The online racing simulator
LFS runs on background when started
(11 posts, started )
Sometimes LFS starts in the background I.E. It's completely invisible from you. This normally happens when starting LFS in window mode, but has happened a few times when LFS was started in Fullscreen Mode.

Never happened on clean Patch Z or Z25, only Z28.

Really annoying as you have to *cough*alt-tab*cough* into the window.

Not completely sure that it's actually a bug, but I just post it here to find out.
It happens to me sometimes. I'm also starting it usually in windowed mode.

Can't remember if it hapened before Z28 though.

I'm on Win7
Happened to me several times when LFS starting in windowed mode only, never in full screen mode.
Alt+tab don't work for me, always helped task manager and maximize or bring to front process of LFS.

I noticed problem before release Z28.

I run LFS always via Logitech Profiler.
Happens to me quite often lately, sometimes minimizing all other applications help, but sometimes I must go to task manager and kill LFS.exe
I've had the same problem for a long long time, usually i just minimize all the other windows and then it suddenly pops up
I think I found exact way to reproduce this bug

You have to do three fast clicks on LFS.exe
I belive first two clicks executes LFS, and then third bring back foreground to Windows Explorer so this maybe somehow confuses LFS
I'm not able to reproduce it. I tried a bunch of times and it opened correctly.
Maybe try on slower PC ... I reproduced it on Windows XP, 7 and 8.
Here is video how it looks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... sraI&feature=youtu.be

at 00:02 I run it normally with double click
at 00:08 triple click, there is LFS window but its not shown in taskbar
at 00:21 triple click with explorer maximized, no LFS until you minimize all other windows
That's just a bug with Windows. I've seen it with IE, Firefox, Chrome and basically any Windows application. It gets confused sometimes.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's just a bug with Windows. I've seen it with IE, Firefox, Chrome and basically any Windows application. It gets confused sometimes.

I tried triple clicking on some applications, and all of them are running in background when triple click but they are shown in taskbar. While problem with LFS is that it isn't shown there, so you have to minimize all other windows to run it propertly.
Yeah sometimes it starts behind the scenes and can be alt-tabbed to if it does not appear on start bar. WinXP.
etc. other applications don't do that at all or almost at all.

My guess is it just gets stuck somewhere sometimes, that's another issue that used to happen that it would not load completely.
But this window on background is more OS related than LFS probably.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG