The online racing simulator
The original Formula M thread
(179 posts, started )

Poll : Would you like to see the series in action?

Yes
No
Maybe
i love the idea of fixed setups on mrt also tracks are nice. ill be doing this if i got time
Quote from teppo.jr :i love the idea of fixed setups on mrt

Fixed setups were scrapped a month ago. Please always check the changlelog for rule changes and such.
Quote from RandomnessInside :Fixed setups were scrapped a month ago. Please always check the changlelog for rule changes and such.

put the changelog in the op post then, cuz Im also to lazy to read all those other posts
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :put the changelog in the op post then, cuz Im also to lazy to read all those other posts

Quote from RandomnessInside :UPDATE 26.5.2013: The series schedule is now added on the LFS race calendar, and the series name has been decided to be Formula M (M for MRT). The series will start on the 14th of September and will end on the 23rd of November. The races are held on Saturdays every other week. The calendar consists of 6 rounds, each of them being driven on different tracks.

The knock-out qualifying idea has been scrapped, as well as the fixed setups, because there's no simple way to accomplish it. As the rulebook comes, the points system will be informed as well. We also decided to allow bump-drafting.

You're welcome lol. Might have to change the layout since you all find it so distracting.
indeed, use headers etc, makes it way more organised
I'll make the changes once I get home in the weekend, won't bother doing it now. Just try to cope with the current layout for now
wait... its possible with... u know... setup exctractor thingy.
theres nothing wrong at it if the sets are fixed
Quote from teppo.jr :wait... its possible with... u know... setup exctractor thingy.
theres nothing wrong at it if the sets are fixed

I'm not familiar with the LFS insim's, but what I heard from CodeLyoko1 is that fixed setups are possible, but only by locking every setup separately, meaning, that there will be no public parc ferme but instead every driver's setups must be locked separately, taking some time.
Quote from teppo.jr :kröhöm https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... &highlight=april+fool näethän

You've probably misunderstood. As said on the thread, it can extract the setup(s) from a replay file but yet you don't have an other way to make sure no one uses a setup different from the fixed one, the one required to use.
Quote from RandomnessInside :You've probably misunderstood. As said on the thread, it can extract the setup(s) from a replay file but yet you don't have an other way to make sure no one uses a setup different from the fixed one, the one required to use.

u can check them after race if u suspect someone is using wrong setups. by lfa garage :/ its long way around it and cheaty but it works.
Quote from teppo.jr :u can check them after race if u suspect someone is using wrong setups.

Ah yes, correct. However it would still take the same amount of time as with locking the setups separately, so for now, the decision stands, but might be cancelled if a reliable solution is found. The replays will be checked after the race anyway for incidents.
Quote from RandomnessInside :I'm not familiar with the LFS insim's

LFSinsim does only give you information about a few setupvalues, not about all. However, one could theoretically program something client based that checks if it is the right setup and sends the information to the admin.
Quote from TFalke55 :LFSinsim does only give you information about a few setupvalues, not about all. However, one could theoretically program something client based that checks if it is the right setup and sends the information to the admin.

i think thats too hard to make... unless if its aonio type off client based insim witch sents the data to server insim.
Just as a random idea. For the situation that the MRT's can't reverse.

You could allow car-reset, and listen for a IS_CRS (car reset), and automatically assess a s/g penalty to that driver.

That allows a driver to recover, while giving them a penalty that simulates a pitstop. Of course on AX that won't work, so maybe a 30s penalty (upgraded to 45s if reset a second time).. or manually timing/removing s/g penalties on AX tracks.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You could allow car-reset, and listen for a IS_CRS (car reset), and automatically assess a s/g penalty to that driver.

Good suggestion, but I find that rather sketchy and too modern to use, as most of the leagues tend to be as close to reality as possible, thus I've thought about yellow flagging on that zone the car is stuck at and enable a rescue and safety car.

It's not only about "ruining" one's race, but also because the stuck car could be a danger on the track, and the MRT's are such easy to drive you rarely get stuck. I won't allow car resetting though.
The thing about the rescue car is it'll be basically impossible to unstuck that car. Maybe throw a caution/safety car to simulate that occurrance and bring out the rescue car. Then proceed to temporarily enable car reset, have that car reset, and then assess a penalty.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :temporarily enable car reset, have that car reset, and then assess a penalty.

I had in mind to enable car reset temporarily when the rescue car has arrived and ready to reset the car, is it possible to reset the car without changing the car stats?
No. That's why I suggest imposing a stop-go penalty. To simulate the time loss of a pit stop to repair that damage.
I guess that could work as well...he would get the advantage of both recovering and getting repaired.

But there's still plenty of time to think until the first round, surely this case will be discussed a lot about and has various possibilities to utilize.
Well, most series' (LFSCART included I believe).. Upside down == You're finished. Stuck (which in the MRT is easier) you get the benefit of a push out of the sand trap.

You could keep the same:
Flip == retirement
stuck against wall == reset + penalty.
stuck in sand == push out by rescue car
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Flip == retirement

True, not often I see a car continuing the race after flipped over, both real life and simracing
Quote from RandomnessInside :not often I see a car continuing the race after flipped over, both real life and simracing

Dale Earnhart at Daytona. It was hilarious! or 200...9? X Games Rallycross Final.
Well I did say not often but meh, it could happen.
-
(CodeLyoko1) DELETED by CodeLyoko1 : me stoopid
-
(RandomnessInside) DELETED by RandomnessInside : ^ me too.
Anyone awake for updates? Now that the Kyoto 500 is past, CodeLyoko1 and I are ready to continue the preparing of this series.

Also, 100th reply :monkey:

The original Formula M thread
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG