The online racing simulator
G27 clutch problem
(11 posts, started )
#1 - magao
G27 clutch problem
Hi,

Yesterday I played Lfs normally.. Today when I went play the wheel are totally disconfigured.. Clutch don't work.. I already used search and tried do all tips and aren't working...

When I press clutch pedal the axis work but the blue bar don't move. I already set on config axis to correct clutch pedal and didn't work.

Already reinstalled Logitech software..
In another's games this work fine.. Only in Lfs ..
I did reinstall and not working..

I'm new at Lfs less than two weeks.. And im bored with this situation..

What can I do to solve this?

Sds,
Joao
Hello there,

Just double check this:

Under LFS' Options > Controls > Axes / FF > Clutch:

Is it set to axis or button? It should be axis (if it was set to button, pressing the clutch pedal might result in the senario that you are facing).

Can't think of anything else which would cause this to happen...
#3 - magao
Quote from Silverracer :Hello there,

Just double check this:

Under LFS' Options > Controls > Axes / FF > Clutch:

Is it set to axis or button? It should be axis (if it was set to button, pressing the clutch pedal might result in the senario that you are facing).

Can't think of anything else which would cause this to happen...

it is axis.. i already change to button, axis, nothing.. and nothing happen.. and i can see the clutch pedal working.. but when i set to clutch dindt do nothing..

yesterday are normal! i played with my son all was ok.. today it stopped..

=/
Hmm...

Okay, so at the moment you can't use the pedal to use the clutch function.

But can you drive off as normal?

Or will the car not move at all? If that's the case, the clutch axis direction might be inverterted (click on invert 1/invert 0 next to the axis).

Try Shift+C (reinnitialise controllers) - see if that would make a difference.
hi Magao, did you plug another usb controller since the last time it worked properly? I'm asking cause if another gamepad/wheel, joystick is connected your G27 might no be the number 1 controller in Windows hierarchy and this makes the buttons assignment in LFS messed up. If this is the case just unplug the new controller or set it as second controller in the Game Controller panel. Hope it helps!
#6 - magao
Quote from Silverracer :Hmm...

Okay, so at the moment you can't use the pedal to use the clutch function.

But can you drive off as normal?

Or will the car not move at all? If that's the case, the clutch axis direction might be inverterted (click on invert 1/invert 0 next to the axis).

Try Shift+C (reinnitialise controllers) - see if that would make a difference.

Yes, I can drive in automatic or using sequential shifter..
#7 - magao
Quote from Skytrill :hi Magao, did you plug another usb controller since the last time it worked properly? I'm asking cause if another gamepad/wheel, joystick is connected your G27 might no be the number 1 controller in Windows hierarchy and this makes the buttons assignment in LFS messed up. If this is the case just unplug the new controller or set it as second controller in the Game Controller panel. Hope it helps!

I don't have any another controller.. Only g27..
In options I press clutch and show working in 4 axis.. I set it to clutch but the blue bar didn't appear .. Strange!
If you set the clutch to the proper axis and the blue bar isn't moving I'm out of idea, except maybe clicking on the C button hoping to fix a calibrating issue of some sort.
Did you try the pedals with another racing game since the problem occurred? Just to be sure the problem isn't LFS related.

Best of luck!
I too, for the life of me can't figure out what's causing this.

If the axis is inverted (0/1), the clutch could be on/off all the time. But since he can drive off, that couldn't be a problem.

Just re-try the following:
http://upload.lfsmanual.net/im ... b/HowToAssignAxis_Ani.gif

Also, something that you could try (to see if you can pin-point the problem), is to use the gas pedal as throttle/brake combines and the brake pedal as the clutch. Reassign those axes and see if the clutch works as normal?

Or you can simply switch the pedals/axes (use the brake pedal for the clutch axis and the clutch pedal for the brake axis) and see if either work as usual...

Clutching loose straws here.
Hi,

Fixed!

I removed again Logitech drivers.. Removed Lfs , rebooted.. Without g27 plugged into USB..
So I reinstalled drivers and plugged USB in another port.. After I reinstalled Lfs and now working!

Now the clutch bar working.. So strange but now working correct!

Thank you!
Glad that it's sorted.

Usually this sort of mix up don't require a re-install of LFS. But great that it's sorted.

Have fun!

G27 clutch problem
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG