The online racing simulator
Server Keep dossing by WKD aigan.
(17 posts, closed, started )
Hello, WKD is dossing aigan, everyone told me that they dossing, all wkd must banned and the name must be suspended.

PLZ LFS DEVS BAN ALL WKD MEMBERS!
So just by reading your post, we should assume they have been DDoSing? I'm not defending them but no real proof = very little chance of punishment.
Devs don't really care anyway, which is sad.
#4 - Sobis
Wait... Wasn't that crap banned in the first place already?

Wasn't it quiet the last two months? This name pops up again and tada, the problems start all over again.

Just get rid of that shitpool. It has nothing to do with a RACING simulator to begin with. It's a collection of kids between 14 and 20 years old which cannot drive a car properly so they get bored and start to annoy people who actually try to be serious. Why this kind of crap gets a platform again is beyond me. Maybe I am in the wrong place and this racing simulator is really on a dead end track.
so cute
#7 - obmit
Nice going devs, what a way to treat your loyal users,,, can't be ****ing arsed to sort this out, shame on you.

I don't give a shit who's doing it but surely it can be sorted.

Does "Take the money and run" sound familiar ?

Oh well Assetto Corsa is looking even more attractive now.
Quote from obmit :

You mean Franky500?
Quote from Bmxtwins :You mean Franky500?

He means that the progress in LFS is not the one which we've expected for what we paid for ?
You paid for S2. You have no paid for S3 yet, and you will only have to pay for it when it is released. We never paid them to develop we paid for what they have already developed.

If the dev's no longer cared they wouldn't have released open configs, multiplayer improvements, as well as a new dedi console service. Clearly they are trying to prepare for the future. But yes, I do agree it is tedious waiting.
Well I heard about Franky500 but that's it. I haven't heard about anything else.
Only one thing to say about this shitfest,
Early 2009 / Soon™

Guys please, we all have our own opinions regarding LFS Development, so please keep them to yourselves, as it will not speed up the process nor bring it quicker, and try to keep on topic as well, otherwise the MODS will be in here like a flash and click the CLOSE button.

The devs are/have done some work regarding the "dossing" It's one of those things that can come back and you just have to throw bandwidth at it to cope. There is no perm fix (afaik) otherwise it would never re-occur, here or anywhere else.

The devs know what they are doing, so let them do this

Fordie

PS - just in case you think I have a change of opinion or going soft....I like the rest of you would love an update, from the devs, even just a its going well or something would be better than nothing, but shouting about it, will do no good, in my experience
Quote from Bmxtwins :Clearly they are trying to prepare for the future.

I'm busy with LFS almost daily, like lots of others, either, racing, managing, adminning and whatever. I see them busy a few weeks a year, I am impressed. Really. .. Also a very respectful attitude.

Can somebody inform them that in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 not much is going to happen and as a result of that the community will fall apart and only some script kiddies will survive and keep annoying each other with a death horse in the year 2013? Thanks.
Stop taking me seriously Ford, you nub ^^
Actually, to be honest, why is this topic allowed to live? There is no hard evidence, just a shouting madman claiming someone did something wrong. Untill there are some evidences here, then we're out cold and don't know jack shit.
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Devs don't really care anyway, which is sad.

The thing is.. there's nothing that the Devs can do. Yes they can ban the users (which AFAIK they have), but they can't repossess their computers. The server owners can, if they wish, press charges to their respective police agency but outside of that.. it's not actually the Devs responsibility.

If your server is hosted on a network that is vulnerable to attacks, then it will get brought down. The latest wave of attacks are especially hard and require dedicated switches and hardware that are protected against SYN attacks.

Quote from cargame.nl :Wait... Wasn't that crap banned in the first place already?

Wasn't it quiet the last two months? This name pops up again and tada, the problems start all over again.

Just get rid of that shitpool. It has nothing to do with a RACING simulator to begin with. It's a collection of kids between 14 and 20 years old which cannot drive a car properly so they get bored and start to annoy people who actually try to be serious. Why this kind of crap gets a platform again is beyond me. Maybe I am in the wrong place and this racing simulator is really on a dead end track.

You can ban the users from the forum, but (legally, without refunding) you can't take away their LFS. Never mind that even if they don't have LFS, they can still DDoS. Like I said, it's not actually the developers responsibility if your servers are vulnerable, and there's basically nothing they can do to prevent it. If it gets taken down, that's yours (or whoevers network you're on) to prevent.

Quote from obmit :Nice going devs, what a way to treat your loyal users,,, can't be ****ing arsed to sort this out, shame on you.

I don't give a shit who's doing it but surely it can be sorted.

Oh well Assetto Corsa is looking even more attractive now.

I'm not going to reiterate myself, read above and understand why it's not actually the developers responsibility to secure everybody's server environment.
Closing this.

The OP didn't include proof of ddosing.

Also, this thread has turned into discussion about something else and doesn't go anywhere. And since some points have been made by some people, there's no point in keeping it open.
This thread is closed

(17 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG