The online racing simulator
Tristan Cliffe
(124 posts, started )
Well, I've let her know my viewpoint. You got proper screwed over for something that is at worst a racing incident. Pisses me off, especially the idiots on Facebook saying this and that!

Anyway, best of luck with the rest of the season!
Quote from tristancliffe :But the Clerk of the Course felt that as my video didn't show her until after impact, and her video doesn't show me at all (because the camera FOV doesn't show what's alongside), that I was officially to blame. 2 points on my licence.

Have you shown any of the officials the video from Silverstone where you go to pass her and she...erm, doesn't leave a lot of room?
#28 - CSF
as much as i like boobs, even from this viewpoint you can clearly see she turns into you mid-apex. not sure what she was expecting and to even have the blame swing in your direction is just crazy.

Do the stewards actually have any racing knowledge or are they there because of the nice wage?

edit - one of the comments "did he brake too late" lol please..
So that's some serious cup you've got yourself into Tristan? Had no idea, i thought you're still in some of those track day weekend stuff, where amateur driving enthusiasts come.
Congrats!
The amusing part is, if she had enough of a run on Tristan to pull beside, why wouldn't she take the inside? If she did, that would announce her intentions much better and allow Tristan (if needed) the ability to run onto the grass in case of a collision. Cutting down on Tristan kinda makes it a no chance to avoid kind of situation.
Seems like she expected you to concede the position without a fight, but that's hardly racing.
"I was fully past. The move was never going to work!"

How can anyone be that stupid?
Women drivers...

(Scawen don't ban me pls)
It's probably because she's a woman that she was given benefit of the doubt. Positive discrimination in a left wing society.
I hear ya Blueflame!

70 seconds of video is uploaded to YouTube, but it's private at the moment until I sit down and write the description, set embedding etc. Not long now, but as I said, it doesn't show that much.
My comment of stupid driving by Powell was directed at the Silverstone video. In this latest video...to be honest she looked like she had that corner and you were at fault. Obviously haven't seen your video yet though.
Quote from sil3ntwar :My comment of stupid driving by Powell was directed at the Silverstone video. In this latest video...to be honest she looked like she had that corner and you were at fault. Obviously haven't seen your video yet though.

She probably did have the corner, but since when does that mean the other car has to disappear in a split second? :S
Quote from BlueFlame :She probably did have the corner, but since when does that mean the other car has to disappear in a split second? :S

Crappy camera angle so impossible to tell where Tristan is. I am simply commenting on the video I saw.

I guess it is similar to this incident where Massa got the blame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcBaJbB3tI
Quote from sil3ntwar :Crappy camera angle so impossible to tell where Tristan is. I am simply commenting on the video I saw.

I guess it is similar to this incident where Massa got the blame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcBaJbB3tI

The difference is in that one, Massa looked in the mirror, saw him, and turned in anyway.
Here it is. http://youtu.be/_N6wB6ydWrg

Like I say, it doesn't show much, and the wide angle is quite deceptive, but I was definitely still alongside, and my front wheel was in front of her rear wheel. She would probably have passed me around the outside had she left more room on the inside where I was. I expected to be given racing room, and when I realised that wasn't going to be given I couldn't do anything about it.
#43 - CSF
Yeah that's clearly her fault.

Some nice weaving before your pass too.
Maybe I wouldn't even go as far as to say it's "clearly her fault", and settle on "racing incident", but I'm pretty sure if she'd stay a few cm to the left then we'd have got through the corner okay. When I passed her around the outside at Stowe 3 weeks ago, I left her room on the inside. When I passed her at the last corner at Snetterton, I left her room (although granted it was close). You have to leave room. Otherwise it's not racing, it's just a big fight in cars.
#45 - CSF
Yeah that seems more fair. I can't understand the stewards decision with both the views available. Seems like a strange decision...
A) The Clerk of the Course made lots of poor decisions over the weekend about a lot of things.
B) If he ever did/does race, he's obviously not very good at it
C) He can't understand camera field of view geometry, or process the distortion (for instance, everything looks further away on camera, particularly away from centre).
D) He couldn't say Alice was at fault in case he was accused of sexism, which these days is only marginally better than if he had actually assaulted her.
E) She got there first, and claimed to have hurt her knee, so got some sympathy votes.

They go on about judges of fact, but there is no such thing with human beings.

Besides, taking two points on my licence (you're allowed 12 in a year) is no biggie as I'll probably never get any ever again anyway. But I do want to withdraw my signature on the penalty report if I can.
Quote from tristancliffe :Here it is. http://youtu.be/_N6wB6ydWrg

Like I say, it doesn't show much, and the wide angle is quite deceptive, but I was definitely still alongside, and my front wheel was in front of her rear wheel. She would probably have passed me around the outside had she left more room on the inside where I was. I expected to be given racing room, and when I realised that wasn't going to be given I couldn't do anything about it.

Either the stewards are blind, plain retarded or they got some nice amount of money. I can't even imagine how that can be your fault. You clearly took the apex, kept right and she simply cut you off.

Oh and she banned me from her instagram, seems like I can't comment anymore.
Looks a nasty one and it's good you are both okay. I guess you know just how far alongside you were at the point of contact, it's clearly not like you dove from way back and punted her though, it's very hard to actually see that from the onboard videos, but I'll keep an eye on MotorsTV (Btw, how did you manage to be the only car shown in the entire trailer for your series? Nice little bit with you sliding it in the wet too).
Which trailer? Linky?
Quote from tristancliffe :Which trailer? Linky?

I don't imagine it will be on the net, it's the little 20 second thing MotorsTV show with the time that they're showing your series races, basically you're the focal point of every single shot

Tristan Cliffe
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG