The online racing simulator
Simulating F1 DRS or KERS
(23 posts, started )
We are a small group that have our private championship. We try to follow modern F1 rules. The problem is that we couldn't find any solution for simulating DRS or KERS. Any of the two would be great.

Did anyone already find any solution? DRS should change rear wing angle. KERS should give the car additional power. If there is any way to achieve this I would be really grateful! It isn't necessary that solution simulates real life. It would be enough just if the effect was the same.
I don't really think that's possible. I'll leave the more experimented people to respond to this and look forward for their answer.
Cheat for no Air Drag and nitro boost cheat
edit: but even for cheats its quite complex to reduce rear wing drag only.
It actually is quite an easy hack and I have made similar things with tweaking aero parts.

Now the biggest problem is not about hacking or coding, the biggest problem is the kind of mind described just above this post : for those people, the very fact of thinking to get faster, is already viewed as cheating; no matter the context (and a slap for cargame.nl here lol)

They just can't grasp cheat is a behaviour and hack is a tool, so they will call DRS an "air drag cheat", and KERS a "nitro boost cheat" and any creativity beside standard content will be bashed as cheating intent.
Users will be burned, naked, at the stake, and the programmer beheaded : that's the state of consciouness here.

We are only lucky that they don't call the throttle pedal and pistons a speed cheat yet, but its only because these cheats were already in the game.

I'll be happy to help and give some tricks, when am confident it's actually worthy and won't be received as another Black Witch spell, wich is absolutely not the case anyhow. Too bad.
Quote from kingwalter :They just can't grasp cheat is a behaviour and hack is a tool, so they will call DRS an "air drag cheat", and KERS a "nitro boost cheat" and any creativity beside standard content will be bashed as cheating intent.

There were some postings where someone "accidently" used such things on normal server.
I think problem is some people can not use these hacks responsible

---

Maybe one could use 7th gear as DRS.
It is a bit different but in the end the effect is the same: car gets slightly higher topspeed, just like with DRS.
Of course the gear ratios would be to be done in such way that topspeed is only reached in 7th gear.
Quote from Mateosh :We are a small group that have our private championship. We try to follow modern F1 rules. The problem is that we couldn't find any solution for simulating DRS or KERS. Any of the two would be great.

Did anyone already find any solution? DRS should change rear wing angle. KERS should give the car additional power. If there is any way to achieve this I would be really grateful! It isn't necessary that solution simulates real life. It would be enough just if the effect was the same.

send a message to denny12. He made one and has used it online. in theory you could use the negative hand brake value, if you find a way for it to get past cheat detection
he did that, i cannot share it, because it can be used without detecting by cpw..
Quote from Bmxtwins :s use the negative hand brake value, if you find a way for it to get past cheat detection

how is such a tweak related with a negative brake value ?
how ? i mean, is that how u answer the request ? or did you even read that request ?
No, you just bring back old scary stories.

Quote from Denny12 :he did that, i cannot share it, because it can be used without detecting by cpw..

Building a tweak that is not covered by CPW requires to include some way not to use the tweak in wrong context/server.
Server filtering has proved to be efficient with NTO and DTD, and is ultra simple to set up.

So cpw isn't a problem, in or out, but the problem is your mind.
See, you are so scared of the holy cheat syndrom, that you can't even think about the topic itself, instead again propagating your scares and blending tweak and cheat in the same topic without any free-will.

This is so low, omg :/
Doesn't creating a server with /modified enabled disable cheat protection for the server?

(I'm not certain, I just know that it exists and if it doesn't disable CPW, what does it do?!)
Quote from kingwalter :
Building a tweak that is not covered by CPW requires to include some way not to use the tweak in wrong context/server.

1) Load the mod in IDA
2) Find the server name check and replace it with NOP
3) Profit

12 years old kids can to that, so the only responsible thing is NOT to release anything that can give its users unfair advantage.
That's probably why you Madcatx have to feed most of them 12 old kids with ready made code they don' even want to understand !
Like in this thread or this one .

C'mon.
I didn't write server restriction is waterproof sealing, no more than CPW is, i just wrote it PROVED efficient in the past.

Even you madcatx with all your knowledge, are blinded by fear and spreading myths : yeah 12 yo kids dont use IDA or eat NOPs at breakfast, no no no, this is legend.
Quote from kingwalter :how is such a tweak related with a negative brake value ?
how ? i mean, is that how u answer the request ? or did you even read that request ?
No, you just bring back old scary stories.

DRS and KERS gives you more speed. If you use a negative brake value, you will create less brake friction (in the minus actually) and so it gives you more speed. I don't know why you go fully mad about it, he is just helping.
Ohw.
Sure it will give you more forward push. Now please well let go a little further in the mechanics.
The handbrake hack allows, by changing brake balance, to apply power in front or rear wheels. It can then help a FWD or RWD car get some traction on the 'free' wheels.
I am not sure it would be wanted that racers change their edit:wheel traction (brake balance) under KERS state.

Now thats is quite the stereotypical difference between cheat mind and tweak mind. Cheating, u only wanted speed, not needeed to think further.
And that's why i am harsch, because almost everyone answering here writes with a cheater's spirit, when the request is clearly about tweak.
I consider it spamming, am sorry it is not obvious for you.
Kingwalter, what is your problem? He is only helping people.
I consider it spamming, am sorry it is not obvious for you.
Quote from kingwalter :I consider it spamming, am sorry it is not obvious for you.

you're spamming more than him. you don't know the difference between tweaking and cheating. Tweaking is used for private servers, cheating is if you use it outside of your own server with breaking the rules of that server. Am sorry it is not obvious for you.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :you don't know the difference between tweaking and cheating. Tweaking is used for private servers, cheating is if you use it outside of your own server with breaking the rules of that server.

You are just upset and write quite stupid inputs lol. Think about it for a second.
Anyway, I still have hope someone else can write even lower stuff.
Go go go strafing pass !
Quote from kingwalter :Anyway, I still have hope someone else can write even lower stuff.

I doubt anyone can match you in that aspect.
Kingwalter, I actually understabd what you mean by calling some cheat minded and slme yack minded. And actually I found your way of writing quite intersting in the start, you seem to know what you talk about. However, you are too agressive, and maybe on the brink of beeing a little high ln yourself and your capabilities and therfor look and speaks down on others.

This is not meant as an attack on you, but please be a little more nice to the other members, ok?

Back topic:
I am probally also a cheat mind person, as long as there is a sollution for a problem I do not care about the techobable. Good example of this was when I was modding the game CnC Generals. I worked with the AI scripts with the aim to make them better and more fun to play with. Ultimately I let it cheat by giving in certain advantages in Money and unit building speed. Also there was some other silly tweakings I did witch made it total dicks BUT fun to olay with. And I think that is whats important, if it works - good, most users will be satisfyed by that.

So is it possible to do the KERS and wing editing, if so do it, even if it's some half assed simple negative values hack.
Consider this as friendly spam
Blergh: many errors here sorry, on a phone.
I didn't know this is such a sensitive topic. I don't want to cheat. Actually I never play on public servers. All I am asking is if there is a tweak that we (3 brothers) can use on our private server for our private championship. As I understand from your answers there may be some solutions. I would be very happy if someone can describe technical details. If it shouldn't be in public topic then please write me personal message.
I was just thinking and I don't want to be mean or anything, but why the need of DRS\KERS, which translates in extra power, when BF1 is in fact too quick for all the tracks LFS has to offer. I mean, the points where you should be able to put it to a real use are so rare, that you could count them on the fingers of one hand. And from my point of view, drafting when driving BF1 could be very well compared to DRS considering the fact that it gives you an impressive amount of boost.

Just saying.
or like one user said, just use a fixed 6th and 7th gear ratio and check everyone's sets
No scripting, no controversy
how would that simulate KERS?

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG