back where we started.
#5 - Litro
WTF is this???
#6 - OTone
Quote from [SC] :It's strange to see that currently all people who worked hardly on setups doesn't have any credits in lfsworld.

Opened this thread by mistake. Gonna close this thread on purpose.
Quote from Litro :WTF is this???

Who knows...but it seems quite entertaining...dubious accounts indeed.
I've watched a few WR runs, and the thing that stands out most to me is that the setups are really weird.

I look forward to fixed setups.
Quote from vXexTcVgSrct9QtEFXJ8PKb :MARUS doesn't have any hotlaps uploaded in demo combos, you cracked your LFS aren't you?
His setups are noticeably different from old WRs, as well steering is perfectly smooth, I don't see a problem, do you?
There's been quite nice disscusion about warmed tyres in hotlap and conclusion was that hotlaps shouldn't be about who heat his tyres better

why would a random demo user post this as the very first post?

just for intrest: can´t a demo user see all hotlaps for all combos on lfs world?

peace, mo
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :I've watched a few WR runs, and the thing that stands out most to me is that the setups are really weird.

I look forward to fixed setups.

Weird how?
Quote from Forbin :Weird how?

Extremely low tire pressure, with the drivers using very large amounts of yaw.
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, or am ignorant about going fast. I'm inclined to believe the latter.
If it makes any difference, I'm thinking of the road cars in LFS.
Tires don't grip best at 0 degrees of slip. Peak grip of slicks is maybe around 2 degrees, while for road tires it's something like 6-8, IIRC.

Also remember the typical pressures quoted by car and tire manufacturers for safe road use are ridiculously high for track use. These pressures are designed to give better grip in the wet, and also to maximize tire life. On the track at such pressures, the tire will never generate enough heat to come up to temperature. In fact, what little heat they do generate inflates them even more than the stated cold pressures, reducing grip further.

Case in point: motorbike manufacturers typically quote something like 32-36 psi for their street tires. And that's COLD pressure! Take that tire on the track and it'll inflate another 2 or 3 psi, reducing the amount of heat going into the tire even further. It'll be very very stiff and have an agressive profile, but it won't stick very well. When taken on track, these tires need to be deflated to about 22-26 psi. Even my race tires, which have a very soft carcass (Pirelli Diablo) require pressures of about 30 and 28 psi front and rear when HOT. Cold, my Pirellis end up being around 26 psi front and 23 rear.

Low tire pressure also increases the slip angle for peak grip, so that means more yaw for a given lateral acceleration.
Quote from Forbin :Useful stuff

Thanks for posting that.
I actually just watched an LFS WR lap, and it didn't look that weird to me.
I remember there being a ton more yaw than that in the replays I watched.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG