The online racing simulator
rFactor got a bit better deal from Intel/BMW than LFS?
http://www.rfactor.net/?page=news_07-20_updatefeatures

In the link there's feature list of the upcoming patch. Browse to the end of the page until you see "new circuits"... it says Montreal, Nürburgring and Barcelona (plus "Jacksonville", I suppose it's a real track?). No mention about BMW-Sauber and that Panoz Esperante car but rumours say rFactor will get those later, after the BMW's Pit Lane Park tour is over. Until I heard about this I thought rFactor would never get those released...

Remember when Scawen said that they couldn't agree on some parts of the deal so LFS ended up getting only used in the Intel Racing Tour and rFactor got obviously the bigger jackpot. I've thought Scavier just demanded back then that they want to get everything released for public too... but seems like the reason can't be that because rFactor is getting those anyway. So what was it then? Did rFactor devs have the rights for the tracks from F1C so they could just update those graphically and show a better offer for Intel or what?

Does Scawen or someone else want to explain a little bit more about this? IF these tracks that rFactor is getting are even connected to the Intel/BMW deal in the first place, at least I highly believe so.
I remeber at the time the LFS Devs pointing out that whatever details they wanted to release they had done, we got an F1 car out of it. LFS isnt finished, I dont see the need for real tracks yet. Personally im not interested in the in's and out's of any deal that has nothing to do with me.

I drive the BF1, I like the BF1, Im happy we have it, and there is where it ends.
Quote from mkinnov8 :I remeber at the time the LFS Devs pointing out that whatever details they wanted to release they had done, we got an F1 car out of it. LFS isnt finished, I dont see the need for real tracks yet. Personally im not interested in the in's and out's of any deal that has nothing to do with me.

I drive the BF1, I like the BF1, Im happy we have it, and there is where it ends.

NO IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!(i hope)
and also me wants self-made tracks they r more fun to race and it costs allmost nothin or nothing
Self made tracks for sure.. AFTER S3 is out.

And as far as any details we reqiure or are getting, it does end wherever the Devs wanna leave it.
yeah but the cars, ihope they will be still created by the devs and not allot of licensed cars
This thread was supposed to discussion about this deal and why rFactor (possibly? looks like it at least) got the bigger jackpot than LFS... not about should LFS have real tracks or not.
#7 - Woz
Hold old.......

LFS HAS the F1 car NOW. rF does not and no sign of when they will get it. How is that the better deal.
ok sorry but i don't understand why Rfactor should get a bigger deal then LFS, i don't think Rfactor is better than LFS. We should be threated even
#9 - w126
Also Silverstone (it's called Northamptonshire http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=northampton_details) will be released with the next rFactor patch.

These four tracks from F1 season were build by more than one person and it had to be done quickly to be ready for pitlane park events. Some people reported that during these events driving aids (other than TC) were always on in the simulators available for visitors. Could these be the reasons for choosing rFactor?

BTW, remaining pitlane park events are Monza and Shanghai.
Quote from Scrabby :We should be threated even

i prefer "treated"
#11 - Don
ZOMG nfsu has more real cars than lfs! They got better deal than lfs devs
The staff the Scavier is not telling is probably something we don't need to know. It may be anything from from driving aids to delaying the release of the F1 car

As it says on the rf site:

Quote from ISI Readies New Update :

Circuits:

Barcelona - Permanent Road Course
Jacksonville Speedway - High Banked Superspeedway
Lienz Rally Hillclimb - Rally Course
Montreal - Permanent Road Course
Northamptonshire - Permanent Road Course
Nuerburg - Permanent Road Course

These can be as real as the official rFactor stuff that came with the release. And can you see any relation between those tracks and the Intel-BMW? BMW racing team does not own those tracks or any rights to them and vice versa
Quote from Woz :LFS HAS the F1 car NOW. rF does not and no sign of when they will get it. How is that the better deal.

You wanna ask that again after x weeks when rFactor has the tracks and BMW F1? And the tracks are already listed in the patch feature list, you think they'll will remove them from the the patch?

Quote from Don :ZOMG nfsu has more real cars than lfs! They got better deal than lfs devs

So they're showing NFSU in the pit lane park too?

Just as I thought... everyone is basicly saying "no" for real tracks. You're just being hypocrite. And thanks for mistunderstanding the whole point of this thread, the subject wasn't how crappy rFactor is (I'm not a fan of it either but I'm not bashing it here). I just want to know or at least discuss why LFS didn't get the jackpot in the deal.
i think no1 can give an answer to this ecept the devs
Quote from Don :ZOMG nfsu has more real cars than lfs! They got better deal than lfs devs

EA GAMES is a BIG company scavier isn't(don't meant negativly)
i can see eric go mental when he has to recreate 3 real tracks within a few months

As far as I can remember, tracks were never a topic of 'the deal'. For the rest, I don't work at isi, so i don't know anything. And I doubt anyone here does know, so I fear it is all pure speculation in this thread. You'd have to ask them for an answer I guess

How much isi does do you want to contribute to bmw/intel?
Quote from Hyperactive :These can be as real as the official rFactor stuff that came with the release. And can you see any relation between those tracks and the Intel-BMW? BMW racing team does not own those tracks or any rights to them and vice versa

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=barcelona_details
http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=montreal_details
http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=northampton_details
http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=nuerburg_details

Still doesn't look real? Interesting though that Silverstone is called Northamptonshire... or is it a casual nick name for it or something? Also Nürburgring is suspiciously "Nuerburg".

Quote from Victor :i can see eric go mental when he has to recreate 3 real tracks within a few months

As far as I can remember, tracks were never a topic of 'the deal'. For the rest, I don't work at isi, so i don't know anything. And I doubt anyone here does know, so I fear it is all pure speculation in this thread. You'd have to ask them for an answer I guess

Okay, thanks for answering. If you're really not hiding anything from us (or then Scawen is hiding something even from you).
Maybe the rF devs have just spend money having those. Because they have the pitlane tour or whatever it's called, they need to have the tracks they are on so they can advertise their game. So I think, the deal between rF and Intel&BMW was that rF gets the car license free and must buy some tracks to advertise rF at their pitlanegamepark-what-ever-it-was, or get both free- but would be too good I guess. And the deal between LFS and Intel&BMW at the moment looks like that LFS gets the car and some adverts around the track and BMW get the right to use LFS on their German tour thing. And how much tiem it would take to Eric make those tracks?

edit. Hehe. took over 15 mins to make this post...dam MSN :P

edit2. Yes, those track names sound a bit odd. But Silverstone is in Northamptonshire, and Nurburing is in Nuerburg. So have they just dodged the licensing issues?
Quote from Blackout :edit2. Yes, those track names sound a bit odd. But Silverstone is in Northamptonshire, and Nurburing is in Nuerburg. So have they just dodged the licensing issues?

I don't think so... because from the track profiles you can see they are the real tracks. But sounds suspicious. And I don't think you could make any track 1:1 with the real life thing and then just rename it, except some street tracks like Monaco (it's in GT4 and name is "Code d'zur" or something).

And remember that ISI is just a dev team, they don't have a publisher so I'd doubt that they could have just bought licences for the tracks. Those must be connected to the BMW/Intel deal somehow.
Why do you care? So many people on this forum say that rF sucks, and then turn around and say "why do they have this and we don't?" WHY do you care!?

ISI didn't get a better deal than Scavier. Scavier didn't get a better deal than ISI. They got different deals. Period. Quit complaining and be happy you've got BF1 at all.
We shouldn't care about it. It doesn't matter. I was too kind to not post it, but yeah. How this matters? :P

And it's Cote d'azur, that's Riviera.
Quote from MAGGOT :Why do you care? So many people on this forum say that rF sucks, and then turn around and say "why do they have this and we don't?" WHY do you care!?

Because this whole Intel/BMW deal thingy dingy cornerns LFS too. If LFS wouldn't have BMW F1, I probably wouldn't have made this thread now.

Quote :ISI didn't get a better deal than Scavier. Scavier didn't get a better deal than ISI. They got different deals. Period. Quit complaining and be happy you've got BF1 at all.

They got the deals from the same author and both games are similar in terms of that they're not under big publishers. That's very comparable.

And the thing that Victor told in his post was new information, I obviously didn't know that before making this thread.
Quote from Victor :i can see eric go mental when he has to recreate 3 real tracks within a few months

...he didnt have to if he can work like Scawen
Quote from deggis :Because this whole Intel/BMW deal thingy dingy cornerns LFS too.

What happens with rF doesn't concern LFS. I still fail to see your point.

Quote :If LFS wouldn't have BMW F1, I probably wouldn't have made this thread now.

So you're complaining because we only got part of what someone else got, as apposed to not getting anything at all? That makes absolutely no sense.
Quote from MAGGOT :What happens with rF doesn't concern LFS. I still fail to see your point.

In both cases a deal with Intel is the commonality.

Quote :So you're complaining because we only got part of what someone else got, as apposed to not getting anything at all? That makes absolutely no sense.

When I was complaining? I've said at least once that I'm just interested why this went like this which Victor practically already answered.
This thread is closed

rFactor got a bit better deal from Intel/BMW than LFS?
(46 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG